Has someone offered you a huge sum of money or a valuable consignment? It's a 419 or advance fee fraud - find out how they work, and what to do to be safe.
#4525 by Obi-Wan Knievel Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:54 pm
As far as internet scams go, I think this is the oldest one in the book. This may in fact be the letter that got this kind of thing known as the "Nigerian Letter scam" so many years ago.

from Mr G. Jimeta <ajsesma3>
reply-to [email protected]
to
date 13 August 2008 11:48
subject Your urgent assistance required.

Private/Confidential.

Dear Friend,

BUSINESS PROPOSAL:TRANSFER OF USD15.6M -FIFTEEN MILLION SIX HUNDRED THOUSAND UNITED STATES DOLLARS)& BUSINESS INVESTMENTS PARTNERSHIP.

I greet you most respectfully.

First,I am obliged to solicit for your assistance,almost beg for my existence,for not having the means to transfer and secure this funds tralked about here.I know this is a bit of an unusual reason to e-mail you but I need your help.I am assuring you that my contacting you as a private person is without any intention to violate your integrity; but solely due to the nature of this business as a special deal.Permit me to say also that I got your contact in confidence through the email database list purchased by my firm for resourseful individual based in overseas.

I am Alhaji Gamso Jimeta,the special assistant to the secretary of the
petroleum trust development fund-(PTDF)based here in the Independent Republic of Nigeria.

Sometime ago, to be precise by mid-last year,contracts were awarded to a conglomerate of multinational and indigenous companies by my committee on behalf of PDTF. In the general running of things, this contracts payments was over-invoiced to the tune of USD15.6M in total.This was done deliberately in a deal by members of my committee who we were assigned to share an office that also afforded a measure of privacy to get this deal arranged.We want to benefit from the project so that we will not retire to a life of penury after putting in many years in the civil service and where offoicially we have been working as gaggle of struggling individuals without any adoption programme for workers from our government so far; now and in the foreground ahead.

Right off the bat,we now desire to transfer the money,which is presently lying in a suspense account of PDTF at the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) into an overseas account which we expect you to provide for a commission.And fundamentally,however,we want this money to be transferred to the foreign account which you are going to provide bearing in mind that our civil service code of conduct laws forbids us as civil servants from owning foreign company or running foreign account.Though all expenses regarding the account opening if not already in existence shall be borne by you and reimbursable as already stated above on conclusion of business.

And for the present,at least,we have agreed that the following funds will be shared thus after it has been paid into your account;

a) 20% of the money will go to you for acting as the beneficiary of the fund.
b) 10% will be set aside as an abstract projection for reimbursement to both parties for incidental expenses that may be incurred in the course of the transaction.
c) 70% to us the government officials (which we wish to commence a joint business in conjunction with you when we come for sharing).

For this matter, I would require;

a) Name and address of Company/ Beneficiary.
b)Your personal Telephone and Fax numbers .

The above informations would be used to make formal application;as a matter of procedure to the government remittance institution for the release of this funds and onward transfer to your bank nominated account. It does not matter whether or not you or your company does contract projects of the nature described here.The assumption is that you won a major contract and subcontracted it out to other companies.After all and more often than not,it is a known fact globally that big trading companies or individuals of unrelated field win major contacts and subcontracts to more specialized firms for execution of such contracts.This known principle in contract business is the cardinal element of support on which we rest our backs here to pursue the actualization of this mutually beneficial transaction without any hassles.

More importantly,we have strong and reliable connections and contacts at the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) and the Federal Ministry of Finance and we have no doubts at all that this money will be released and transferred if we get the necessary foreign partners to assist us in this deal. Therefore,when the business is successfully concluded we shall through the same connections withdraw all documents used in the execution of this deal from all the concerned government ministries for 100% security.

By the by; and out of an abundance of caution,I will be counting on your discretion to keep this matter close to your chest alone.This is to enable us achieve our targets.I do not mean to enforce attitude from you but our present sedentary positions of still working in the civil service demands that we must remain sticklers for laid down etiquettes/law of the civil service which prohibits us from engaging in business of this nature.I crave your indulgence here on this issue of secrecy so that we do not incite things to riot that will in turn cause a leak to our career.

On all sides,and should you think we can have an agreeable and productive time together with real interest on the subject line above,kindly send me a mail through my confidential email address--([email protected])-- so that I can brief you further with the blue print details of the master plan to ensure a successful transfer of this fund to your account to our collective benefit.

I wait in anticipation of your co-operation to assisting me in this responsibility and even as I do not seek to buy my way into the alcove of your mind irrespective of the fact that you are already on a secured location (overseas) and maybe also in a good position to help me.

I will greatly appreciate your timely response back to me.I look forward to it.

Sincerely,
Alhaji Gamso Jimeta.

Got a suspicious e-mail? Run it by The Scam Checklist to see if it's real.
Advertisement