Has someone offered you a huge sum of money or a valuable consignment? It's a 419 or advance fee fraud - find out how they work, and what to do to be safe.
#41562 by grape Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:58 am
Hi. This scam is another military name scam. Instead, of Sgt. Dawn. The person uses Sgt. D. Fredrick Scott. He claims to be stationed in Afghanistan, eventually things get deeper and deeper, more involved, then the person asks me to request leave from [email protected]. You get a contact back from the person saying they are Lt. Col. Robert Friedman. Well, I found that it was Lt. General Robert Friedman and he is now deceased. He says can you set up or contact [email protected]. I didn't know that was a fraud either so I don't know how to stop that.

Initially, I received a message on Face Book. The person set up an intitial private account and than accept me as a friend. Deimel claims to have to children Robin 14 and Ryan 18. The conversations before I found out were really wonderful and dreamy. The result is you are the one for me, "Do you promise your love to me, our children for the rest of our lives...I love you (enormously--both of us said this)...One of the ones was telling me that he sang and his favorite song is I love you by Celine Dion. You're called his soulmate, best friend, sometimes wife and husband exchanged. Really, charming.

I'm angry about this. However, I am not crying because I figured it was too good to be true to be happy for once. Frustrating. I didn't know that the form was fake until about an hour ago when I found the same name (Lt Col) You think hey maybe I will be spending the rest of my life with this person. OH MY GOD...

The only thing was that I emailed the info back and was going to send the form. However, when I couldn't confirm the address Department of Defense United States of American. I started doing more searching because something wasn't right. I kept looking at the form. None of the Army forms I found matched even close and that was my major clue. Oh, there is the old picture of him in a what looks like an army private patch. Which I looked at and online and nothing match. He never wanted to give me his age (age doesn't matter he would say) or birth year.

Like I was saying. Other people need to know about this.I don't like being victimized this way. Oh my god. I have never in my life come accross such awful ways of scamming. Using a deceased retired soldiers name. How does this criminal have that nerve.

Thank you.

Grape.
Advertisement

#41742 by grape Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:20 am
I just found out that this individual goes by Demel. Don't believe a word he chats or says. Please I beg you'all. Read this and the other post. Honest to god. I don't want to hear how this individual hurt someone physically. If he hasn't already. Or tick him off and kill an individual if he hasn't already. The pictures he posts are old. On recently posted pictures he wears a wedding ring and claims that he has still two kids and is widowed. However, he never says a word about any of them. He claims that you're his one and only. He isn't a cheater. He does communicate with a lot of women because of the fact that he said to me that age doesn't matter. I said my mom wants to know your age. He said didn't you read my email. I told you all this already. I said you didn't send me an email telling me anything of the sort...He is extremely abusive. He is into intimidation and violent natured. He could be called Sgt. Fredrick Scott Deimel or Sgt. Deimel Scott. Or Sgt. Fredrick Deimel. He says he is 50. I found an article that states a Deimel Scott was a technical Sgt retired in 2004 from an Air Force base in Texas. Yet, he claims he is in the US Army on a peace keeping mission. He claims he is in Kabul Afghanistan. The pictures look old and his uniform says Deimel. Usually, from what I know unless it has changed that you are known by your last name and don't go by the first name. I could be wrong. I'm not perfect. He doesn't like you to ask any questions. He blows up. Tells you you made a mistake, how your at fault for anything, how you're going to get me in trouble....my comander yelled at me... I didn't do anything. I received an email back from that [email protected] asking me about the form. The form is a fraud and when looked at closely it has errors and compared with correct forms they are filled out by the soldier. He posted a really graphic picture of one of his buddies holding a body part with blood on his uniform. He took that down.

He claims he is widowed. I think that he is married and has a lot of women he has been communicating or being intimate with.. He thought of me as this easy person to easily get into my apartment to rape and beat me or take me a hotel or motel and be intimate whehter I wanted to or not on his first day or night back from Afghanistan. He was angry that I refused to talk dirty during chat. However, this was when we were deep with our conversations by the time I found you'all. This is truely a sick individual. He mentioned something about his wife dying in a car accident. Then, mentioned an ex wife. I'm not even sure if he has kids.

Oh, the processing officer on that email address now just says processing officer.

It is the most god awful experience in my life. It literally left me feeling violated. Especially, after what I found out tonight. I thank god that I found out. Oh, the conversations are altered in some way; however, are like the Sgt. Dawn scam in some way at times.

Grape.
#41758 by Dotti Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:01 am
Welcome Grape,

First I am sorry to hear you were scammed. Second, there is no need to be quite so worried. You are not in any physical danger.

What you have described is a textbook fake soldier romance scam. The real person contacting you is not in or near Afghanistan, and he is not American. He is an African man, most likely young, very possibly unmarried. Though he could be somewhere else, he is most likely living in Africa or Malaysia (where many young Africans go on student visas and then continue to scam.) He is undoubtedly running other scams--these scams may be more romance scams, either under this name or another, or they be other types of advance fee fraud or even fake check scams. In reality, he is nothing more than a thief who wants easy money, so instead of doing real work, he makes his living stealing other people's money.

The really romantic emails he sent you are copied from romantic poetry/love letter sites, such as lovingyou.com. He tells you that his wife died, because it is a good way of getting sympathy from many women. The same is true of claiming he has children--he uses his imaginary children as a way to convince women that he is a good, responsible person, and often as another way to get money (for example, he may claim one of the children has been in an accident and he needs money for life-saving surgery). He says that age doesn't matter because he is not looking for a relationship--he is looking for women to steal from, and he really doesn't care how old they are as long as he can get money from them.

