Has someone offered you a huge sum of money or a valuable consignment? It's a 419 or advance fee fraud - find out how they work, and what to do to be safe.
#34428 by BroerVanH Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:23 am
My brother recently received a letter in the mail (a real one on paper) from Danny Ricardo of Ricardo & Associates Litigation & Corporate.
It is a typical Advance fee fraud letter, translated to Dutch by translation software.
Fortunately, my brother discovered that it's a scam before he got to the payment phase.

The contents of the letter (in Dutch):
Praça da República 33, 2710-616 Sintra

Beste : H. Xxxxxxxx

Ik ben Danny Ricardo, deskundige in collectieve en wettelijke eisen, ik ben een partner in Ricardo Johnson & Vennoten.

Ik contacteer u met betrekking tot een overleden cliënt die in een auto ongeval in Porto in maart 2007 stierf, hij was een prominente cliënt van mij ,die blijkt dezelfde FAMILIENAA met u te delen. Voor zijn dood, wijst mijn cliënt die (USD $32 miljoen) hier had gedeponeerd bij de kluis van een financiële instelling in Portugal, documentatie betreffende deze transactie erop dat de eisen slechts door zijn relatief familielid kunnen worden gemaakt. Jammer genoeg had hij geen vat op het tijdstip van zijn dood. Alle geleverde inspanningen openbaarden geen verbinding aan om het even welk van zijn familielid. Nochtans, wegens de internationale financiële crisissen, wijs van hervorming toe is gemaakt binnen het Portugese Financiële systeem, omvat dit de nieuwe wet op successie/eisen die op een duur wijzen waarin dergelijke overerving zou kunnen worden getolereerd.

De financiële instelling heeft me verplicht gesteld om de naaste verwant of een verwant voor te stellen die de fondsen zullen eisen. Het nalaten zou om aan dit ultimatum te beantwoorden het financiële instellingsrapport juridisch dergelijke fondsen aan de Bank van Portugal toestaan die als unclaimed landgoed (en uiteindelijk rechtstreeks naar de zak van de Staat) zou kunnen worden in beslag genomen. Ik heb op zijn plaats alle noodzakelijke vereisten betreffende de versie van dit gezet financier en het is mijn bedoeling om deze kans aan u als begunstigde te introduceren. Gelieve op te merken dat ik met alle noodzakelijke informatie/documentatie betreffende dit fonds juridisch uitgerust ben.

Op uw goedkeuring om samen te werken, ben ik het ermee eens dat 40% van dit geld voor u zal zijn, 40% voor mezelf en 20% gaat naar om het even welke aanvaardbare liefdadigheidsorganisatie in Portugal of in uw land. Om tijdverschil en vertrouwelijke redenen, adviseer ik sterk dat u ten eerste me via fax of email contacteert. Onmiddellijk daarna kunnen we een afspraak maken, zodat ik u kan informeren en we samen tot een besluit kunnen komen. Samenvattend, is het mijn zorg om uw uiteindelijke eerlijkheid, samenwerking en vertrouwelijkheid te eisen. Ik WAARBORG dat dit proces onder een wettige regeling wordt uitgevoerd die u juridisch tegen om het even welke breuk van de wet zou beschermen. Houd er rekening mee dat deze brief vertaald is. Het zou natuurlijk veel makkelijker zijn om met u te communiceren als u Engels spreekt of schrijft.

Danny Ricardo

Fax: +34 933 807 495 OR +34954 322 225
Email1: [email protected] OR [email protected]

And a scan of the letter:
Advertisement

#34437 by Dotti Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:55 am
Thank you for posting this scam, as it may help others who are unsure if it is real and looking for information.

For readers checking out the names who don't speak Dutch, a quick run through Google translate show us that this is a next-of-kin 419 scam:

I'm Danny Ricardo, an expert in corporate and legal requirements, I am a partner Ricardo Johnson & Associates.

I contact you concerning a deceased client in a car accident in Porto in March 2007 died, he was a prominent client of mine who has the same FAMILIENAA to share with you. Before his death, my client points (USD $ 32 million) was deposited here in the vault of a financial institution in Portugal, information regarding this transaction that the requirements only by its relatively family can be made. Unfortunately he had no control over the time of his death. All efforts revealed no connection to any of his family. However, due to international financial crises point of reform is made in the Portuguese financial system, this includes the new law on succession / claims based on such an expensive ways in which inheritance could be tolerated.

The financial institution has mandated me to the nearest relative or relative to propose that the funds will require. It would fail to meet this ultimatum to the financial institution legally report such funds to allow the Bank of Portugal as unclaimed property (and eventually directly to the pocket of the State) could be seized. I have in place all necessary requirements on the version put this funding and it is my intention for this opportunity to introduce to you as beneficiary. Please note that I have all necessary information / documentation relating to this fund am legally equipped.

Your approval to work, I agree that 40% of this money for you will be 40% for myself and 20% goes to any acceptable charitable organization in Portugal or in your country. To time difference and confidential reasons, I strongly recommend that you first me via fax or email contact. Immediately afterwards, we can make an appointment, so I can inform you and together we can come to a decision. In summary, my concern is your ultimate honesty, cooperation and confidentiality requirements. I GUARANTEE that this process is performed under a legitimate arrangement that you legally against any breach of the law would protect. Please note that this letter translated. It would obviously be much easier to communicate with you when you speak or write English.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.