Has someone offered you a huge sum of money or a valuable consignment? It's a 419 or advance fee fraud - find out how they work, and what to do to be safe.
#337897 by Ângelo Dias Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:55 am
Hello everyone!

Here's the new scammer, "Captain Wifred Vernon", wanting to give me 20% of his 8.2 million dollar Middle East money!!

I received this e-mail after posting an add of a house for sale.

I replied, saying I want in on his deal, to see how his method works, I'll keep it posted here!

"Hello dear,

Thanks for the response on your property I wish to let you know that i am Sincerely interested in your property and I'm Certainly taking this property on your prize and I'm hoping as well that we can work together on a better and higher platform considering my relocation to your country, I actually wanna trust you. I'm a war veteran with the NATO troops in Afghanistan, on war against terrorism. I served in the 1st Armored Division in Baghdad Iraq and now serving in Afghanistan.

I will need this property for my private purposes as i will be relocating to your Country , Due to the United States legislative and executive decision for withdrawing troops from Afghanistan this year, I have been deployed to come and serve in one of the US Military Base in your country. this is why i contacted you so that we can put head together towards my plan to invest in your Country. As a result of this, it will be important for me to reveal to you that I have in my possession the sum of €8.2 million. which i got during our raid on terrorism in Kabul Afghanistan. and as soon as I hear from you of your reassurance to assist me then I will communicate for the delivery with the help of a red cross cargo jet.

I have this money stored somewhere very safe in our camp in Kabul Afghanistan waiting for a moment like this to put the money in good use and now I want the box moved without delay. I have a very profitable investment plans on hand. I cannot move this money to the United states because I will be in your Country for about 5 years, so I need someone I could trust. If you accept, I will transfer the money to your Country where you will be the beneficiary because I am currently settling some scores with the pentagon so I cannot be parading such an amount so I need to present someone as the beneficiary.. I am an American and an intelligence officer for that so I have a 100% authentic means of transferring the money through diplomatic courier service. I just need your acceptance and all is done.

Please if you are interested in this transaction I will give to you the complete details you need for us to carry out this transaction successfully. I decided to find someone that is real and not imaginary and that is why I went to a secured site where I can be sure that the person is real. I believe I can trust you. Right now i am very careful with the way i communicate so as to avoid any kind of risk until this money is finally in your custody. i shall be communicating to you through email and would also give you a call when it is necessary so as to inform you on any important information. I want you to be brave as i have everything under control. I have every proof of this fund in my possession to show you that everything is authentic.

If you are not interested do not reply to this email and please delete this message, if no response after 3days I will then search for someone else. I am doing this on trust,so i would want you to put aside any act of greed or the thought of cheating as we have a lot to gain in this business relationship. €8.2 million is a lot of money which is the dream of anyone. I am in Afghanistan right now and need to secure this money and send it to you if we reach a proper agreement. I am writing you from a fresh private email address, please delete this message if you are not interested in working with me.

I wait for your contact details so we can go on. In less than 5 days the fund should have been delivered to you and I will come over for my money. I will give to you 20% of the sum and 80% is for me. I hope I am been fair on this deal.

Regards,

Captain Wilfred Vernon"
Last edited by Bryon Williams on Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Added quotation.
Advertisement

#337903 by Ângelo Dias Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:01 pm
[email protected]

This keeps going!!

I rolled with it and this is what he replied, even attaching 3 pictures of him, including passport!

Amazing!! I really hope nobody falls for this!

One thing I don't understand is to why he asks for me to remove my add from the website...

"Hello Dear!

Thanks for your answer, we have destiny with us. Honestly I feel much more relaxed now in doing this deal with you, and I want to assure you with the life of my family that you will never regret doing this business with me. I am a widower with two kids and I love my family too much, so I can not involve myself with anything that will put my family into trouble. I therefore give you my honest and complete words of assurance that this business is completely legal. 100% legitimate and risk free. I sincerely need your assistance for my arrival in your Country in a short period from now. .

My box containing 8.2 million Euro. Which I got during our raid on terrorists and needs to be taking out of here as soon as possible because based on the United States legislative and executive decision for withdrawing troops from here, I have been deployed to come and serve in one of the US Military Base in your country. I need you to assist me that is why I contacted you.

