Has someone offered you a huge sum of money or a valuable consignment? It's a 419 or advance fee fraud - find out how they work, and what to do to be safe.
#7652 by poor_lady88 Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:28 am
Good Day everyone..

Pls help me on what to do... huhuhu.. i'm very nervous now and anxious..

this is my story.. someone emailed me about FUND that may be transfer to me.. same story with other victims... I had a doubt b4.. but i dont know dat as email passes by, replies here and there, I HAVE GIVEN MY REAL ADDRESS... after which, i checked her address on google.. and right then and there, there were many victims of that SCAM as i should call it..

What will I do since i've given my exact home address??? PLEASE HELP ME... I Don't want to be killed or what if ever I quit with our conversation.. huhuhuhu.. help people.. please...

Thank you so much guys..
Advertisement

#7656 by The Enchantress Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:17 am
poor_lady88

Welcome to Scamwarners. Please do not worry. An adviser will soon be here to deal with your concerns.

Can you please post up some further information (not personal details) or perhaps mails from the scammer.

Click here for basic advice

Photos - are scammers using yours? click here
Are you falling for a love scammer? click here
Never send money by Western Union/Moneygram.
Never give personal information.
Online anyone can claim to be anyone, any age and from anywhere.
#7659 by Charles Fox Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:37 am
Hi, Ive answered your worries in the thread you posted in the 'Welcome' forum. I'll lock this duplicate thread or it will get confusing.

Wow! I need you and thank you for the information.

I am SO GLAD YOU BURST MY BUBBLE

So I can close this chapter with no more fretting, right? Thanks so much for your help.
#7661 by Jillian Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:08 pm
Hi Poor lady and welcome here. I'm sorry to hear what has happened to you. As Charles said, you have received advise on your other threads regarding this. I have merged the other two threads into one to keep the discussion in the same place, and moved it into "personal accounts of scams". You can find the active thread here: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=2072&start=0

Have you sent a payment to a scammer with Western Union and now realize it's a scam? If the payment has not been picked up, you can cancel it immediately! 1-800-448-1492

Follow ScamWarners on Twitter: http://twitter.com/ScamWarners