Has someone offered you a huge sum of money or a valuable consignment? It's a 419 or advance fee fraud - find out how they work, and what to do to be safe.
#269847 by lagataflora Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:37 am
Hey there! I've been reading some of the postings and I believe they are all the same.
I didnt (or dont) trust this email (I will copy full conversation below), but as I dont I asked this person to have a skype conversation where I could see his face so I could investigate or whatever. And he agreed. I just skyped with him where he sort of explained. Still, as he said that If i didn't want to I didn't have to travel to togo.... I wouldn't need to travel but paperwork would cost money and stuff I still don't trust.
I am just thinking: what if I answer now that I can travel next week if he wants me to, to see what he answers??

Here is the full conversation:

Larry Johnson ([email protected]) Agregar a contactos 28/09/2015
Para: [email protected]

Good day (LASTNAME),

Please, i Want to introduce my self on this business opportunity to
you My name is Larry Johnson, A Fiduciary bank Attorney At Law. i wish
to know if we can work together.

I Would like you to stand as the surviving beneficiary to my deceased
client (Engineer XXX) Who made some deposit of (US$14
Million) He died without leaving any WILL and any registered next of
kin and as such the funds now have open beneficiary mandate.

Kindly get in touch with me through with your information For more
guild lines to the repartition of this fund.

FULL NAME:
CONTACT EMAIL:
CONTACT PHONE NUMBER:
HOME ADDRESS:
May His Fragile Soul Rest In Perfect Peace Amen!!!

Regards,
Larry Johnson Esq.

my answer:
Hello larry!
Im not sure about what you are saying. I don't have an a. Podgornik relative as far as i know then how could it be posible for me to be a beneficiary?

his answer:
Dear xx,

Greetings to you and your family and thank you for your response. First, I request that you go through the details below for a better understanding of this transaction.

I want you to understand I did not contact you by mistake, but because you bear the same last name with my late client. I have searched and made inquiries with an intent to locate any of my late clients extended relatives whom shall be claimants/beneficiaries of his deposited fund and all such efforts have been to no avail.

More so, I have received official letters in the last few weeks suggesting a likely proceeding for confiscation of his deposited fund in line with existing laws by the bank in which my client deposited the sum. On this note I decided to search for a credible person and finding that you bear the same last name, I was urged to contact you, that I may, with your consent, present you to the bank as my late client's surviving family member so as to enable you put up a claim to the bank in that capacity as a next of kin of my client.

My mail to you was written as a matter of last resort because of the circumstances surrounding this claim. He died along side with his wife and their only daughter. Late Mr. XX, may be related to you or not, but since you bear the same last name, you can apply to the bank for the release and transfer of the deposited fund with my support.

Late Mr. XX lived most of his years here in my country Togo. I served as his private attorney for the last six years preceding his death and I had known the family a little while before then.
Mr. XX migrated to the African continent a long time ago as an orphan during the war. I never knew his father who died a long time ago. I contacted you because after the death of my client, I was informed by the Bank to search for any member of his extended family to put up a claim, or who could be so represented as managers or trustees for his deposited funds with them, due to the fact that he died with his immediate family members.

Late Mr. XX started as a civil mine engineer and also he started trading on palm oil and from that humble beginning, he grew his business into a successful profitable venture.

After preliminary efforts of search which came to no avail, I was given an ultimatum at the beginning of the new year to look for some one to come for the claim or have the funds liquidated and made unserviceable in accordance with existing laws because it will be assumed that no member of his family is alive.

However, it might interest you to know that, after a thorough investigation in the Bank, I found out that some members of the company are currently planning to divert this fund in their selfish interest and only want to use the excuse that since I am not able to look for someone to make the claim, the money should be made unserviceable and that means reverting the fund to the Government while the company retains a percentage of it.

After their plans and professional consideration on my part, I decided to look for some one credible, with the same last name with my late client, to apply for this claim due to the fact that I have at my possession some legal documents which are very important and which might be requested by them and they can only be provided by me since they have been with me.

I hope you understand the siruation. I am looking forward to your response.

Regards

Larry Johnson (Esq)

my answer: If you want to continúe with anything or will ask for further information (which you probably will) i would like to have a skype conversation where i can see you and then search a bit about you.
Im sorry, i dont know if this is common in your country or not but i rather be safe than sorry.

he answer back: I understand your fears and I know there are lots of spam emails and stuff due to this is the Internet. I have attached my lawyer license certificate for you as proof. I would like to chat on skype with you, but I don't know if it will work. But we can try all the same. What is your skype?

I look forward to your response.

Larry Johnson (Esq)

and after this we had the skype conversation. he is asking me for a photocopy of my passport now. What do you think?
Advertisement

#269850 by Yashiro Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:06 am
What do you think yourself of this? This is the most common road to messing your life up. No matter what he claims he can do, he sent the same email to thousands of people and you just happen to be one of the potential victims. Never, and i mean NEVER trust any emails of this sort, promising you money if you give your information out, these people are committing identity theft and will surely cause you problems in the future if you give any information to them.

