Has someone offered you a huge sum of money or a valuable consignment? It's a 419 or advance fee fraud - find out how they work, and what to do to be safe.
#257933 by vonpaso xlura Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:09 pm
Maybe by finding your address on a website, maybe by lurking on a mailing list you participate in. Sometimes spammers just guess email addresses, combining parts of different addresses to see if a valid address results. It doesn't matter. Just ignore the scammer.

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10
Advertisement

#258153 by Redishi Sun Jun 28, 2015 12:31 am
I AM A VICTIM OF THIS!
SHIT! I LOST MY TUITION FEE. I AM STILL TRYING TO CONTACTING HIM RIGHT NOW. I'M TOO LATE FOR DISCOVERING THIS SITE. I LOST MY WHOLE YEAR TUITION FEE. DAMN IT! 150,000 SHIT! SOMEBODY HELP ME TO DRAG THIS MAN TO JAIL AND BRING BACK MY MONEY?
#258179 by Mike Wilson Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:17 am
Welcome to Scamwarners Redishi,
I am sorry to hear that you lost money to this criminal and the sad truth is there is very little hope of getting your money back.

Please post the email that asked for the payment to be sent to the bank as this information will be useful to others who may be in contact with this thief. Be sure to remove your personal information before posting the emails.

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon
#258182 by Mike Wilson Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:19 am
The is the current email address of the fake bank used in this scam. [email protected]

It is ALWAYS a scam
If the pet seller or shipper asks for money to be sent via Western Union, Money Gram, any brand of gift card. Walmart To Walmart , Zelle , PayPal friends and family option, or mentions Cameroon
#258550 by Mike Wilson Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:48 pm
New email address for the fake bank [email protected]

The Citizens National Bank
13 Canterbury Road
Brooklyn, CT 06234
United States of America
Phone: +1-765-755-0877. <<< TextPlus VoIP in Springport, IN

Dear John Smith,

PROOF OF YOUR IDENTITY REQUIRED:

We acknowledge receipt of your duly filled deposit claim form and late
Mr. Gilberto Antonio death certificate. Kindly send scan copy of the
below listed ID's or any government approved identifications which is
generally accepted in your country as a valid ID.

* International Passport (Data page)
* Drivers License
* Electoral Commission
* Company or Work ID's
* Voters Card

This is for security and identification reasons, as you must have to be
identified as mandated and stipulated by Law. We await your swift
response for immediate action and we look forward to serving you better.

We appreciate your choice of banking with us.

Your sincerely,
Mrs. Nicole Terrell
Accounts Officer.

It is ALWAYS a scam
#258797 by Mike Wilson Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:45 pm
New email address for the fake bank [email protected]

It is ALWAYS a scam
#259260 by Mike Wilson Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:06 pm
The fake bank is now using a new email address [email protected]
Legitimate banks do not use email addresses on accountant.com .

This email is also attempting to Phish bank account information from the victim.

13 Canterbury Road
Brooklyn, CT 06234
United States of America.

Dear valued customer: ,

WE WILL TRANSFER UPON THE ACTIVATION OF THE ACCOUNT:

We acknowledge the receipt of your identification proof and all verification done successfully. In reference to your application of claim on the fixed deposit account number (0021766388) as made by Mr. Gilberto Antonio, we have approved your application and as recommended by the committee setup in regards of the deposit. The committee has voted to proceed in waiving the fixed deposit to you despite your inability to come to the bank in person. This is because the documents with which you backed your claim are copies of the original documents issued to Mr. Gilberto Antonio in respect to this deposit. More so, you are the only person who have put up claim on this deposit which have laid dormant for over five years.

Henceforth, you are the beneficiary of the fixed deposit account (0021766388) and we shall take all necessary measures to transfer the money to you. This deposit as you are already aware, has been unserviceable for more than four years, hence you will be required to have it activated before the transfer can be made. All dormant accounts regardless of the account type must be activated by depositing at least the minimum sum of US$600. You are hereby required to pay the compulsory activation fee of six hundred US Dollars without which activation/transfer cannot be made.

Taking into account, today's exchange rate, US$600 is equivalent to P26,800. Rather than coming to United States to make this deposit, we will
make arrangement to receive the activation fee through our correspondent agency account in your country, as we do not have any bank branch in Philippines. You also have second option of coming to our branch at, 13 Canterbury Road, Brooklyn, CT-06234 United States for cash payment.

