Has someone offered you a huge sum of money or a valuable consignment? It's a 419 or advance fee fraud - find out how they work, and what to do to be safe.
#8363 by bozinovskin Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:47 pm
Few days ago I recive this e-mail,so can anyone tell me is this scam?

Dearest One,

Thanks for the opportunity to be your friend. I will really like to have a good relationship with you. I have a special reason why I decided to contact you. Though it is not left for me to say, but I know that I am an honest girl, trustworthy, truthful,open minded, intelligent,faithful and caring.
I decided to contact you after reading your profile because of the urgency of my situation here. My Name is Miss. Vivian Nuhan Vaye 25 years old and from Liberia , in the western part of Africa , My late Father -Issac Nuhan Vaye, was the Deputy Minister of Public Works in Charles Taylor's government. He was falsely accused of plotting to remove the then (PRESIDENT OF LIBERIA- CHARLES TAYLOR) from office. Without trial, Charles Taylor killed him.
Though, I do not know to what extent you are familiar with events and fragile political situation in Liberia as at that time. But it formed consistent headlines in the CNN, BBC news bulletins. You can verify this from some of the international newspapers posted in the web sites below:

In fact, I am constrained to contact you because of the maltreatment I am receiving from my step mother. My Father had two wives before his demise. My mother was the second; the first one couldn't raise him an issue after nine years of their marriage that emerged in him the idea of getting a second wife that happened to be my late mother. After the marriage of my mother, the first wife turned hostile and aggressive till the extent that my father had to send her packing and rented an apartment for her in the town. She came back with her things after the news of my parents' death. She has been more or less hostile to me and want to deny me of all my father's assets.

I am just like being in a wicked circle that nothing in the house pleases me.
Meanwhile, I wanted to escape to the Europe but she hide away my international passport and other valuable travelling documents. Luckily she did not discover where I kept my father's File which contains important documents. So I decided to run to the refugee camp where I am presently seeking asylum under the United Nations High Commission for the Refugee here in Dakar , Republic of Senegal . Due to my inability and lack of resources, I decided to contact you for a help please, I will be very glad if you should consider to help me please. I am contacting you for a long term business relationship and investment assistance in your Country.
My father of blessed memory deposited the sum of US$6, 500, 000.00 in a Bank here in Senegal with my name as the next of kin. When I came to Senegal , I went to the bank where my father deposited the money so that I can withdraw some money as the next of kin to the account and start a new life. Unfortunately, I was told that as a political asylum seeker that i can not personally withdraw the money. The agreement states that I should appoint a trustee/investor any time I want to take the money from the bank. I understand that the investor is to invest and manage the money for me in a good business.
So the bank officials advised me that since I am not yet 30 years and not married, I should look for someone to stand for me for claims in accordance with their agreement with my late father. This is why I contacted you. Secondly, I like your country and I want to live there and continue my education as i was in my 1st year in the university, when the crisis started and death of my parents. It is my intention to compensate you with 15% of the total money for your services and the balance shall be my investment capital. This is the reason why I decided to contact you. Please all communications should be through this email address only for confidential purposes. As soon as I receive your positive response showing your interest I will put things into action immediately. In the light of the above, I shall appreciate an urgent message indicating your ability and willingness to handle this transaction sincerely.
You can not call me on phone because I have no phone here but if you will like to speak to me on phone I will give you phone number of the Reverend Father here in the camp because I told him a little bit about my condition. When you call, tell him you want to speak to Vivian Vaye, the liberian girl. He will call me because he knows that I am staying in the female Hostel Room 76.
Awaiting your urgent and positive response. Please do keep this only to yourself. Please I beg you not to disclose these details till I come over, once the fund has been transferred.

Yours Sincerely,
Vivian Vaye
Advertisement

#8364 by Jillian Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:57 pm
Hi and welcome. Yes, that is a scam. It is advance fee fraud. Please do read the information here on the forum about advance fee fraud to learn more and ask any specific questions you have, we are glad to help.

Have you sent a payment to a scammer with Western Union and now realize it's a scam? If the payment has not been picked up, you can cancel it immediately! 1-800-448-1492

Follow ScamWarners on Twitter: http://twitter.com/ScamWarners
#8367 by GomerPyle Sat Mar 21, 2009 5:30 am
Thanks for the opportunity to be your friend. I will really like to have a good relationship with you.

