Has someone offered you a huge sum of money or a valuable consignment? It's a 419 or advance fee fraud - find out how they work, and what to do to be safe.
#4335 by Obi-Wan Knievel Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:52 pm
Dear Friend,

How are you doing today? I know that this letter may come to you as a surprise, please excuse me. My name is Dr. Ali Momodo. I am the Accountant of foreign bill of exchange Manager at the bank where I work.

In my department we discovered an abandoned sum of Four million Seven hundred thousand united state dollars. In an account that belongs to one of our customer who died along with his wife and children in a plane crash in a year 2005. Since we got information about his death, the bank have been expecting his next of kin to come over and claim his money because we cannot release it unless somebody applies for it as the next of kin or relation to the deceased, as indicated in our banking guidelines but unfortunately we learnt that all his supposed next of kin or relation died alongside with him in the plane crash leaving nobody behind for the claim.

It is therefore upon this discovery that I decided to make this business proposal to you to transfer the money to you as next of kin or relation to the deceased for safety and subsequent disbursement since nobody is coming for it because I don't want the money to go into the bank treasury as unclaimed Bill. I have agreed that 30% of this money will be for you as my partner in respect to the provision of a foreign account. 10% will be set aside for any expenses during the business and 60% will be for me, after which I shall visit your country for disbursement according to the percentages indicated.

Note: This transaction is 100% risk free as I have all requested information which shall aid the total accomplishment of this fund repatriation into your personal account as the beneficiary to the deceased. Upon the confirmation of your positive response, I shall send to you by fax / mail the full information of the bank and that of the deceased for instant inception of this transaction.

In your acceptance I request of you to provide me with your full names, telephone/fax number, mailing address, age and occupation to enable me file up necessary documents as soon as possible so that we can commence based on trust and honesty. Please get in touch with me by my email: [[email protected]]
I look forward to your positive response.

Best Regards.

Yours Faithfully,
Dr. Ali Momodo

Got a suspicious e-mail? Run it by The Scam Checklist to see if it's real.
Advertisement