Has someone offered you a huge sum of money or a valuable consignment? It's a 419 or advance fee fraud - find out how they work, and what to do to be safe.
#257002 by coyote33 Fri Jun 19, 2015 3:12 pm
I want to share this 419 scam request I received through Google Calendar. The phone number listed in this message traces back to Benin, Africa. I am 100% certain that this scammer is the same as the one who contacted me through LinkedIn with a fake profile which I researched through the posted image and discovered was used to in several other profiles in the U.S. and Europe. Google Images is a great source for tracing profile photos. These scammers are targeting us through in multi-faceted ways on the web. Here's the crazy message below.

Calendar
[email protected]
Description
Greetings Dear Beneficiary,

Am very sorry for taken too much of your time at this moment but please try to understand and bear with me as you go through this urgent message, anyway my name is Mr.Mark Steve i have tried to reaching you on mail all this while, but you fail to respond back to me, please be aware that your matter came to my desk which were dated since on the 18-6-2015, with the total funds of $950,000 United State Dollars. Honestly speaking you are very lucky because you are going to receive your Transfer payments after responding to our mail, all this while your transfer has been stop because it was under investigation of money laundry by the Ministry of Finance and National Orientation so that was the reason your name were among those who were blacklisted, but now we have settle your problem and removed your name from the blacklist, so your funds is free for transfer over to you now.

Once again, Please do forgive me for taking much of your time for going through this mail which you will conclude by saying that it is just a common thing to you every-day if am not mistaken, we knew that at least you have encounters numbers of similar mails like this before, but please do not mistake that everybody who reach you are all The same or either a fraudster as well.Yes, I agree with you that you have every right to decide not to make any up-front payment if even we do ask for fees/charges from you because of your past experiences you had in the pass through all this time, but I want to assure you that we are doing our very best to make sure that we get those people arrested that are spoiling the image of our company or who claim to be our staffs by using different name's to foreigners like you, we assure you that they will surely get arrested as soon as we have full information's of their were-about.

But the only thing you have to do now to receive your funds is as easy and simple if only you urge to follow my advise, as a respectable and honest Man, we normally gives 100% risk-free to all our customers with a limited payment, due to the Xmas that is coming up very soon, I have the right to penetrate any office's whenever our customer's find difficulties. Please take note of this and see the differences because you will surely testify to your friends, families, partners who had been mocking you all this while, Note: You are not require to send any money once you paid the (A.R.O) Authorization Release Order Certificate, which will reflect in any Money-Gram Office in your country, stating that you are not a victim or you are not a party of money laundry, the (A.R.O) Authorization Release Order Certificate is needed to obtain to avoid any problem again and you will start receiving your three transfer payments within sun hrs. Also reconfirm your information to them below :

YOUR NAME--------------
YOUR ADDRESS-----------
YOUR PHONE-------------
OCCUPATION-------------

Mr.Mark Steve
E-mail:([email protected])
Telephone number: +229-986-573-26

Yours Faithfully.
Mr Adam Wale
Board of Directors
Department Association
Advertisement

#262650 by Alc1994 Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:26 pm
I just received almost the same message just now! I am not worried about the message snd I definitely won't look into it, I am just worried about how he got access to my calendar. :evil: :evil: :x