Has someone offered you a huge sum of money or a valuable consignment? It's a 419 or advance fee fraud - find out how they work, and what to do to be safe.
#7360 by dragonheart3746 Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:42 pm
Due to an injury a few years back our credit was ruined. I found a site and they offered us a personal loan with collateral security payments of $1,771.48 on 10,000.00 at 6%. They faxed over all the documents and everything looks legit.

We fell for an advance fee for a mortgage app. a few years back so now I do research before I send any money out. I contacted the bbb, no record of the company. I contacted the county, state and Federal bureau's for there license information, just waiting to here back from them.

If any one has any information on:

Greenbridge Lending Group
Bill C. Parker CEO
Account Rep: Mark Stanford
210 Bland St.
Bluefield, WV 24701
1-888-518-1496
1-304-521-1523 fax

Please let us know. We really do need this loan amount ASAP. Thanks to all that reply.

Update 2/13/09: Received a reply back from wvsos "We do not have a company by this registered with our office" just wanted to let others know and thank you for your replied again.
Last edited by dragonheart3746 on Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Advertisement

#7361 by Dotti Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:01 am
Dragonheart,

Unfortunately, these are known advance fee scammers. They appear to be just one of a series of fake companies set up by the same group. This thread covers many of the recent advance fee scammers. http://www.scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&p=7351

Also, some points to consider, taken from this website: http://www.consumerfraudreporting.org/LoanScams.php
Legitimate offers of credit do not require an up-front payment. It’s illegal for companies doing business by phone in the U.S. to promise you a loan and ask you to pay for it before they deliver. Requiring advance fees for loans also is illegal in Canada. Although legitimate lenders may charge application, appraisal, or credit report fees, the fees generally are taken from the amount borrowed and are paid to the lender or broker after the loan is approved. Legitimate lenders may guarantee firm offers of credit to “credit-worthy” consumers, but first, they evaluate the consumer’s creditworthiness and confirm the information in the application. Canadian law enforcers caution that it is highly unlikely that legitimate Canadian lenders would take a risk on U.S. citizens whose credit problems preclude them from getting a loan in the U.S.

I'm sorry that this one is a scam, but hopefully things will start looking up!

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.
#7363 by Dan Jones Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:00 am
Dotti put it very well. I just wanted to add that I'm glad to see you learned from your previous experience.

If you have any more queries about scams, we're always here.
#7407 by Ted Baker Sat Feb 14, 2009 5:11 pm
Hi Dragonheart,

Firstly, kudos for finding us and for posting. Every potential victim that posts their story here help future victims as well as themselves. I am glad you were suspicious enough to question this, albeit due to previous problems.

We always say to those we warn and recommend to visit us here, the Search function is your best friend. IF you do your own research, then the chances are if it is a scam the search will reveal it. Agreed that this is not 100%, but the information to be found will often strengthen the suspicion.

As a matter of interest the address given is that of the American Red Cross. Both phone numbers are unlisted, and no record (on White Pages) exists for that company.
#7530 by loriD Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:52 pm
I am so glad that I searched out this company. My husband and I fell for a scheme about 4 months ago (a fraudulent Check) and I am VERY cautious now...talk about an expensive lesson learned... But I did learn. This same name "mark Stanford" also callled me yesterday. He said we had been approved for a $30,000 and would need $2900 in cash. Our loan was also 6% and was for 5 years....etc. The loan application was faxed to my workplace. It also has Bill C Parker CEO. I have it in front of me right now....Is there anything at all that we can do to get these people behind bars???? They told me that I filled out an application on the internet..the think is, I never filled out an application with them. I only filled out two (both are legit companies...I have called both companies that I filled out an application for.... I wanted to let them know that they may have hackers...What I found out is that one of those companies sends (or sells) information that they receive and can not help to ANY company that states they are a Mortgage company.... Hence, the scammers get our personal information from those companies. I am going back and rereading the privacy policy for that one company, because the first time I read it, I didn't see anywhere that they give out information. Anyway, I haven't sent any money to them and will not be sending any. If anyone knows of anything that can legally be done, please let me know.
Thanks!!

UPDATE: I have contacted the American Red Cross to let them know that their address was being used for this company. They have recently moved and the address is now a vacant building. A news report was done on their local channel last night to warn people about the company and their scam. There is also a local investigator working on this case. Let's hope that they find out who is behind this scheme!!!
#7531 by Clair Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:52 pm
Hi LoriD, Welcome to Scamwarners. It is always good to hear that the site prevented somebody from being a victim. There are a lot of these advance fee loan scams going on. Here is a link to a list of companies that have been reported: http://www.scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2034

It is scary to think that a legitimate financial company is selling/giving away the names of people to just anybody who claims to be a mortgage company. Please keep us posted if you find anything else out about that.