Has someone offered you a huge sum of money or a valuable consignment? It's a 419 or advance fee fraud - find out how they work, and what to do to be safe.
#33812 by Lioness Sat Jul 24, 2010 6:15 pm
Mod edit: split from topic in News and Announcements and edited out poster's email address -Jillian

I got this email and when I did a search, it took me to your site. I don't know how he got my email address. If anyone knows anything about him, please let me know.

Sat, July 24, 2010 1:46:47 AMYOUR RESPOND IS NEEDED BY THIS BANK
From: CENTRAL BANK OF NIGERIA CBN <[email protected]> Add to Contacts
To: [email protected]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Following the upgradement currently taking place in the domain site of this bank, we are compelled to contact you now from this personal email, please bear with us,it is for a while.
Thanks.
MANAGEMENT

From the Desk Of:
Dr. Lamido Aminu Sanusi
Executive Governor
Central Bank Of Nigeria,(CBN)
Tel; +234 8028447015

Our Ref: CBN/IRD/CBX/021/09

Attention Beneficiary

CHANGE OF BENEFICIARY

We have called the attention of our legal Department and we met for over three hours dealing on this issue. We have promise to arrest Timmy Cross Group Ltd the fact that he will be coming back to our office later today.

Looking at the issue, It is paramount you stop dealing with any other person in regards to this transaction expect my honorable office since we will be investigating Timmy Cross after his arrest.

Our legal Team have proceed to nulify the Power of attorney presented by this Criminal. As the Court Procedure, they have required you reconfirm the Following to enable us effect the wire transfer of your fund within 24hours;

Your Full Name:
Your address:
Your occupation
Your direct Tel Phone/Cell Phone:

Bank account information you wish the fund transferred into Your confirmation to the above will be appreciated as our legal team are waiting in the court.

I wait to hear from you immediately.

Be guide accordingly,

DR. LAMIDO SANUSI ,(CBN)

C B N
27 KOFO ABAYOMI STREET,
VICTORIA ISLAND LAGOS, NIGERIA.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hotmail: Trusted email with Microsoft’s powerful SPAM protection. Sign up now.
Advertisement

#33816 by Jillian Sat Jul 24, 2010 6:41 pm
Hi Lioness!

I've split this post off from the following topic in News and Annoucements and moved it to this Help forum since you have questions: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2779

As stated on that thread:

Lamido Sanusi is the name of the real Governor of the Bank of Nigeria. Scammers will frequently impersonate him for their emails. As to how he got your address: It may be one of the same scammers who previously wrote to you and he's just trying a new scam format or it may have just been sent to you and a lot of other people whose email addresses were harvested from somewhere online by scammers.

If your email address is posted anywhere online, you'll get scam letters like these, just ignore them all and post them here to alert others. :D

By the way, I edited your email address out of your post above, that's one of the sure-fire ways to get scams and spams emailed to you! Don't post your address anywhere. :wink:

Have you sent a payment to a scammer with Western Union and now realize it's a scam? If the payment has not been picked up, you can cancel it immediately! 1-800-448-1492

Follow ScamWarners on Twitter: http://twitter.com/ScamWarners