Has someone offered you a huge sum of money or a valuable consignment? It's a 419 or advance fee fraud - find out how they work, and what to do to be safe.
#892 by Fiesty Sat Jul 28, 2007 8:58 pm
I agree. I will simply take the entire unopened envelop when, and if, it comes along with the emails involved to the police. So you are saying that if it is in Canada it will complicate things? May I ask how so? Will taking the check to our little local police do any good? I live in a very small community. Should I take it to a larger precinct or ask them to come collect it themselves? They won't take my computer will they?

God helps those who help themselves.
Advertisement

#893 by Fiesty Sat Jul 28, 2007 8:59 pm
What you say makes a lot of sense. Thank you to everyone for this help. I am getting a lot wiser with each bit of information and perhaps I will be able to help someone else to NOT get caught like I got caught.

God helps those who help themselves.

#894 by ChrisSmith Sat Jul 28, 2007 9:07 pm
Canada doesn't complicate things for you. It just means that the scammer isn't sending the checks direct and because of this, the police might be more interested than if the checks originated in Africa. Taking the check to your local station is fine.
The police will not take your computer - you're doing them a favour!!! :)