My full name is Wilfred Joe Vernon. I am from Maryland in United State of America (detailed address in my ID and phone number +1-516-708-6491, which is not reachable at the moment because of my location) a nanny and my two kid daughters live right now. After I lost my wife to Cancer and I went back to Iraq and then Afghanistan; My relocation to Afghanistan and the time frame to secure this fund from out of the war region of Kabul to a capable safe hand that will understand the capacity of such huge fund is the reason why I contacted you.

First, let me make you understand my power in affecting the transfer of this consignment (funds). I am in command of my unit in USA Marine base in Kabul, Afghanistan, I give orders, and I am a marine and you know the respect and honor we control. I do not need to give you any further info. I believe you have the mind to understand on this clue.

I will be doing myself a great favor to explain in simple terms how this deal is going to be, I have arranged everything in a way that you will have your own share of the funds and you will keep my share for me until I arrive your country. Now I want you to know that often a Red Cross relief jet flies to Europe from here to go collect relief from donors in Europe. I have two of my men as security to the airplane, I will contact the diplomat whom i have some of my men on guard in his premises to seal up the consignment which is with the red cross security company to transfer to the beneficiary in Europe.

I want you to know that diplomats run a DIPLOMATIC COURIER SERVICE. This service is meant for transferring hard documents and precious stones, and it is called consignment. This consignment will be registered under their service and will be carried with their diplomatic immunity to any country where they have diplomatic grounds and from there he will deliver to you as my beneficiary of the consignment because he maintain diplomatic immunity in Europe without search from any security agency.

Be informed that under the DIPLOMATIC IMMUNITIES AND PRIVILEGES ACT, Any licensed diplomat is immune from search, arrest be it for criminal or civil prosecution, this immunity extends to his person, luggage's, house, property, and even his domestic servants. This is why I will send the money through diplomatic luggage and no security agent will search it until you receive it. We Americans call it DIPLOMATIC POUCH.

In this case, the deal will go like this. Once I register the consignment in your name, the diplomat will then pick it up from the diplomat office after it arrived Europe as a diplomatic consignment in a diplomatic box the diplomat will pick up the consignment from the airplane and then deliver it to you in. The airplane that will be used in this deal is the Red Cross Jet which equally has its own immunity because of the nature of its work. Wherever it lands in Europe the diplomat will now go and claim the consignment and then have an appointment with you to deliver it to you in your Address.

Please I want you to assure me that you will never disappoint me in this offer so that I will present you as the genuine beneficiary of the funds. please I advise you to show better commitment in this deal. Always check and reply me whenever I send a message to you. Please note that it will take two days after the registration of the consignment in your name for you to receive it in your address so everything will be concluded without delay.

I advise you to keep this deal very secret if you really want to help me kindly remove the property from the advert list because I must buy it. I will conclude with the Red Cross and the Diplomat will finalize all the arrangement and I will inform you on what to do. Provide me with any form of your identity and full information:

1. Full names
2. Your private phone
3. Your address for the delivery.
4. Scanned copy of your Identification(ID)

I plead that you remain confidential as I don't want any other party involved in this deal as I do not want anything to happen to this fund. I send to you on attachment a copy of my ID and my pictures for you to know me better and I assure you that you will never ever regret this deal. Please keep all information completely confidential.

I am waiting for your answer quickly. Thank you for your understanding and God bless.

Regards,

Captain Wilfred Vernon"
Last edited by Bryon Williams on Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Added quotations and removed info educating scammers.
#337907 by AlanJones Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:43 pm
Ângelo Dias wrote:One thing I don't understand is to why he asks for me to remove my add from the website...

He wants to make sure that another scammer doesn't get hold of you or you don't meet a real partner there.

The best thing for you to do now is block him and don't respond any further. Don't accuse him or make excuses, just disappear and leave him wondering what went wrong.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#401175 by Lista Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:09 am
Same method( I was selling a property), same words, but different name:
Unfortunatly I sent him my ID when he showed me his military passport.
Hello

Thanks and I appreciate your response, I'm Kelly Nelson from USA but currently in Kabul, Afghanistan. I prefer email communication due to the nature of my job.

