Has someone offered you a huge sum of money or a valuable consignment? It's a 419 or advance fee fraud - find out how they work, and what to do to be safe.
#27039 by delphineb92 Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:47 am
Hi!
I found a family now, but i still receive messages from families, and i think that posting here some of the messages i found suspicious could help some of us to know about scam.
Here is the message i receive this morning:

Dear Aupair,

We are Wilson ’s family from The United State of America , We are a nice and fun loving family but we are currently based in London in England (UK).

I work as a production engineer for Continental Tyre a German based Tyre Company. My wife Ana also works with the same company as an Administrative Assistant. We were posted on contract to ( UK ) were we currently reside but we would be returning back to ( USA ) after our contract expires.

If you need to inquire about the authenticity of our employment with the company and our current posting to ( UK ), you could contact our company on [email protected] for more information.

Our busy schedule prompted us to seek the assistance of an aupair, we searched for potential nannies on aupair-options.com site and we found your profile and liked it. Your basic duties would be to take care of our kid. We have a maid who would undertake of housework hence your basic responsibility is with our child Johnson.

We would be offering a salary of 1800GBP which would be paid to you at the end of every month and a weekly pocket money of 220GBP.We knows the amount is high but we are paid well by our company and we want the best for our son. You would have a furnished accommodation with Television Set, Internet Ready Laptop, Fixed Landline telephone and a car for your use.

Indicate your interest by sending us your picture, phone number and some character references for us to evaluate and consider you for the position.

On the issue of travel documents, we would take care of the cost by undertaking care of your traveling cost. In saying this we would be paying for your flight tickets and visa procurement charges.

Let us hear from you so that we can discuss more on the offer. You can contact me on this same e mail portal or via my direct mobile phone number +44-7024036567 or +44-702-4063975.

Best regards

George Wilson

For the family."

Then sent pictures too.

Here is the "original":
Received: by 10.216.187.144 with SMTP id y16cs164472wem;
Tue, 20 Apr 2010 12:20:05 -0700 (PDT)
Received: by 10.216.90.3 with SMTP id d3mr2356452wef.110.1271791202572;
Tue, 20 Apr 2010 12:20:02 -0700 (PDT)
Return-Path: [email protected]
Received: from omp208.mail.ukl.yahoo.com (omp208.mail.ukl.yahoo.com [87.248.111.151])
by mx.google.com with SMTP id i35si14123540gve.26.2010.04.20.12.19.58;
Tue, 20 Apr 2010 12:20:00 -0700 (PDT)
Received-SPF: neutral (google.com: 87.248.111.151 is neither permitted nor denied by best guess record for domain of [email protected]) client-ip=87.248.111.151;
Authentication-Results: mx.google.com; spf=neutral (google.com: 87.248.111.151 is neither permitted nor denied by best guess record for domain of [email protected]) [email protected]; dkim=pass (test mode) [email protected]
Received: (qmail 37398 invoked by uid 1000); 20 Apr 2010 19:19:57 -0000
Received: (qmail 6952 invoked by uid 60001); 20 Apr 2010 19:19:54 -0000
DKIM-Signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoo.co.uk; s=s1024; t=1271791192; bh=UFvAuuxcXdCZadTKrI3Ic8mCpuKBv0SS9Hi9d3pvdE0=; h=Message-ID:X-YMail-OSG:Received:X-Mailer:Date:From:Subject:To:MIME-Version:Content-Type; b= Removed domain key
DomainKey-Signature:a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws;
s=s1024; d=yahoo.co.uk;
h=Message-ID:X-YMail-OSG:Received:X-Mailer:Date:From:Subject:To:MIME-Version:Content-Type;
b= removed domain key
Received: from [213.175.219.60] by web24920.mail.ird.yahoo.com via HTTP; Tue, 20 Apr 2010 19:19:52 GMT
X-Mailer: YahooMailClassic/10.1.9 YahooMailWebService/0.8.102.267879
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2010 19:19:51 +0000 (GMT)
Subject: I got Your Profile on aupair-options.com
To: [email protected]
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: multipart/mixed; boundary="0-1521929419-1271791192=:5782"

--0-1521929419-1271791192=:5782
Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="0-1576774859-1271791192=:5782"

--0-1576774859-1271791192=:5782
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Sure it's a scam :)

Made a couple of slight edits for clarity - Ralph
Advertisement

#27053 by David Jansen Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:33 am
Yes it is. The redirect phone numbers that begin with +4470 are indicators that it's a scam, as your call to such a redirect number can be connected to any telephone around the world. The email itself looks very familiar to other au-pair scam emails.

