Has someone offered you a huge sum of money or a valuable consignment? It's a 419 or advance fee fraud - find out how they work, and what to do to be safe.
#5543 by deatheater999 Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:52 pm
This is the second e-mail I've received like this-wrong name, wrong continent.
What is the scammer gaining from using my e-mail address to book hotel reservations? Identity theft?

-------

On Tue, Nov 4, 2008 at 2:27 PM, Holiday Inn Express Reservations <HolidayInnExpress> wrote:

Reservation Resources
Add to Calendar
Modify/Cancel Reservation
View All Reservations
Make Another Reservation
View Account

Other Travel Resources

Don't forget your passport!
As of January 2007, anyone traveling by air between the U.S. and Canada, Mexico, Central and South America, the Caribbean and Bermuda, will be required to present a valid passport or equivalent document. Learn more.

Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Express. Here is your reservation information.

Reservation Questions: 1 800 315 2621
Reservation Information
Your confirmation number is 69018734
Please use your confirmation number to reference your reservation.
Priority Club Rewards:
Your Priority Club Rewards number applies to this reservation.

Guest Name:
JOHN ROTT

Additional Guests:
No additional guests.

Check-In: Fri 7 Nov 2008 at 03:00 PM
Check-Out: Sat 8 Nov 2008 at 12:00 PM Add to Calendar
View/Modify/Cancel Reservation
Hotel Information
GREENSBORO-(I-40 @ WENDOVER)
Holiday Inn Express
4305 BIG TREE WAY
GREENSBORO, NC 27409
1-336-8540090 Helpful Links
Local Maps
Find Attractions
Make Another Reservation
Driving Directions:
FROM I-40 WEST, EXIT 214B, TURN RIGHT ONTO WENDOVER, GO 1/4 MILE. PROPERTY ON LEFT (CORNER OF WENDOVER & BIG TREE WAY BEHIND GAS STATION, & NEXT TO CELEBRATION STATION).

Room/Rate Information
Rate Type: Featured Rate
Rate Description: Special Savings. Day of week restrictions may apply.
Room Type: 1 KING BED LEISURE NONSMOKING - 2 PERSON(S) MAX PER ROOM
WITH 25 INCH COLOR CABLE TV HEAT AND AIR CONDITIONING AND 2 DUAL LINE SPEAKERPHONES WITH DATAPORT AND VOICEMAIL DESK WITH CHAIR RECLINER COFFEEMAKER ALARM CLOCK RADIO IRON AND BOARD HAIR DRYER
Smoking Preference: Non-Smoking
Number of Nights: 1
Number of Rooms: 1
Person(s): 2 Adult(s), 0 Child(ren)
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat

Nov 1
$85.99

Fri 7 Nov 2008 $85.99 USD
per night (1 room(s))
Total Tax † $11.18 USD
Estimated Total Price †: $97.17 USD
Rules & Restrictions
- Check-in Time: 03:00 PM
- Check-out Time: 12:00 PM

- Canceling your reservation after 6:00 PM (local hotel time) on 7 November, 2008, or failing to show, will result in a charge equal to the first night's stay per room to your credit card. Taxes may apply. Failing to call or show before check-out time after the first night of a reservation will result in cancellation of the remainder of your reservation.

- Only the reservation as entered into and confirmed by our system will be honored. Any written or printed confirmation that has been altered may be rejected by the hotel.

- As exchange rates may fluctuate from the time a reservation is made until the actual stay, the confirmed rate is guaranteed in the hotel's base currency.

? As taxes and service charges may fluctuate from the time a reservation is made until the actual stay and during the actual stay, the Total Price is an estimate. Other hotel-specific service charges may also apply. Check with hotel for details. Additional taxes may apply for hotels booked in Tokyo, Japan that exceeds 10,000JPY/person per stay.

If you are interested in receiving periodic emails with promotional offers from InterContinental Hotels Group hotel brands, please visit: http://prefctr.na.epidm.net/ihg/wws_prefctr.asp
Comments:

Have a safe and pleasant trip!

:roll: :roll: :roll:
Advertisement

#5544 by ChrisSmith Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:40 pm
It could be a phishing attempt.

I haven't entered an email into the site you've given, but my bet is that leads on to a request for your credit card details.