So my advise would be to cease any further communication with them and mark the email as SPAM.
#269854 by vonpaso xlura Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:41 am
This is a standard next-of-kin scam. The person who died does not exist. The scammer filled your last name in a script which had the dead person's first name and produced a name of a nonexistent person.
Late Mr. XX, may be related to you or not, but since you bear the same last name, you can apply to the bank for the release and transfer of the deposited fund with my support.

Inheritance does not work this way.

Stop all contact with the scammer and don't tell him why.

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10
#276199 by Danchandamian Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:58 pm
Hello xxxxxxxxxxx
I am Barrister Bill Wilson a solicitor at law. I am the personal attorney&sole executor to your late uncle, Please read carefully as I am going to explain in details why I mailed you, I have since carried out a search on his actual extended family ties and which efforts have been to no avail and hence my contacting you.I had contacted you to solicit your honest assistance in profiling funds belonging to my late client who happens to be your relative. I want you to consider the details so you could understand the fuller reasons I need your co-operation

My mail to you was written as a matter of last resort because of the circumstances surrounding this claim right now. (Mr.Richard Anderson) was an oil merchant and he had oil dealings around Europe and Africa. He died at 54 along side his wife, Barbra, 46, and their only daughter, Katharine, 11. They were Christians.He lived most of his years here in the U.K but traveled often. I served as his private attorney for the last eleven years preceding his death, I contacted you because after the death of my late client, I was informed by the finance company to search for any member of his extended family to put up a claim, or who could be so represented as managers or trustees for his deposited funds of Nine Million,Eight Hundred Thousand Great British Pounds Sterling only(£9.8million) with them which stands due to the fact that he died with his immediate family members.After preliminary efforts of search that came to no avail, I was given an ultimatum to look for some one to come for the claim or have the funds liquidated and made unserviceable in accordance with existing laws because it will be assumed that no member of his family is alive.

However, it might interest you to know that, after a thorough investigation in the finance Bank, I found out that some members of the company are currently planning to divert this fund in their selfish interest and only want to use the excuse that since I am not able to look for some one to make the claim, the money should be made unserviceable and that means reverting the fund to the Government while the company retains a percentage of it. After unraveling their plans and professional consideration on my part, I decided to look for some one credible, with the same last name with my late client, to apply for this claim due to the fact that I have at my possession all the legal documents which are very important and which might be requested by them and which, can only be provided by my chambers since they have since been with me.If my instruction are followed accordingly we can transfer this funds to you in 5-6 working days.

I feel and know that you will be able to make this claim SUCCESSFULLY because of your last name which is the same as that of my late client's and as a result of this I do not want the company to be aware that I contacted you first in order to prevent them from going into much investigations on whom you actually are and that can put the success of this transaction on the line. I want you to be rest assured that this is legal with no risk involved, since all the legal documents that give you the right to make claim this Nine Million,Eight Hundred Thousand Great British Pounds Sterling only(£9.8million) is available with me.

This is a deal I am offering you and I want you to know that it requires only a mature mind to understand all I am saying and I believe you are mature enough which is the reason I am going further. I am taking my time to explain all these to you now because I want you to see the reasons why my name should never be mentioned any time you are discussing with the members of the CITI BANK and why this transaction has to be kept really confidential in order for us to be able to achieve our goals neatly.

Note that there is a legal reason for the confidentiality of this transaction because of the nature of the transactions and the circumstances surrounding it. I stand a better part of the risk because if at any point, and for any reason, this Finance House becomes aware of my prior contact with you, then I could be held for being in breach of a standard code of conduct which borders on a breach of lawyer/client relationship among others and for this reason, I will appreciate if you are very sure you can assist with this and execute this with the required diligence.

NOTE that if they request to know how you came to know that your family member had such an amount of funds with them and who contacted you, which I am not sure they will ask, but in order to be on the safer side, if you are asked, be confident to tell them that the extended family discovered some documents in his archives showing that (Mr. Richard Anderson)lodged such funds with them and that is why you have been sent by the paternal family to contact the bank. Anyway, further deliberations will be held on this as we proceed.I want you to know that I have these documents to show to you as proof but I cannot release them for your perusal now for security reasons until I have attained your confidence. I will provide you with any information you need as we proceed. I want you to be rest assured as this is going to be done in line with the law avoiding anything illegal. I would be protecting you 100% all the way through this transaction.

Please bear in mind that you have to be really sure if you are going ahead or not for I do not want to jeopardize the success of this transaction which means so much to me at the moment. I will wait for your response and please do not forget about the discreet nature of this transaction. I will advice you give me a call on +15416443210 my private and confidential numbers

Take note of the mode of sharing after a second thought, 50% for me 50% for you If you have gone through this mail and you feel it is well understood, please get back to me telling me if you are willing to go ahead or not so that I can give you the contact of this finance Bank where this fund is lodged and then inform you too of how to proceed with the document to claim the funds.
Best Regards
Barr Bill Wilson

Thanks to this site I avoided something that I would regret I am posting this to tell everyone to be careful
Last edited by Bryon Williams on Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Removed personal information.