Has someone offered you a huge sum of money or a valuable consignment? It's a 419 or advance fee fraud - find out how they work, and what to do to be safe.
#369456 by Michelle Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:35 am
Anthony Botha
<[email protected]> wrote:
Good day,

My name is Anthony Botha. We are unfamiliar with each other but it takes a day for people to know. I saw your profile on LinkedIn and there is something important I would like to share with you. I will like to propose a legitimate business to you and please take this serious. I am proposing a deal that will make us richer and you are very important to this deal as you will find out.

I am a senior accountant with my bank here in South Africa. I have worked with the bank for more than 17 years now and I was the personal accountant to one Engineer, a foreign contractor and you both share exactly the same surname. He has an investment account with my bank.

Unfortunately, my client died along with his nuclear family in France while on sabbatical in the summer of 2007, may their soul rest in peace. He died without leaving a Will. Several efforts were made to find his extended family through your embassy without success.

I received a notice last week to provide the next of kin been his accountant of the account OR risk the account been transferred to the government (es-cheat) in 21 days time. I am contacting on you to assist me in repatriating the funds left behind by my late client since you both share the same last name.

This claim will be executed without breaching any South Africa laws and success is guaranteed if we cooperate on this. The bank will release the account to you because of your last name and my recommendation of you as the next of kin.

I am a very honest person and I cannot lie; I expect the same from you. The amount involve is US$10, 500, 000.00. I propose we share the proceeds 50:50, I think this is fair. I will give you all the necessary information about the deal when I get your response.

I anticipate your cooperation. Treat this proposal with utmost confidentiality and urgency for a 100% success.

If you are not interested please delete this mail.

Regards,
Anthony Botha.

Hi
I am now sending you the text of application format for you to contact the bank for the fund release. I would play my part here when your application is referred to me; that is, approving you as the Next of Kin to the account of John Dill.

Attached is the text of application for you to contact my bank immediately for the rightful claim of fund. Do not discuss or mention about me in your mail or application, as this might affect this transaction immensely and result to me losing my job. It is against my bank policy for me to give you such classified information; I hope you understand.

We have to do things precisely and wisely to aid the success of this deal; avoiding any sort of long term consequences. I am of high integrity if you get to know me as my friends here already do; I would not spoil my good name or anybody's name I am associated with for anything. I have planned this deal well for more than a year now so I am very positive that I know what I am doing and I request that you have faith in me to make this come true. Contact the General Ledger Department of my bank at the e-mail address stated below; inform them of your application for speedy release of funds to you. Contact GLD with completed application via email. The email address is: [email protected]

Download and fill the blank spaces in the text of application format (as attached); then send the completed soft copy as email to the general ledger department via e-mail (OR) print, fill/signed text of application then send to same.

The fund will be legally yours when process is completed then this certificate (Proof of Fund) will serve us a great purpose, ensuring easy and secure transfer. This certificate will be verified on a bank to bank basis serving as source, proof and origin of funds, also further serving as anti-terrorism and anti-laundry legal approvals. My bank will provide you with this certificate when you request for it but do not make this request now. I will tell you when to request for this certificate and enlighten you on how it is used. Feel free to ask me any question. Funds should get to us on or before Friday next week.

Remember, time is of essence now because the es-cheat date is getting closer and closer by the day. Act swiftly and always give me updates. This transaction is very legitimate so I need your full co-operation and most importantly confidentiality.

Regards,
Anthony.

Advertisement