Has someone offered you a huge sum of money or a valuable consignment? It's a 419 or advance fee fraud - find out how they work, and what to do to be safe.
#307216 by Carhart1017 Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:41 pm
Hello everyone, this is my first post. :)

I received an email from this address: [email protected]
This was the message:

My name is Scott Smith, Attorney at law. Sequel to your non response to my previous email, I am re-sending this to you again thus; A deceased client of mine, that shares the same last name as yours,who died as the result of a heart-related condition on January 28th 2009. I have contacted you to assist in distributing the money left behind by my client which is lodged in the bank.

Regards,
Scott Smith

I believe this is a scam, probably with the intention of getting me to send money in order to get money. Has anyone heard from this person before?
Advertisement

#307217 by Bryon Williams Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:45 pm
Welcome to Scamwarners,

It is a scam. Just delete the message.

ETA: Please post the email header as what you posted is not an email address. Remove your personal information prior to submitting.

It may appear to be from askimsviken.com but the headers will tell the true story.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#307219 by vonpaso xlura Sat Sep 24, 2016 1:56 am
askimsviken.com has been registered for 18 years and is in Sweden, but the email you got is a next-of-kin scam written by an African. See Bryon's sig for how to find email headers. We need to see the Reply-To, Received, and various other headers. Remove your name and address from the headers.

... ni los estafadores heredarán el reino de Dios. 1 Cor. 6:10