Replace that with

I am a male internet scammer and thief and will say anything you want to hear if you will send me money. I copied the story about Issac Nuhan Vaye from a friend.

They tend to use standard scripts because they don't write English very well.

Search this on Google

My Name is Miss. Vivian Nuhan Vaye

The first page is entirely scams - and the chances are that the sender of the mail is a guy.

Non-EU citizens should go here to find out about obtaining a visa to work as an au pair in the UK
http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/doineedvisa/
Whenever payment is requested by Western Union you're dealing with a scammer
#8376 by Arnold Sat Mar 21, 2009 8:33 am
Many scams do blend fact and fiction so scammers can "authenticate" the scam by reference to genuine news websites
Charles Taylor is real, but Issac Nuhan Vaye and his daughter don't seem to be. It's irrelevant though as the US$6, 500, 000.00 doesn't exist.

#8479 by bozinovskin Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:43 pm
Thanks,I wass thinking that this is scam but I'v wanted to be sure.
So can anyone tell me what should I do now sholuld I ignore her/him or should I tease and play him for a while.Btw in meantime I recive another e-mail here it is(maybe it would be helpful for someone):

Dearest One,

Thanks so much for your mail, it was well understood, i am not just looking for a business man or somebody to get married to or not. Mostly i need a trustworthy man, who cares, keep to his word, sincere and honest. I don't lie and my mind never tells me lies. when i discovered you, i knew that here comes my rightful partner for this investment intention. I hope i never made a mistake? I hope my mind never lied to me? I really assure you that this transfer is 100% risk free, it will not in any way tarnish your reputation, it will leave a footprint which our generations to come will live to testify.Please you don't have to entertain any kind of fear, all i need is your cooperation.

Dear,distance or colour does not matter. Immediately the fund arrives your nominated bank account i will join you over to continue my studies.

But I wish to explain more to you in details of my position and how you have to help me, Presently i am residing here in Sénégal where i am seeking my political asylum as refugee due to the crisis in my country. I am emailing you from the office of the Rev. Father in the refugees camp, I told the Reverend Father about my situation and he permited me to access my email in his office computer twice a day, here is his office number, +221-772-634-627, you can call me and ask of Ms..Vivian Vaye from Liberia the Reverend Father will answer the phone and send for me, so that we can talk. Here in the refugees camp life is very difficult, Camp Address is: 81 Eastern NordFoir Yoff, Dakar , Senengal. Hostel 045; room 74.

About me:
1) I am a single daughter of my mother,24years old, I grew up in Liberia my country, I had my college certificate in the year 2004 and was admitted in the University in subject of Business Management before the political crisis in my country began, During the crisis I lost my late beloved father(Dr. Issac Nuhan Vaye) and my mother and so many of my family members our house was bound down, I lost all my important documents like / international passport / Birth Certificate / University ID card.

After the transferring of the money into your account : You will help me withdraw some money from the account where the money was transferred, You will help me send the money through the Reverend Father in refugees camp to get all my traveling documents to join you and have a good life with you and continue my education and for the capital investment which you have to help me for that with the support of your profession. I don't need any third party because of my step mother is a very influential women she will find out. So please let this be strictly confidential between us.

Once i get you well, i will send the bank contact details to you, so that from there you will make contact with them concerning the account and find out the possibility of transferring this fund into your position, I really appreciate your concern, waiting for your urgent response so that we can proceed. I trust in God, and i know that my help can only come from God alone through somebody like you.

please you have to Send to me Your FULL NAMES,FULL CONTACTS LIKE YOUR ADDRESSES,TELEPHONE NUMBERS ETC.For easy communicatons with me and the bank.

I expect your earnest reply soonest. Many deep kisses and happy hugs.

I CHERISH YOU
Vivian
#8507 by Ralph Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:27 pm
Hi bozinovskin
Without doing any searches, yes, it is another scam,

Could you please post an email address as well for that one.

By posting it here you have already helped to make a difference by allowing others to potentially find the truth, well done :=)