After making the payment, you will be required to scan the deposit slip and have it sent to us through email. Also give us your account details as seen below for us to make the transfer to you:

Account Name:
Account Number:
Bank
Name:
Bank Branch Address:
Swift Code:

Acknowledgment of this important email will be highly appreciated for activation and transfer of your inherited fund. Kindly notify us of your readiness for activation payment to enable us provide you with account details.

Thank you for banking with us, we are committed to excellence.

Your sincerely,
Mrs. Nicole Terrell
Accounts Officer.
****************************************************************************************************************
DISCLAIMER NOTICE: Information contained in this email is confidential & intended for the addresses only. Any dissemination, distribution, copying or use of this communication without prior permission from the address is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient of this communication, please delete it permanently without copying, disclosing or otherwise using its contents, and notify the (TCNB) immediately.
****************************************************************************************************************

It is ALWAYS a scam
#259551 by Mike Wilson Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:24 pm
The final step in this scam is to send the advance payment to an individual account in the Philippines. This account probably belongs to another victim of this scammer.
13 Canterbury Road
Brooklyn, CT 06234

Dear valued customer: Maxwell Dumas,

ACCOUNT DETAILS FOR ACTIVATION PAYMENT:

We acknowledge the receipt of your email dated July 6, 2015. To make the activation fee available to us, you are therefore required to go to any branch of RCBC Bank and deposit the sum of twenty six thousand eight hundred pesos (26,800 PHP) into below correspondent agency account for immediate activation and transfer of your inherited fund.

Name: France Marie B. Cruz
Account No: 90xxxxx760
Bank Name: RCBC
Amount to Deposit: P26,800

After making the payment, you are to scan the deposit slip and have it sent to us through email. Also give us your account details as seen below for us to make the transfer to you:

Account Name:
Account Number:
Bank
Name:
Bank Branch Address:
Swift Code:

We are waiting for the payment slip as well as your account details. Thank you for banking with us, we are committed to excellence.

Your sincerely,
Mrs. Nicole Terrell
Accounts Officer.

It is ALWAYS a scam
#260205 by bibi520 Tue Jul 14, 2015 3:20 pm
i received email same content posted in here..and ask me to pay their compulsory processing fee of 30k..tsk,tsk,tsk
#282697 by SeanSam Tue Jan 26, 2016 8:38 pm
Oh Thank God i found this site!

Recently, I received an email regarding with unclaimed fixed deposit amount from a "so called" Mr. Arthuro Castro Valera who happened to be dead already and the fixed deposit amount of $4,600,000 remained unclaimed for over 5 years. The person who contacted me introduced himself as a branch manager by the name of John McGuire. He is on it's quest to claim the said amount with me as the one who will stand as the beneficiary, since no beneficiary or nominee declared during the deposit. To cut the long story short, I WAS SCAMMED! But luckily,when they tried to ask me about "activation fee", it sounds suspicious to me. I tried to inquire about scam that deals with bank account and i was able to read this thread that saves me from spending huge amount of money. This is the last email they sent to me: Dated today January 26, 2016(as of the making of this post)

__________________________________________________________________________________
Presidential Bank
4520 East-West Highway
Bethesda, Maryland 20814
United States of America

Phone: (703) 910-5586
Fax: (703) 276-145

Dear valued customer: Roy I. Navallo,

We acknowledge the receipt of your identification proof and all verification done successfully. In reference to your application of claim on the fixed deposit account number (0211667985) as made by Mr. Arthuro Castro Valera, we have approved your application and as recommended by the committee setup in regards of the deposit. The committee has voted to proceed in waiving the fixed deposit to you despite your inability to come to the bank in person. This is because the documents with which you backed your claim are copies of the original documents issued to Mr. Arthuro Castro Valera in respect to this deposit. More so, you are the only person who have put up claim on this deposit which have laid dormant for over five years.

Henceforth, you are the beneficiary of the fixed deposit account (0211667985) and we shall take all necessary measures to transfer the money to you. This deposit as you are already aware, has been un serviceable for more than five years, hence you will be required to have it activated before the transfer can be made. All dormant accounts regardless of the account type must be activated by depositing at least the minimum sum of US$600. You are hereby required to pay the compulsory activation fee of six hundred US Dollars without which activation/transfer cannot be made.

