Has someone offered you a huge sum of money or a valuable consignment? It's a 419 or advance fee fraud - find out how they work, and what to do to be safe.
#7624 by joyce4491 Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:06 pm
I got a email from a company called personalcredit [email protected] telling me they could get a loan for me I had to pay a fee so they could get a broker for me 2000-4000 dollar loan 125.00 They are located at 321 dante court Holbrook NJ 631-930-6422. is this a scam joyce4491
Advertisement

#7625 by The Enchantress Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:16 pm
Joyce.

I am 100% certain that the company is a scam.

Borrowers are being advised to beware of companies that offer to arrange loans but request an upfront fee. It will be certainly be a fraudulent mass-marketed scam.

No reputable loan companies require advance fees. Only scammers ask people to pay an upfront fee with the promise of a loan.

Sadly it is mostly those with existing credit problems that fall into this trap when they are offered a solution to their money problems.

These scammers prey particularly on vulnerable individuals and promise them a low-interest loan as an easy solution, but the reality is that there is no loan and this is just a front for scammers looking to make a quick buck.

Please everyone be very wary, don’t get ripped off. Pass the word to all your friends, family, neighbours.

Photos - are scammers using yours? click here
Are you falling for a love scammer? click here
Never send money by Western Union/Moneygram.
Never give personal information.
Online anyone can claim to be anyone, any age and from anywhere.
#7627 by Jillian Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:58 pm
This is a duplicate thread, already being discussed here: viewtopic.php?p=7620#p7620

I am locking this one to keep all discussion in one place.

Have you sent a payment to a scammer with Western Union and now realize it's a scam? If the payment has not been picked up, you can cancel it immediately! 1-800-448-1492

Follow ScamWarners on Twitter: http://twitter.com/ScamWarners