Has someone offered you a huge sum of money or a valuable consignment? It's a 419 or advance fee fraud - find out how they work, and what to do to be safe.
#37511 by Chris Fuller Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:02 pm
This, like all emails pretending to be sent by the IMF, is a scam. The IMF's own website states:

Contrary to what is stated in these scam e-mails, letters, or phone conversations, the IMF does NOT authorize, verify, monitor, or assist in contract or inheritance payments between third parties and/or Governments, nor does it endorse the activities of any bank, financial institution, or other public or private agency. For purposes of clarification, the IMF is an inter-governmental organization whose transactions and operations are carried out directly with its member countries.

Sent: Thursday, September 02, 2010
Subject:GOOD NEWS

FROM THE DESK OF
MR. JOHN PETER
MANAGING DIRECTOR (IMF)
IMMEDIATE PAYMENT RELEASE
REF: IMF/IRD/CBX/021/10

Your Urgent Attention is important,

Have you received your funds with the people that you trusted? If,Yes, you should let me know, and if you have not receive your funds you can call me immediately with my direct number +234-703-564-6385 if you did not, send the needed informations bellow so that i can tell you what you need to do and receive your fund within 2hours. We the staffs and Management of the International Monetary Fund (IMF) Office, Nigeria are very sorry to inform you that we are responsible for non- transfer of your fund and it is because of Monetary bilateral agreement between the United Nations, International Monetary Fund, Paris Club and World Bank but because of the recent amendment by the International Monetary Fund, which has permitted the immediate release of some Stopped Fund from so many countries of the World.

Very sorry for delay but bear in mind that it was stopped for world interest in order to enforce the law against Money Laundering and Terrorist Sponsor in the world general, however congratulation as your name was on the list of Ten Beneficiaries their fund has been issued with immediate Release Order Authority. Based on the above, we have approved your fund USD$10,500,00 for immediate release via Bank to Bank transfer, that is the instruction on the grand in accordance with the instruction as received from the above mentioned organizations. You are urgently requested to reconfirm your readiness to receive this fund by providing your below banking information.
Your Full Name: _________________
Your Full Address:_______________________________
Direct Telephone Number:____________________________________

As soon as the above information is received, We will get back to you immediately.
Best Regards.
Mr. John Peter
MANAGEMENT INTERNATIONAL MONETARY FUND (IMF FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA)
NOTE: RESPONSE SHOULD BE MADE IMMEDIATELY BEFORE IT WILL BE TOO LATE FOR YOU.
Advertisement