Meanwhile i am interested in your property due to my relocating to your country please i would have loved to visibly inspect the property but my present location ( Kabul, Afghanistan ) and nature of my job will not allow me to do so, please kindly bear with me.

From the looks and description of the property, I am satisfied with it.

what is your final price ?

Regards
Capt. Kelly Nelson
Hello dear,

Thanks for the response on your property I wish to let you know that i am Sincerely interested in your property and I'm Certainly taking this property on your prize and I'm hoping as well that we can work together on a better and higher platform considering my relocation to your country, I actually wanna trust you. I'm a war veteran with the NATO troops in Afghanistan, on war against terrorism. I served in the 1st Armored Division in Baghdad Iraq and now serving in Afghanistan.

I will need this property for my private purposes as i will be relocating to your Country , Due to the United States legislative and executive decision for withdrawing troops from Afghanistan this year, I have been deployed to come and serve in one of the US Military Base in your country. this is why i contacted you so that we can put head together towards my plan to invest in your Country. As a result of this, it will be important for me to reveal to you that I have in my possession the sum of €4.250,000 million. which i got during our raid on terrorism in Kabul Afghanistan. and as soon as I hear from you of your reassurance to assist me then I will communicate for the delivery with the help of a red cross cargo jet.

I have this money stored somewhere very safe in our camp in Kabul Afghanistan waiting for a moment like this to put the money in good use and now I want the box moved without delay. I have a very profitable investment plans on hand. I cannot move this money to the United states because I will be in your Country for about 5 years, so I need someone I could trust. If you accept, I will transfer the money to your Country where you will be the beneficiary because I am currently settling some scores with the pentagon so I cannot be parading such an amount so I need to present someone as the beneficiary.. I am an American and an intelligence officer for that so I have a 100% authentic means of transferring the money through diplomatic courier service. I just need your acceptance and all is done.

Please if you are interested in this transaction I will give to you the complete details you need for us to carry out this transaction successfully. I decided to find someone that is real and not imaginary and that is why I went to a secured site where I can be sure that the person is real. I believe I can trust you. Right now i am very careful with the way i communicate so as to avoid any kind of risk until this money is finally in your custody. i shall be communicating to you through email and would also give you a call when it is necessary so as to inform you on any important information. I want you to be brave as i have everything under control. I have every proof of this fund in my possession to show you that everything is authentic.

If you are not interested do not reply to this email and please delete this message, if no response after 3days I will then search for someone else. I am doing this on trust,so i would want you to put aside any act of greed or the thought of cheating as we have a lot to gain in this business relationship. €4.250,000 million is a lot of money which is the dream of anyone. I am in Afghanistan right now and need to secure this money and send it to you if we reach a proper agreement. I am writing you from a fresh private email address, please delete this message if you are not interested in working with me.

I wait for your contact details so we can go on. In less than 5 days the fund should have been delivered to you and I will come over for my money. I will give to you 20% of the sum and 80% is for me. I hope I am been fair on this deal.

Regards,

Capt. Kelly Nelson
I know we have not met before...i took a bold step in trusting and believe you won't disappoint me...My money is legal so government or anyone can't do anything okay? the box contains my business money. I did an oil business here with my colleagues and i got my own percentage before having the injury that made me to be in hospital now. I have no where to safe the box because here is not safe. I can't transfer to my account because im on a mission and is not allowed that's why i want to send it through a diplomat who can help me deliver it to you safely because the man have an immunity to deliver any consignment put under him. Please i need you to help me receive and keep it safe...I took a bold step in trusting you and hope you don't disappoint me .
Hello Dear!

Thanks for your answer, we have destiny with us. Honestly I feel much more relaxed now in doing this deal with you, and I want to assure you with the life of my family that you will never regret doing this business with me. I am a widower with two kids and I love my family too much, so I can not involve myself with anything that will put my family into trouble. I therefore give you my honest and complete words of assurance that this business is completely legal. 100% legitimate and risk free. I sincerely need your assistance for my arrival in your Country in a short period from now. .

