Has someone offered you a huge sum of money or a valuable consignment? It's a 419 or advance fee fraud - find out how they work, and what to do to be safe.
#43725 by mark123456 Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:44 am
Hello I just want to say that as of right now I am chatting with a potental scammer her name is vivian and she is from ghana and she is going to school to be a RN , she has asked me for money already to pay for food and if I refuse she wont talk to me anymore or she would say I dont love her enough ..I have an email address from her and a travel agency by the name of micheal smith he sent me a list of charges to get her to America when should I stop talking to her she says she is a christian and she reads scriptures to me..I also have pictures of her .. :yikes:
Advertisement

#43750 by Katharina Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:56 pm
Hi Mark,
unfortunately, you are right, this is a scammer.
To allow us to explain better, and to warn others who are in contact with him ("she" is almost certainly a young man) - it would be helpful if you could post emails you received. Be sure to edit out your own name and email address, but include the scammer's email address and the header - the long lines of funny numbers and letters at the top of the message.
Best wishes
Katharina