Being a victim doesn't mean you stand alone. We're here to help you.
#27178 by Guzguz Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:17 pm
Dear delphineb92!
I got this email tomorrow morning. I'm not stupid ot something but I replied because it seemed so believable with the nice pictures of the little boy. And they answered me again. I asked for their exact address, but there was something wrong with the email of their company.

Dear aupair,

How are doing today? We are so glad that you could write us back that shows that you are in good health. We really want to employ you as an aupair for our son Johnson.

We have decided to find an au pair because we need help looking after our child. We are looking for an aupair to be a big sister or brother to our child and to become another member of our family au pair.

Eventually, we will be moving back to the State by 2012 that is when our contract shall expire in the UK . We intend moving to Florida .

Below is our house address

#11 Parker's Row,

Southwark,

London SE1 2DQ, UK

Johnson is about four (4) years now and likes to go to the parks once a week and we would like you to take him.

We will require you to take care of Johnson for about 30hrs a week. You will have weekends free and we will pay you ?1,800 per month and weekly pocket money of 220GBP which we will give to you every Friday.

There is also a good language school and we will encourage you to go for lessons there to learn English the more if you wish to.

You will have your own bedroom and your own bathroom either live in or live out fully furnished, plus desk phone and computer system with internet.

Do well and send your CV, Resume to enable us ascertain your credibility as a good aupair to our son Johnson.

Alternatively, you can send some important information about you to enable you to prepare a Contract Letter for you.

We do not have any pets and we do not smoke, we are a Christian and GOD fearing family.

We need an au pair to start with us as soon as possible but you can still indicate when you want to start work with our family and stay until at least 4 months or more. We will need you to drive our second car if you can and we shall arrange some driving lessons for you when you arrive. You may use this car for taking Johnson to school, going to your English classes to improve your English and for your private use. We are a fun young family looking for a kind hearted fun au pair to mix in with our family.

Our family shall pay for all your travel expenses okay hence If you are interested and would consider being our au pair please let me know as soon as you can be sending your CV, resume so that I can make the necessary enquiries on how to get a Traveling document for you and get back to you. My phone number +44-7024063975 or +44-7024036567

We have already attached some of our family picture for you to see hope you will like it.

Yours Sincerely

George Wilson

For the family.

I searched for the address on Google Earth and it's just a tiny flat, not a huge house with well paid owners. And what kind of children goes to the park "once a week"? I replied them again but I could feel there was something wrong with it, and I searched for the email address, and the name on the internet, this is how I found this useful page.
I can't understand what these stupid people want me from me. :x
#27179 by Dotti Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:10 pm
Welcome Guzguz,

I'm glad you realized this is a scam before you invested too much time and energy in it.

I can't understand what these stupid people want me from me

The answer to that question is simple: They want your money. And this tells us how they plan to get it:

please let me know as soon as you can be sending your CV, resume so that I can make the necessary enquiries on how to get a Traveling document for you and get back to you.

The scammer would tell you that they found a travel agent (or another company - but here I will just call it "travel agent") that will get your documents to you, and they will instruct you to contact the travel agent (or you will be contacted by them). The "travel agent" (really the scammer under another name or his accomplice) will tell you that they are going to complete the applications and get you the necessary travel documents, but they need you to send the fees for these documents by Western Union. If you send money, there will be more fees in order to complete your documents. Of course there is no travel agent and there are no documents, and the only thing that is going anywhere is your money, straight into the scammer's pocket

The additional instant flag is the phone numbers. If you are contacted by anyone who is supposed to be in the UK and they give you a number that starts with 44-70, walk away. These numbers are redirect numbers that are forwarded to a phone somewhere else in the world. Scammers use them to make people think they are in UK when they really are not. Someone who is really in UK would not have a redirect number.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.