My box containing €4.250,000 million Euro. Which I got during our raid on terrorists and needs to be taking out of here as soon as possible because based on the United States legislative and executive decision for withdrawing troops from here, I have been deployed to come and serve in one of the US Military Base in your country. I need you to assist me that is why I contacted you.

My full name is Kelly Nelson. I am from Maryland in United State of America (detailed address in my ID and phone number +1-516-708-6491, which is not reachable at the moment because of my location) a nanny and my two kid daughters live right now. After I lost my wife to Cancer and I went back to Iraq and then Afghanistan; My relocation to Afghanistan and the time frame to secure this fund from out of the war region of Kabul to a capable safe hand that will understand the capacity of such huge fund is the reason why I contacted you.

First, let me make you understand my power in affecting the transfer of this consignment (funds). I am in command of my unit in USA Marine base in Kabul, Afghanistan, I give orders, and I am a marine and you know the respect and honor we control. I do not need to give you any further info. I believe you have the mind to understand on this clue.

I will be doing myself a great favor to explain in simple terms how this deal is going to be, I have arranged everything in a way that you will have your own share of the funds and you will keep my share for me until I arrive your country. Now I want you to know that often a Red Cross relief jet flies to Europe from here to go collect relief from donors in Europe. I have two of my men as security to the airplane, I will contact the diplomat whom i have some of my men on guard in his premises to seal up the consignment which is with the red cross security company to transfer to the beneficiary in Europe.

I want you to know that diplomats run a DIPLOMATIC COURIER SERVICE. This service is meant for transferring hard documents and precious stones, and it is called consignment. This consignment will be registered under their service and will be carried with their diplomatic immunity to any country where they have diplomatic grounds and from there he will deliver to you as my beneficiary of the consignment because he maintain diplomatic immunity in Europe without search from any security agency.

Be informed that under the DIPLOMATIC IMMUNITIES AND PRIVILEGES ACT, Any licensed diplomat is immune from search, arrest be it for criminal or civil prosecution, this immunity extends to his person, luggage's, house, property, and even his domestic servants. This is why I will send the money through diplomatic luggage and no security agent will search it until you receive it. We Americans call it DIPLOMATIC POUCH.

In this case, the deal will go like this. Once I register the consignment in your name, the diplomat will then pick it up from the diplomat office after it arrived Europe as a diplomatic consignment in a diplomatic box the diplomat will pick up the consignment from the airplane and then deliver it to you in. The airplane that will be used in this deal is the Red Cross Jet which equally has its own immunity because of the nature of its work. Wherever it lands in Europe the diplomat will now go and claim the consignment and then have an appointment with you to deliver it to you in your Address.

Please I want you to assure me that you will never disappoint me in this offer so that I will present you as the genuine beneficiary of the funds. please I advise you to show better commitment in this deal. Always check and reply me whenever I send a message to you. Please note that it will take two days after the registration of the consignment in your name for you to receive it in your address so everything will be concluded without delay.

I advise you to keep this deal very secret if you really want to help me kindly remove the property from the advert list because I must buy it. I will conclude with the Red Cross and the Diplomat will finalize all the arrangement and I will inform you on what to do. Provide me with any form of your identity and full information:

1. Full names
2. Your private phone
3. Your address for the delivery.
4. Scanned copy of your Identification(ID)

I plead that you remain confidential as I don't want any other party involved in this deal as I do not want anything to happen to this fund. I send to you on attachment a copy of my ID and my pictures for you to know me better and I assure you that you will never ever regret this deal. Please keep all information completely confidential.

I am waiting for your answer quickly. Thank you for your understanding and God bless.

Regards,

Capt. Kelly Nelson

Thanks for your response and in line with your questions apparently there is absolutely nothing to worry about in this transaction everything is completely legal and the delivery will be done peacefully without any inconvenience just get your mind relax and be more optimistic then concerning your question.....I wait for your contact details so we can go on. In less than 5 days the fund should have been delivered to you and I will come over for my money. I hope I am been fair on this deal.

Hello Dear,

Thanks for your positive response and good partnership we hope to establish in this process, my warm greetings to all your house hold. I sincerely appreciate your person at this point and I assure you that I shall surely have every reason to repay you this cooperation. I received your details Information and your Id/photo copy. which you send with all sense of trust and I must inform you that you have my trust 100%.

