Has someone offered you a huge sum of money or a valuable consignment? It's a 419 or advance fee fraud - find out how they work, and what to do to be safe.
#33374 by David Jansen Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:52 pm
This is a refugee scam, where the scammer wants you to believe it's about refugees who had to take shelter at a refugee camp or asylum because their lives are in danger. There's always a relative, business partner, or government officials that are after the family fortune. But there is no fortune, the only purpose this scammer has is to make you pay for made up fees to release the money / trunkbox or consignment box. Don't fall for this scam!
Dearest,one

How was your night over there in your country and the day,i believe you had a nice night and that the arthmosphere over there in your country is very nice today? Mine was a little bit warm over here in Dakar Senegal.
My name is Joy Samuel i am (23yrs) but age doesn't matter in a real relationship,so i am confortable with your age,I am from Liberia in Africa,5.4ft tall, fair in complexion, single,(never married ) and presently i am residing here in Dakar as a result of the civil war that was fought in my country between 1999 to 2003.
My late father Dr. Samuel Doe. was the managing director of UTAZI COCOA INDUSTRIES (Ltd) in MONROVIA (the capital city of LIBERIA,my country) before the rebels attacked our house one early morning and killed my mother and my father in cold blood.
It was only me that is alive now and I managed to make my way to a near by country SENEGAL where i am leaving now as a refugee under a Reverend father's care and i am using his computer to send these message to you.
I would like to know more about you.Your likes and dislikes,your hobbies and what you are doing presently.I will tell you more about myself in my next mail.Attached here is my picture.
Hoping to hear from you soonest

Your's lovely,
Joy

Being a victim doesn't mean you stand alone. We're here to help you.
Advertisement