Has someone offered you a huge sum of money or a valuable consignment? It's a 419 or advance fee fraud - find out how they work, and what to do to be safe.
#5298 by Obi-Wan Knievel Mon Oct 20, 2008 12:47 am
Reply-To: [email protected]
Subject: YOUR ASSISTANCE IS NEEDED TO SECURE THIS FUND
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2000 03:44:32 -0700

LUIS GERALD SOLICITORS
LAW AND PARTNER,
MORGAN,LEWIS & BOCKIUS LLB
Dear Sir/Madam,
I am Barrister Luis Gerald, a solicitor at law and a partner in Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP. I am the personal attorney to Mr. David Chase American who used to work with SHELL Oil Producing Company in Britain; Hereinafter shall be referred to as my client.

On the 20st of December 2006, my client, his wife and their only daughter were involved in a car accident. All occupants of the vehicle unfortunately lost their lives. Since then I have made several inquiries to your embassy here to locate any of my client's extended relatives, this has also proved unsuccessful. After these several unsuccessful attempts, I decided to track his last name over the Internet, to locate any member of his family hence I contacted you.

I have contacted you to assist in repatriating the fund valued at US$19.5 million left behind by my client before it gets Confiscated or declared unserviceable by the Finance Firm where this huge amount were deposited. The said Finance company has issued me a notice to provide the next of kin or have the account confiscated within the next fourteen official working days.

For the fact that I have been unsuccessful in locating the relatives for over one year now, I seek your consent to present you as the next of kin to the deceased, so that the proceeds of this account can be paid to you. Thereafter, I propose that the funds will be shared in the following ratio: 50% for me, 40% for you while 10% will be earmarked for miscellaneous expenses by both parties.

I shall ensure that all relevant information and legal documents that may be needed to actualize this transaction is provided. All I require from you is your honest cooperation to enable us see this transaction through. I guarantee you that this will be executed under legitimate arrangement that will protect you from any breach of the law.
Best Regard.
Luis Gerald
Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
LONDON, U.K.
Tel: +447045764345

Got a suspicious e-mail? Run it by The Scam Checklist to see if it's real.
Advertisement