Has someone offered you a huge sum of money or a valuable consignment? It's a 419 or advance fee fraud - find out how they work, and what to do to be safe.
#4465 by John DeLaney Sat Aug 09, 2008 5:17 am
Femi Sunmonu & Associates
The Ground Floor, R.E.A.N Plc. Building,
2B Post Office Road,
P.O. Box 12660,
Kano, Nigeria.
[email protected]
Good day,This is a personal email directed to you and I request that it be treated as such. I am Tope Egunjobi,a solicitor at law. I am the personal attorney/sole executor to the late Mr Harold Bummins , hereinafter referred to as 'my client' who worked as an independent oil magnate in my country and who died in a car crash with his immediate family on the 4th of oct,2000. Since the death of my client in oct,2000, I have written several letters to the embassy with an intent to locate any of his extended relatives whom shall be claimants/beneficiaries of his abandoned personal estate and all such efforts have been to no avail.Moreso,I have received official letters in the last few weeks suggesting a likely proceeding for confiscation of his abandoned personal assets in line with existing laws by the bank in which my client deposited the sum of US$6,300,000.00. On this note i decided to search for a credible person, hence I was urged to contact you, that I may,with your consent, present you to the "trustee" bank as my late client's surviving family member so as to enable you put up a claim to the bank in that capacity as a next of kin of my client.I find this possible for the fuller reasons that i have relevant documents to backup our claim and which can only be provided by my chambers. I propose that 65% of the net sum will accrue to you at the conclusion of this deal in so far as I do not incur further expenses. Therefore, to facilitate the immediate transfer of this fund, you need, first to contact me via email signifying your interest and as soon as I obtain your confidence,I will immediately appraise you with the complete details as well as fax you the documents, with which you are to proceed and i shall direct on how to put up an application to the bank.HOWEVER, you will have to assent to an express agreement which I will forward to you in order to bind us in this transaction. Upon the reciept of your reply,I will send you by fax or E-mail the next step to take.I will not fail to bring to your notice that this proposal is hitch-free and that you should not entertain any fears as the required arrangements have been made for the completion of this transfer. Like I have implied, I require only a solemn confidentiality on this.
Best regards,
Tope Egunjobi

John DeLaney
Advertisement