Has someone offered you a huge sum of money or a valuable consignment? It's a 419 or advance fee fraud - find out how they work, and what to do to be safe.
#5249 by Pinky Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:11 pm
As the old saying goes . . . if it's too good to be true, it's not. Don't get sucked into advanced fee fraud by way of fake loans.
Loan Balance: $25,000.00

Loan Interest Rate: 3.00%

Loan Term: 5 years

Monthly Loan Payment: $449.22

Number of Payments: 60

Cumulative Payments: $26,953.02

Total Interest Paid: $1,953.02

Above is the loan term calculation. You shall be given a two months grace period for loan repayment. The necessary information will be provided at the closing of loan.

Note: It is our policy that borrowers pay a statutory 2.492% which is equivalent to $623 in loan processing fee.

If you are in agreement with these terms, get back so we can continue with the loan processing and necessary paper works. It usually takes about 2-3 working days to compete and transfer your loan to you. Waiting for your reply.

Regards
Alexender Davidson.

I told him I didn't want to do business with him without knowing more about him and his company. He replied:
My company name is stated below; Kindly confirm if you agree to the loan terms and wish to continue with the transaction.

Regards
Alexender Davison
CEO
Alexender&Co. Loan Firm
Canterbury, Kent, CT2 7NF, England

A web search brings up nothing (until now :twisted: ). A reputable company will certainly have a web page, or at least a company email domain and a loan officer should certainly know how to spell his own name.

This is a scam!! Beware!

Anything is possible!
Advertisement

#5259 by Ralph Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:13 am
Fake loans can be fun to play with, over at our sister site we bait these scum and we will often reply to such emails from a safe email address (an email address that shows no real information about ourselves), one case I recall was where a baiter pretending to be a 10 year old girl wanted a loan to buy a pony, of course the loan was approved and the baiter (remember as far as the scammer was concerned it was a 10 year old girl) was told to steal her dads credit card to pay for the loan fees

Yes, it is a scam and targets those who are the most desperate for some money.