Has someone offered you a huge sum of money or a valuable consignment? It's a 419 or advance fee fraud - find out how they work, and what to do to be safe.
#1173 by Ed Williams Thu Aug 02, 2007 3:06 pm
An advance fee scam dressed up as a 'help me invest' email. Firstly, why would anyone contact you to ask for investment advice out of the blue, especially if you a dentist/fireman/plumber. The you get the standard large amount of money spiel ($4 million) and the sob story about the writer and his sister being in danger, which is meant to tug at the victims' heart strings. You are offered 15% of the money for letting the scammer transfer into your bank account and he demands confidentiality. All the hallmarks of a scammer.
He ends on
And promise me and my younger sister to be a good guardian considering our
situation and not to betray us.
which is verging on emotional blackmail for the receiver to help the writer out and is very common in this type of email.

GENUINE ASSISTANCE NEEDED
From Mr.Abdul Mustafa
Private and Confidential
Abidjan - Cote d'Ivoire.
Reply me to this e-mail Because of internet and security problem (
[email protected])

CAN YOU HELP US INVEST OUR LATE FATHER FUND?????

Dearest Beloved,

Please kindly go through this letter before you pass judgment because I am in need
of assistance. I am Mr. Abdul Mustafa the son of late Dr. Malik Mustafa from
Sierra Leone. I must confess my agitation is real, and my words is my bond, in this
proposal

My late father happens to be in control of a large number of farms including
cattle’s and many sheep before he was poisoned by his foreign business partners in
Paris with my mother in one of their farmers association meeting because of greed.

But before his death my late father deposited some amount of money outside our
country in bank at the tone of Four Million United States Dollars $4,000.000.00. So
I and my little sister are no longer safe here as the present government of Sierra
Leone are working with almost all the killers of my late father as one of them has
been just be made a minister, name undisclosed because of security reasons.

Furthermore we have contacted the bank where the money is deposited and the bankers
let us understand that they signed an agreement with our late father that the total
money must be transferred into his foreign business partner account undisclosed to
them and that is the major reason why i am contacting you now for assistance.

All I needed from you now is your full names and address including your direct and
personal telephone number for easy communication as you know that this transaction
is a very confidential one.

Please Kindly get back to me immediately after you must have gone through my message
fill free and make it urgent. That is the reason why I offered you 15 % of the total
money amount, and in case of any other necessary expenses you might incur during
this transaction.

N.B Try and negotiate for me some profitable blue chip investment opportunities
which is risky free which I can invest with this money when! it is transfered from
the bank here, personally I am interested in
1). REAL ESTATE
2). THE TRANSPORT INDUSTRY
3). Hotel MANEGEMENT
please advise me.
For more explanation write me through my alternative e-mail address (
[email protected])

And promise me and my younger sister to be a good guardian considering our
situation and not to betray us.

Thanks and God bless you and your family.
Best regards

Mr.Abdul Mustafa
Advertisement