Taking into account, today's exchange rate, US$600 is equivalent to P28,100. Rather than coming to United States to make this deposit, we will make arrangement to receive the activation fee through our correspondent agency account in your country, as we do not have any bank branch in Philippines. You also have second option of coming to our branch at, 4520 East-West Highway Bethesda, Maryland 20814 United States for cash payment.

After making the payment, you will be required to scan the deposit slip and have it sent to us through email. Also give us your account details as seen below for us to make the transfer to you.

Account Name:
Account Number:
Bank Name:
Bank Branch Address:
Swift Code:

Acknowledgment of this important email will be highly appreciated for activation and transfer of your inherited fund. Kindly notify us of your readiness for activation payment to enable us provide you with account details.

Your sincerely,
Douglas C. Haskett II
Chief Financial Officer.

.................................................................................................................................................
DISCLAIMER NOTICE: Information contained in this email is confidential & intended for the addresses only..
Any dissemination, distribution, copying or use of this communication without prior permission from the address is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient of this communication, please delete it permanently without copying, disclosing or otherwise using its contents, and notify the (Presidential Bank) immediately.
....................................................................................................................................................

Please beware of this email.
#282700 by Mike Wilson Tue Jan 26, 2016 8:54 pm
Hello SeanSam,
I am glad that you discovered the scam. Is he still using the same email address?

It is ALWAYS a scam
#317544 by MarcoOcram Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:25 am
Mike Wilson wrote:The fake bank is now using a new email address [email protected]
Legitimate banks do not use email addresses on accountant.com .

This email is also attempting to Phish bank account information from the victim.

13 Canterbury Road
Brooklyn, CT 06234

Dear valued customer: ,

We acknowledge the receipt of your identification proof and all verification done successfully. In reference to your application of claim on the fixed deposit account number (0021766388) as made by Mr. Gilberto Antonio, we have approved your application and as recommended by the committee setup in regards of the deposit. The committee has voted to proceed in waiving the fixed deposit to you despite your inability to come to the bank in person. This is because the documents with which you backed your claim are copies of the original documents issued to Mr. Gilberto Antonio in respect to this deposit. More so, you are the only person who have put up claim on this deposit which have laid dormant for over five years.

Henceforth, you are the beneficiary of the fixed deposit account (0021766388) and we shall take all necessary measures to transfer the money to you. This deposit as you are already aware, has been unserviceable for more than four years, hence you will be required to have it activated before the transfer can be made. All dormant accounts regardless of the account type must be activated by depositing at least the minimum sum of US$600. You are hereby required to pay the compulsory activation fee of six hundred US Dollars without which activation/transfer cannot be made.

Taking into account, today's exchange rate, US$600 is equivalent to P26,800. Rather than coming to United States to make this deposit, we will
make arrangement to receive the activation fee through our correspondent agency account in your country, as we do not have any bank branch in Philippines. You also have second option of coming to our branch at, 13 Canterbury Road, Brooklyn, CT-06234 United States for cash payment.

After making the payment, you will be required to scan the deposit slip and have it sent to us through email. Also give us your account details as seen below for us to make the transfer to you:

Account Name:
Account Number:
Bank
Name:
Bank Branch Address:
Swift Code:

Your sincerely,
Mrs. Nicole Terrell
Accounts Officer.
DISCLAIMER NOTICE: Information contained in this email is confidential & intended for the addresses only. Any dissemination, distribution, copying or use of this communication without prior permission from the address is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient of this communication, please delete it permanently without copying, disclosing or otherwise using its contents, and notify the (TCNB) immediately.

[email protected]
This the newest account of the scammer
#318298 by camille dancel Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:56 am
Mike Wilson wrote:Hello SeanSam,
I am glad that you discovered the scam. Is he still using the same email address?

they send me an email like that.. they used different emai thank god i did not believe this thats why ill make any research to know this issue take care of this
#321513 by nattydreads Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:42 am
Thank God i found this site! I was already planning to send money to a certain John J. McGuire. I have been having the gut feeling that something was wrong. So i searched for his name via Google. I was a bit bothered because this site was linked to the aforementioned name.
#321883 by napadaanlng Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:39 am
i also received a text message saying to email him here - <[email protected]>

I'm from the philippines, he used a philippine number too he sent it to me this March 11, 2017 at around 3:33AM.

Mr. John J. McGuire
[email protected]
+639223123771 :arrow: He used Philippine number

I contacted him in email but thankfully i found this site.