He is essentially a lazy, egotistical, and somewhat misogynistic. He believes that he is entitled to steal women's money, and he gets angry when his victims question him or refuse to pay. He may curse, threaten, and verbally abuse you for questioning him because when you ask too many questions, it means that you are not completely hooked by his lies, and he is probably not getting money any time soon. In reality, though, no matter how many times he threatens you, he is actually a coward. He hides behind fake names and locations, and doesn't reveal his true self, because he is afraid of being caught. He is not coming anywhere near you because (a) he has no real interest in you, only in any money he can get from you; (b) he is not going to do anything that might get him caught; and (c) he would rather spend his money on expensive electronics and cars than on trying to go to wherever you are (and he may not even be able to get a visa to your country anyway).

The best way to stop this is to ignore him completely. Block him from your messenger, don't take any calls from him, and don't send him any messages. As long as he can get to you, he will likely to continue to try, in hopes he can charm or scare you into paying. After a while, he will drop you and move on to other moneymaking opportunities.

The emails these scammers send are often scripts that they use again and again, even after they change fake names. Posting those emails, especially the early ones, and the ones surrounding the phony leave request, can help others to avoid being scammed.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.
#43211 by grape Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:34 am
Dotti, thank you. Your message helped. I did find out a bit more info. There is a picture that the individual in a military uniform rank of private that says Bondurant Gate. I found out that the SAA stands for San Antonio Academy. Their libary is called Bondurant and that is the same name he used or claimed to be a surname. The phone company given sent me an email which you were correct about wanting me to send over $400.00 so that I could "communicate with my man..." That email just came through. I have I just ignored that. I know that military personal have communication from abroad to loved ones and they can send you mail. It took me a bit to put aside the hurt and to put aside the fact that I was so scammed like that. I am glad I did go with my gut.

I came across the SAA because I was doing another search and a Hooah Deimel showed up class '87 SAA serving in Iraq 3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division. This individual also has a facebook account, says he has two kids and a new born, and is married. I brought this individual up just in case. I do know that the US Army soldiers say Hooah!!

Thank you.

Grape
#43214 by David Jansen Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:05 am
Welcome here grape.

I'm sorry you got hurt by this scammer. As Dotti said, could you post some of his early scam e mails? That way others can find it and be warned.

Being a victim doesn't mean you stand alone. We're here to help you.
#44949 by sonseyface Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:16 am
Hi got got this on facebook yesterday his name is "Demiel Fredrick Scott"
20 January at 13:45 Report
Thank you so much for getting back in touch with me as it actually made my day!,I've been waiting to read from you,,,we're having a hard time here and i really miss home..life has been pretty hectic,,I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.just like to let you know lil more about me...I am 50yrs of age,i have a 14yrs old boy.I have been in the military going to 18 years now,,I am on development here in Kabul Afghanistan,i love my job so much,,,i lost my dad 1995 dad died on kidney prob and this got mum sick and died too it was a sorrow day,,but i think it one of those things...am the only child of my parent they live in New York before they both died,,,my dad was an engineer and mum was a caregiver..love my parent so much too....cos they so much take good care of me,,,God bless dad and mum anywhere they are now,,that is my prayer everyday...am a very good christian cause i so much believe in God,,and i have fear of God too....i,Ryan is my only child and i love hims o much, just that i miss him badly,,,before my wife died am always honest with her and i use one mind with her,,that was why she keeps respecting me,,and am ready to have same mind and heart with who so ever that i love,,and love me too ...my favorite color is blue ..my favorite food is Italian food,,and my favorite sport is basket ball...i love my kid because he's my happiness,he mean a lot to me and i love him so much,i love spending time with my kid.I am 6.0ft tall,I like dogs so much.My favorite holidays are Halloween and Christmas..I enjoy long walks either in the park or on the beach. I love to read and share time with my loved one.I like respect and i like to give it our to people.i so much believe in true love,,and love at the first sight..u can ask dear u are free to ask,,,,so an u tell me all about u too,,hope to hear from u
Beware if you get this too. Ive reported it to facebook
#44964 by GomerPyle Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:49 am
I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.just like to let you know lil more about me

Doesn't it just want to make you p*ke and it demonstrate the depths to which a scammer will sink.

i lost my dad 1995 dad died on kidney prob

Having personally had kidney cancer and a nephrectomy - hearing it being used in a scam makes me want to perform a nephrectomy on him, just to show him how unfunny it is.

When you start getting biographies littered with dead relatives, you needn't go any further. It's the pre-amble to a scam.

Who starts an internet relationship listing their dead relatives ?

Non-EU citizens should go here to find out about obtaining a visa to work as an au pair in the UK
http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/doineedvisa/
Whenever payment is requested by Western Union you're dealing with a scammer
#46005 by Idiot2 Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:32 am
I also ran into this D.Fredrick Scott for Albany Taxas. When Itried to gogle him there is a Fredrick Scott in Albany but not this guy. Then when he wants you to leave facebook and open up an email he changes his name. GHe even changes the spelling of his last name. Bonduran or Bounduran. I was suspicious about him saying I had to ask that he be given a leave. So I looked up the military leave information and there is a form for soldiers to complete to ask for the leave. When I mentioned him in facebook, my sister also went looking and found this site where Deimel Fredrick Scott and Lt.Col. Robert Friedman were both mentioned and she confirmed my suspicions. I also wondered why he never answered my questions only responded saying I was his soulmate and he could not wait to see my face and hear my voice. On the leave request it asked for address and phone as well as birthdate which are also listed on facebook account can they steal your identity or hack into your accounts with just that info? Not that I have anything to take. I just don't want to be charged for anything I did not purchase.