Has someone offered you a huge sum of money or a valuable consignment? It's a 419 or advance fee fraud - find out how they work, and what to do to be safe.
#337553 by AlanJones Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:41 am
This mail was sent through traditional post to a victim.

Email address: [email protected]
Tel. Nos.: +447544203835 & +442035535720

Drysdale Building.
Northampton Square.
London
EC1V OHB
ENGLAND

Dear XXX

Kindly accept my sincere apologies for my mode of contacting you out of the blues like this but something very urgent and important has come to our notice and we believe it is important we seek your consent for the mutual interest of all.

I am Mike Ellwood, Corporate & IT Director Santander Bank PLC and personal funds manager to late Mr XXX a Japanese national. He died recently along with his wife and only son while holidaying in Burma and was flown back to England for burial. In our last auditing, we discovered a dormant account of his with GB£38,886 000 00 (Thirty Eight Million Eight Hundred and Eighty-Six Thousand British Pounds Sterling) in his name.

During our investigations we discovered he nominated his son as his next of kin. All efforts to trace his other relations have proved impossible. The Japanese Embassy UK couldn't trace any of the deceased relations. The account has been dormant for a long time since his death. Therefore we decided to contact you, to seek your consent to enable us nominate you as the next of kin to the deceased and transfer the funds to you as the designated next of kin to the deceased.

With the consent of our late client's solicitors. they shall confirm you as the next of kin; sole beneficiary to the deposit/funds to authorise funds transfer to you. After transfer of funds to your favour, you shall retain 60%, and 38% ours, 2% set aside for expenses both parties might incur (if any) during or after the transaction.

We have all the relevant details about the deceased, which shall enable us claim the fund successfully. Your posrtive response will be highly appreciated to enable us favour you with a draft application/account details of the deceased for submission to Santander Bank PLC to authenticate the claim to the deceased's estate.

I will not fail to assure you of the sincerity of purpose as this does not burden around conscience. By virtue of my profession, let me take this opportunity to inform you that there is no risk involved as I have my integrity, personality and family to protect.

Remember to always keep this information Confidential.

Should this business transaction be of interest to you and you would like to request a copy of draft application to proceed, please contact me via Email: [email protected] Or Direct Tel No: +44 7544 203 835 Or Fax No: +44 2035 535 720.

Please also contact me if you object to this proposal.

Yours Truly,

Mike Ellwood
Corporate & IT Director Santander Bank PLC

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
Advertisement

#373660 by OrdinaryScamBait Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:03 am
Yesterday, I received a letter with this exact wording except for the contact name and email.

I do not know if I should give that name here.

Is this something that I should contact the FBI with - or is it not sufficiently fraudulent at this point.

It strikes me as odd that they are using the same phone numbers and email account as reported by the previous victim over a year ago. Why did Law Enforcement fail to put them out of business after the last time?

Perhaps this scam is actually run by a rogue Law Enforcement group to entrap people into filing a false claim - which makes me wonder how that unit chooses its targets.
#373661 by AlanJones Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:46 am
OrdinaryScamBait wrote:I do not know if I should give that name here.

Please do, that is the whole idea of the site - to publicise names, etc that these scammers are using

OrdinaryScamBait wrote:Is this something that I should contact the FBI with - or is it not sufficiently fraudulent at this point.

They won't be interested, you've not lost any money.

OrdinaryScamBait wrote:It strikes me as odd that they are using the same phone numbers and email account as reported by the previous victim over a year ago.

Not odd at all, I've seen email addresses and phone numbers repeatedly used for 5 years or more. If no one tells the scammer they're listed here then the majority of the time they don't bother searching to see.

OrdinaryScamBait wrote:Why did Law Enforcement fail to put them out of business after the last time?

Because they are using fake names and VoIP numbers and could be anywhere in the world

OrdinaryScamBait wrote:Perhaps this scam is actually run by a rogue Law Enforcement group to entrap people into filing a false claim - which makes me wonder how that unit chooses its targets.

:roll: You've been reading too many conspiracy theories.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.