Has someone offered you a huge sum of money or a valuable consignment? It's a 419 or advance fee fraud - find out how they work, and what to do to be safe.
#423523 by Rynok Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:34 pm
This is another scam e-mail that I've received from "Maxi Samaniego," previously working alone and from a different e-mail (I also created another thread on the more current e-mail scam from "Maxi" and "Williams"):

Reply-to: <[email protected]>
Sent: Wednesday, November 18, 2020 2:08 PM
To: Recipients <[email protected]>
Subject: Business partnership inquiry

Hi ,

This is Maxi Samaniego, an independent & freelance business contractor. I am contacting you on behalf of my client whose identity shall not be disclosed, for now, to avoid conflict of interest reasons. My client is considering a business partnership in your country. Details of the transaction are highly confidential, and as such, I am unable to provide specifics until I confirm that this email is private to you. Let me know if this is your private email or advise how to communicate with you securely and privately. Further details with specifics will be provided accordingly in our next communication. Thank you for your time and for awaiting yours promptly.

Sincerely,

Maxi Samaniego
Advertisement