Has someone offered you a huge sum of money or a valuable consignment? It's a 419 or advance fee fraud - find out how they work, and what to do to be safe.
#240015 by concernedcitizen287 Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:10 pm
BT Prize from Sheikh Abdullah
These guys are trying to scam people in the UK, Spain, USA, Canada and UAE. They claim to represent Sheikh Abdullah from the UAE and BT and they are giving away £50,000 pounds. The process works as follows:

The number they called from was 00 92 331 6849942. The guys claim to be called Rohan Ali and Falak Sher.

The email address they used was [email protected]

- They ring up to tell you that you have been entered into a prize draw because you have been making calls abroad and you are the lucky winner.
- They then provide you with 2 numbers (9 digit code and 10 digit code) that are your winning entry numbers
- Then they send a letter on behalf of Sheikh Abdullah
- Then they send you a letter head from BT titled "The Grand International Prize Draw terms and conditions.
-Then another letter from Sheikh Abdullah
- Then the STING - they ask you to deposit 375GBP into their Western Union account and they will even talk to you on the way to make the deposit. They also ask you not to TELL anyone about your win.

This happened to my wife. I waited for their 5th call of the day and I challenged them over their methods. At this point they got very abusive and tried calling back several times. Each time I picked the phone up they would pretend to be a different member of the Competition team. When they realised I had figured out their scam they abused me verbally and eventually stopped ringing from the day.

Unfortunately that wasn't the end of it. They waited until the next day and called my wife again, asking her to ignore my advice and to convince her that they really have the money waiting for her. She asked them to come clean, but they didn't and hung up the phone.
Advertisement