You will be happy for us at the end of this deal. I only plead that you keep everything in confidence and follow my directives and you will have the box/fund in the next few days. Thanks for the good wishes and I must inform you that I appreciate your type of person and hoping that soon we will meet each other.

I am at the moment in a communication with the Red Cross official in Kabul, Afghanistan for a very solid arrangement for the delivery, as I rely a lot on the internet for my communications based on my position and location in the desert. I am waiting and hoping for a good response from Kabul and I will inform you further as soon as possible. I am sure we will have the delivery in the next few days, and I wait to confirm the destination of the Red cross Jet and also the availability and readiness of the diplomat that will help us to get the box to you in your address from where ever the Red cross Jet has it final stop.

You know that this is a huge fund and it means everything to me, so I am doing my very best to get the best of accommodation and arrangement so that we do not have any kind of mess up on the delivery, that's why I am doing everything to be sure that all the arrangement work perfectly in line and under the laws of your country and the European Union money transfer and delivery process.

I will surely have a good arrangement and you must trust me on that as I am only waiting on words of the Red Cross Officer.

Finally my dear I hope you have remove or deleted the advert of the property from the Internet online as I requested ? If haven't please do that right now because I will need it and I do not want to loose it to another person as my two lovely daughter Sarah and Amanda who's pictures I attached in this mail will be joining us too.

With regard to your true house hold. I'm sure we'll have the luck for a perfect arrangement and delivery to you and we shall have every reason to be thankful to the heavens.

Regards,

Capt. Kelly Nelson
This is to notify you at this moment that I got a positive news from the Red Cross Cargo officers, few hours ago their Cargo Jet is available in Kabul right now and will be moving tomorrow night to transit in Istanbul then proceed to Kiev. the Cargo Jet will deliver the box in Istanbul or in Kiev and we have to take care of the clearance charges at the Customs cargo control officials, I choose Istanbul for this delivery due to i was informed that it is more safer and easiest place for us to handle this delivery.

Therefore the Cargo Jet will transit and deliver the box in Istanbul. meanwhile the diplomat has confirmed that he will be in Istanbul together with the Red Cross cargo Jet, as soon as they arrive in Istanbul the diplomat will contact you for the clearing process hope you are ready for this delivery?

Here is the delivery procedure.

1. The Red Cross cargo Jet will deliver the box in Istanbul in your name.

2. The diplomat will be at the diplomatic cargo control office in Istanbul to help us with the clearing process.

3. You will take care of the clearance charges From Istanbul to your home address.

4. You have to be ready and prepared for this delivery due to i don't wanna move my box and have it abandoned at the middle of road,
i don't want anything to happen to my fund.

5. I have sent the required information to the diplomat to proceed the delivery. however I can cancel the delivery if you are unable to handle it, I'm giving you all this vital information for you to be ready and prepared for this delivery. my location and my allegiance here will make it impossible for me to control the delivery as soon as the box leave Kabul. apparently the box will be moved and deliver to your home address the same day it arrive in Istanbul.

Be rest assured that you will take back whatever expenses you made in this delivery from the box as soon as you receive it.
i will send the security code number of the box to you immediately the diplomat is on his way to your city, to enable you open the box and confirm the cash once the diplomat arrive in your home.

Note. you must not mention the content of this box to the diplomat or anyone else, I have already informed them that the box contains your family private documents. therefore you have to maintain and keep the content of this box highly confidential.

I am so fortunate to secured the fund and it means everything to me moreover i will be on my retirement very soon please i don't want any betrayal, I'm doing this to set up a good retirement and investment life that will benefit both of us including our families, and i want everything to be done confidentially as you have assured me to follow my directives with all trust.

Regards,
Capt. Kelly Nelson
#401177 by AlanJones Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:12 am
Please post the email address that the scammer is using. Other victims could be searching for that.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#401225 by Lista Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:32 pm
I made some researches on the net and I found that this is a common Nigerian 419 scam.
Last edited by AlanJones on Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Removed external link - we know it's a common 419 scam, we've been dealing with them for years