Craigslist, Ebay and other online buying/selling scams.
#4043 by John DeLaney Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:59 pm
Here are the emails used by Mike Colburn to scam sellers on Craigslist

All of these have been collected from prospective victims that Mike Colburn was attempting to scam by an overpayment with a fake cheque and wire draft.

Unforunately, none of the prospective victims let him continue past the 3rd or 4th email, before they cut off contact, so we are not yet able to show the full set of standard emails he uses.

Hello there, I saw your Ads and i am really interested,pls let me know the price if its still available for sale and in good condition?

good day to you,
i am interested in your gti alloy rims and i will like to pay in check so please i nmeed your address where i can send payment to immediately.
regards
mike

sorry for the delay in my response i am still very interested and please tell me your last asking price and i will like to pay through wire transfer.
regards
mike

sorry for the delay in my response i need gauges ready made and i want to pay for them immediately through wire trasfer and also tell me your location london or ireland.
regards
mike

good day to you
sorry for the delay in my response i have been very ill all these while that is why i have not been able to contact you i am still very much interested in your FUEL PUMPS and i want six as i want to use it for my wife's birthday and i want to pay for it immediately and have agreed with your asking price i will prefer to use wire transfer so all you need to do is to provide me with your bank information so that i can send payment to you immediately note that the payment i will send is for 3200pounds , 300pounds will be for the deposit for the fuel pumps which payment will be completed before the end of next week and the remaining 3200pounds will be for my freight agents who will come to collect the fuel pumps as i have to pay them first so when the funds are sent into your account you will send the 3200pounds to the freight agent whose information i will provide and i will tell you how to send it and the remaining 300pounds will be kept by you for the fuel pumps and the payment for the fuel pumps will be completed before the end of next week please i expect your immediate response with the requested informations
regards
mike

good day to you
sorry for the delay in my response i have been very ill all these while that is why i have not been able to contact you i am still very much interested in your car as i want to use it for my wife's birthday and i want to pay for it immediately and have agreed with your asking price i will prefer to use wire transfer so all you need to do is to provide me with your bank information so that i can send payment to you immediately note that the payment i will send is for 5500pounds , 600pounds will be for the deposit for the car which payment will be completed before the end of next week and the remaining 4900pounds will be for my freight agents who will come to collect the car as i have to pay them first so when the funds are sent into your account you will send the 4900pounds to the freight agent whose information i will provide and i will tell you how to send it and the remaining 600pounds will be kept by you for the car and the payment for the car will be completed before the end of next week please i expect your immediate response with the requested informations
regards
mike

*good day to you
sorry for the delay in my response i have been very ill all these while that
is why i have not been able to contact you i am still very much interested
in your car as i want to use it for my wife's birthday and i want to pay for
it immediately and have agreed with your asking price i will prefer to use
wire transfer so all you need to do is to provide me with your bank
information so that i can send payment to you immediately note that the
payment i will send is for 5500pounds , 1000pounds will be for the deposit
for the car which payment will be completed before the end of next week and
the remaining 4500pounds will be for my freight agents who will come to