Has someone offered you a huge sum of money or a valuable consignment? It's a 419 or advance fee fraud - find out how they work, and what to do to be safe.
Advertisement

#5118 by Ralph Thu Oct 02, 2008 5:47 am
Hi Nm and welcome to scamwarners, in a moment I will use the information you have provided to find some proof for you that this is in fact another scam.

Any of our regular visitors will know that it is but I can show you for your peace of mind.

The first thing that tells me that it is definately a scam is the email address, real lotteries would not use a free email providor to contact you :wink:

I will edit shortly (hopefully) with some search results

30 seconds later, you could try a google search for yourself on the batch number and you will get your proof, Click here instead if you like
Lottery scammers are notoriously lazy and rarely change the batch or ticket numbers so searching on that will get a result on most occasions.

Using exact search by placing quotation marks around the section you want an exact search on ("Batch:074/05/ZY369") you will get 3,300 hits, Click Here they are all related to a scam and most likely from the same scammer group

You could also search on ;

the email address click here
With email addresses you may need to remove the email providor Click Here

Or the name Click here
When searching on a name you may need to refine your search by adding extra words;
Like lottery Click here
Or "scam" Click here

Other details you could search on are;
The phone number, (I dont have it but if you do please let me know and I will add it)
name of the company Click Here
address, again, if you have it I can add it :wink:
or sections of the email Click Here

Finally, as much for my own amusement, African scammers will often mispel their own names and you dont often see them spell Brian correctly it normally is spelt by the scammers as "Brain" Click Here

If you could post some more details it may help others who try some of those searches I suggested

I have been adding a few links as I think of a few more, I will add some more if I find any of interest :wink:

#5121 by Charles Fox Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:48 am
If that's the full email, it's a very lazy scam. If I'd won that much, I'd expect at least a few lines.

And an 'approved' stamp and signature. :)

Wow! I need you and thank you for the information.

I am SO GLAD YOU BURST MY BUBBLE

So I can close this chapter with no more fretting, right? Thanks so much for your help.