Has someone offered you a huge sum of money or a valuable consignment? It's a 419 or advance fee fraud - find out how they work, and what to do to be safe.
#35912 by wesleyboy2001 Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:43 am
I think I am being scammed... I have been chatting to a "Lt. Thomas Edwards" at Camp Victory in Iraq... He has asked me to apply for leave as his spouse, and tell them we want to plan our wedding here in Australia.. I emailed [email protected] and they sent me a leave request form via email... It was issued my a General Thomas W, Krick, yet the name under the signature says General Thomas W. Kricks... The grammer on the correspondance is terrible, i think the US Army would have programmes for poor spelling and grammar.. LOL
I signed the form and sent it back, next thing another form arrived asking for my personal details and that I will be required to pay a deposit for him to travel to Australia... I have not sent this
form back..

Can you please inform me if this is a scam...
<Name Removed - Michelle>
Advertisement

#35913 by Arnold Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:04 am
Welcome to Scamwarners.
There is no doubt that you are being scammed, I'm afraid. We have more information about this particular scam here viewtopic.php?f=13&t=6527
Please ignore further emails from him, although he may be persistent. Can you quote his email address please so that Google can find it.

#35914 by wesleyboy2001 Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:17 am
Arnold,
Thank you for your fast response... His email address is: [email protected]

I have kept everything he has sent me, including the "official" US Defense Forms and photos of a soldier in a US Military uniform...

<Name Removed - Michelle>
#35915 by Arnold Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:30 am
Thanks.
It's better not to add your name to your posts. Normally a first name is no problem, but if the scammer googles on his email address and arrives here, it may be enough to identify you to him.

#35917 by Michael Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:38 am
Hi there wesleyboy, could you please show me the email coming from that usarmytransit.co.cc email adress along with the headers? If you are unsure about how to retrieve headers, just tell us which email provider you use and a staff member will be happy to explain to you :D

Account inactive - messages are not being monitored
#35922 by wesleyboy2001 Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:24 am
LEAVE POLICY AND INSTRUCTION?

23/08/2010
Reply ?

USARMY TRANSIT
To wesleyboy2001
Hotmail Active View
1 attachment

(80.8 KB)
View slide show (1)
Dear ***** **** *****

In respect to your email requesting the leave for Lt. Thomas Edwards, the leave policy and procedure form has been attarched herein for you to read, sign and send back to us as soon as possible via this email.

Note, you are expected to send back the signed form within 24 hours of receipt as the leave procedure has commenced since you sent in the request.

Best Regards.

--
GENERAL THOMAS W. KRICK

Multi-National Corps – Iraq
Public Affairs Office, Camp Victory
APO AE 09342
#35923 by wesleyboy2001 Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:34 am
NOTICE ALL THE SPELLING AND GRAMMAR MISTAKES...

MONEY BACK GUARANTEE FORM.?

23/08/2010
Reply ?

USARMY TRANSIT
To wesleyboy2001
Hotmail Active View
1 attachment

(82.9 KB)
View slide show (1)
Dear ***** **** *****

Your application for a leave off duty for one of our serving officer (Lt. Thomas Edwards) was receaved with the leave policy and instruction duelly signed.

You should be aware that, during this transit process, you are going to remit some amount of money to our finance department. This will be return to you as soon as your fiance's safe arrival is confirm. You are advise to fill and submit the attached money back guarantee form.As soon as this form is returned,i will contact the Head Office in the United state of America to calculate the Transit Fee and other charges that Might Inquire.

Once you provide us with this information you are no longer anonymous to us. (We) protect your privacy and we do not insist you to provide extra personal information than necessary.

All information collected will not be used for any illegal activity. The information is what we are going to use in registration of your name with the Military Transit Department.

Regards,

--
GENERAL THOMAS W. KRICK

Multi-National Corps – Iraq
Public Affairs Office, Camp Victory
APO AE 09342

Close ad
© 2010 MicrosoftTermsPrivacyAdvertise
Help CenterFeedbackEnglish