Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#3923 by John DeLaney Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:48 pm
edit: This person also uses Cranston Dennis, Dennis Raymond, Dennis Rodriguez, all his replies are a script that he copy/pastes into email, the initial email is usually short, then more details are requested.

Take note that he never asks about the condition of any article he is buying, haggles over the price, in fact, he usually offers to pay $20 to $30 more as a show of thanks for holding the article for him.

It is not until the actual cheque/money orders arrive that there becomes a problem.

The cheques are either stolen or fake, the money orders are the same. It can take your bank up to 6 months to find out, and you will be liable for any amount you have cashed.

In addition, you may also be charged with presenting fake cheques/money orders,

still fr sale?

Hi,
Thanks for the response.I am willing to pay your asking price.I

will pay by money order as its the only way i can pay you at the

moment.I will make arrangement for the pick-up after payment have

been received by you. I dont mind adding an extra twenty dollars so

you can keep it in my favor.Reply with your full name,cell phone

number,and address where payment should be sent.Please take the

posting off craigslist today and consider it sold to me. Expecting to

hear from you soon.

Regards

Cranston

Hi,
I have given my assistant the go ahead to mail payment to you.You

should receive payment within the coming week( 6-7days time).Once

payment is received we can proceed with the pickup.Thanks for your

understanding and patience. Regards,
Cranston

Hi
I hope you are fine and alright. I have been busy myself but doing great. There is something i think i must bring to your notice. After a reconciliation of my account , i discovered that somehow my assistant must have over paid you. The payment that was meant for another transaction was sent to you and the one meant for you was sent to another, however i want to believe i wont have a problem with you. Please once you receive your payment, i would like you to deduct your money and send the remaining via money gram to my daughter so she can settle some of her pressing needs and also reactivate my Fed ex account. I will provide the info you need to complete the money gram transfer once you receive payment. Thanks once again for your understanding.
Warm regards

Hi,
How was your weekend? I want to inform you that payment will be delivered to your address in a few days.You will recieve money orders for $1900.You will cash at your bank and deduct $495 as your payment.The balance of $1405 will be sent to my daughter via western union so she can reactivate my fedex account and take care of some of her needs.I will provide all info needed as soon as payment is received.
Regards,
Cranston.
Last edited by John DeLaney on Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

John DeLaney
Advertisement

#3925 by Ralph Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:41 am
Just as a matter of interest, any email you recieve that starts with "I hope you are fine and alright" should be viewed with the utmost discretion.

Click Here and you will see why