Has someone offered you a huge sum of money or a valuable consignment? It's a 419 or advance fee fraud - find out how they work, and what to do to be safe.
#434829 by Ian Page Sat Jun 25, 2022 7:33 am
Subject: New directive from government today
Received: Fri 24 Jun 2022 at 14:35

Dear: Esteemed Beneficiary
Following the president’s/senate initiative on debt reconciliation and payment, I am mandated to follow up on your contract / inheritance payment, having completed the vetting and verification process of your payment file, I do hereby confirm that your claim is 80% legitimate so far and we are working round the clock to complete the remaining 20% to ascertain truly that you did a contract in Nigeria or have an inheritance fund to claim and not a fictitious claims as we do have many of such cases here that we are treating.
We commend you for your patience and understanding over these years, however, proper measures have been put in place by the government to make sure you receive your payment this time without any further delay, but bear in mind that there is absolutely no way we can complete this assignment without your full and maximum corporation.
So, you must realize one thing which is very important that, your past experience has nothing to do with this new arrangement or method of payment of procedure that has been put in place, so you must abide by it if you really want/need this payment completed quickly.
Terms and method of payment is that your Payment is strictly by cash call system.
Personal identification and inspection of payment (This means, the payment must be made to you in person and not by proxy or wired transfer) thereby signing the payment bond (release order) in the Bank.
There is a closing cost as Tentative approval of $10.500.00 million USD has been authorized by the president himself as part payment to settle your contract payment and to help you cushion the effect you have gone through since trying to get your payment while we work on the balance in the very near further.
If you are satisfied with this arrangement, do reply immediately to have your name short listed for this operation, for this is only on first come first serve basis.
Finally, as soon as we hear from you, your payment will be effected within seven Banking days the decision is now yours and be guided.
Yours truly,
Mr. George Obi
The Chairman Foreign Debt Settlement Committee
The Presidency Federal Republic of Nigeria
Advertisement

#438262 by Link Sun Feb 19, 2023 3:59 pm
[email protected]
234-701 200 7340
234-1-476-4733

Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2023 12:52:42 -0800

Subject: From Foreign Payment and Settlement Office
To: undisclosed-recipients:;

Dear: Esteemed Beneficiary.

This is to officially inform you as our off-shore client that following the Nigerian President initiative on Foreign Debt payment along with the Nigerian senate, on Debt Reconciliation and payment, with the World Bank in collaboration with International Monetary Fund (IMF) agreement, I am mandated to follow up on your contract / inheritance payment, having completed the vetting and verification process of your payment file, I do hereby confirm to you that your claim is 80% legitimate so far and my committee are now working round the clock to complete the remaining 20% to ascertain truly that you did a contract in Nigeria or have an inheritance fund to claim and not a fictitious claims as we do have many of such cases here that we are treating now.
However, we commend you for your patience and understanding over these years, as, a proper measures have been put in place by the government to make sure you receive your payment this time without any further delays, but bear in mind that there is absolutely no way we can complete this assignment without your full and maximum corporation.
So, you must realize one thing which is very important that, your past experience has nothing to do with this new arrangement or method of payment of procedure that has been put in place, so you must abide by it if you really want/need this payment completed quickly.
Terms and method of payment is that your Payment is to be paid to you in my committee office, because it is about Personal identification before payment, This means, the payment must be made to you in person and not by proxy or wired transfer without seeing you in our office thereby signing the payment release order in our approved paying Bank here in Nigeria along with my committee members.
Meanwhile, Tentative approval of $10.500.000.00 million USD has been authorized by the president himself as part payment for you to settle your contract/ inheritance payment and to help you cushion the effect you have gone through since trying to get your payment for the past years while we work on the balance in the very near further.
If you are satisfied with this arrangement, do reply immediately to have your name short listed for this operation, for this is only on first come first serve basis and inform me when you will be in Nigeria for your payment claim and release.
Finally, as soon as we hear from you, and your arrival date to be in Nigeria your payment details will be programmed for final release into your banking details that you will supply us upon you touched down in Nigeria, the decision is now yours and be guided.

Yours truly,
Mr. George Obi
The Chairman Foreign Debt Settlement Committee
The Presidency Federal Republic of Nigeria
Direct telephone line: 234-701 200 7340.
Tel/Fax 234-1-476-4733

If you're here because you received the same email as what I posted and you're wondering if it's a scam...YES, it's a scam