Has someone offered you a huge sum of money or a valuable consignment? It's a 419 or advance fee fraud - find out how they work, and what to do to be safe.
#5216 by Harry Graham Mozealous Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:33 am
Message received from a Stanley Clarke, , Payment Verification Officer of the Chase National Bank, 25 Canada Square, Canary Wharf, London, E14 5LB, UK----as follows:
[quote][We are writing to confirm thw receipt of the credit instruction received from the WEMA SECURITIES &FINANCE Plc credit the outstanding sum of $7.5 Million only to your designated Bank Accountquote]
This message pertained to information that I received indicating that a relative, David Mozealous, had been killed in an auto accident in Africa and as they were seeking a relative to claim his inheritance I was discovered and they wished to assist me to receive the inheritance.
Not knowing if this was valid or not Removed Support Team member details
( Removed Support Team member details - Ralph @gmail.com) referred me to your organization.
I would appreciate any help you may be able to give me to determine if this is valid or not.

Mod edit - I have removed your name, address, phone number and email address, please don't post you personal information on the forum, not unless you want other scammers to pick your details up, and then start phoning, emailing, and writing to you with more scams - SP
Advertisement

#5218 by reno419 Mon Oct 13, 2008 12:30 pm
I really need to learn to read these posts before replying. Anyways, here goes again...

This sounds like a very typical next of kin scam. You WILL be asked to provide money to the scammer to get the money they are promising you. If you do that, you will never see any money back but will be asked to send even more money. If you could provide more information, we will be able to determine more for you.

I personally have one e-mail account that gets approximately 20 next of kin e-mails each day.

And another thing, you should not post personal information on websites, even this one. Scammers troll the internet looking for personal information. I was able to find out some information about you just from the info you provided (I thought that was the info of the person you were in contact with). Do not do that. Scammers are thieves, liars, and (in some cases) murders.

#5222 by Ralph Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:06 am
As Reno said above it is most definately a scam, Reno also gave you a pretty good rundown on how the scam works.

I have done a few searches to see if I can find some more details on that particular scam format but nothing conclusive comes up, one thing that I can tell you is that representatives of Chase National Bank use email addresses from the bank such as "persons name @ chasebank.com" and certainly not, "persons name @ yahoo.com" or "persons name @ Banker.com"

You can find more information about what we know as NOK (Next of Kin)scams by taking a look in our advanced fee fraud section.

You could also try some google searches on various details provided to you such as the email address or phone number given to you.

You may also like to take a look at this search result Click Here

If you could post more of the scammers details I can do some searching for you and it may also allow another potential victim to find this post and avoid becoming the next victim.

Lastly, it is also a great idea to remove the details of yourself and the person who refered you here, it is a precaution we take to avoid any potential danger to yourself and one we take very seriously

#5228 by Scam Patroller Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:17 am
@ Harry Graham Mozealous, I was just about to reply to the email you sent to the Scam Warners address, where you said you were having problems sending the email, but as you have now posted here, there is no need for me to send you an email.

As the members above have said, it is a definite bog standard inheritance scam email, simply delete the email and block the senders email address, but before deleting it, please post the whole email here so that any other potential victims will see it listed here as a scam email if they do a Google search after receiving it, thanks.

[edit]

As well as editing your post above, I have removed your postal address from your profile.

Remember, if it seems to good to be true, then it is.

http://www.419eater.com - http://www.aa419.org