Has someone offered you a huge sum of money or a valuable consignment? It's a 419 or advance fee fraud - find out how they work, and what to do to be safe.
#9014 by scambusters Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:08 pm
I am doing this because i don't want anyone else to be sucked in the way we were fooled.His name is Phelps Shone AKA Kassim is another name i found out from another guy in brazil who we happen to meet that he scammed.It seems as though he uses different names to run the scam but the only people that remain the same is Becky Keka his assistant that goes and collects the money and Nchong Tazem John.

Let me warn everyone he is the nicest person he will convince you that he has rough diamonds to sell he even will send you pictures to show that he has it.Then he will ask you to wire the money through money gram but not in his name but his assistant Becky Keka, why he won't put the money gram in his name is because we think it will mean he will have to give his real name which we suspect isn't Phelps shone so he can't go and pick it up himself.The passport he gave us we believe isn't his either he is using the real Phelps Shone passport.We lost over $US 500 and a laptop valued at over $US500. The other guy in Brazil lost over $US700 how he did it was that the day he was about to ship parcel of rough diamonds he contacted us saying he needed $100 dollars more so he can finalize everything we sent it and he assured us everything will be done look out for the shipping details the next day.
When we tried to contact him the next day when we didn't get anything his cellphone was off we sent numerous emails.For 4 days we tried to reach him with no avail until we decided to ask if he needed more money we got a email the next day from Becky his assistant from his email using his yahoo messenger as well stating that he got in a car accident and he in the hospital and she will take over handling our shipment she said he was able to ship it out because he got into an accident on his way to send it out.We found it rather unusual that she knew his email password to log in as well as his password to messenger to chat.Telling us that she needed the $100 more to secure the shipment since she didn't get access to the money that Phelps was suppose to ship out against our better judgement we sent it. She assured and promised us that we will get the documents in our emails by the time we waked up the next day since as they are 5 hours ahead and the same thing happen the next day when we saw nothing we tried contacting her no response phone was turned off. We got an email a couple days later because we were emailing he with not to nice things to say.Phelps aka Kassim sent us a offline message on our yahoo laughing at how stupid we are that we fall for that and he got our money and laptop.

So we just wanted to put it out there about him Phelps Shone aka Kassim or he may go by other names. His company is

Phelps Enterprise Church Street Cameroon.
Diagold.biz is his website as well as Kayzee production

He is a scammer and likes what he does and very persistant and very charming and believable He has a very genuine appeal, he will talk about joint ventures in which he will talk about trade off you supply him what you have and he will send a small parcel of rough diamonds. And how he use to operate in Dubai, he will show you business license and export licenses it all looks very real.We tried to contact authorities to put an end to his scam to no avail.So this is just a warning to others

We will post all his other documents that he is shopping around with soon, passport , business licenses etc.
Advertisement

#9034 by Arnold Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:40 am
Welcome to Scamwarners, and I'm sorry you were scammed.
We will post all his other documents that he is shopping around with soon, passport , business licenses etc.

When you do, can you please endorse them with phrases such as "FAKE", "USED BY SCAMMERS", etc, to stop other scammers reusing them. Scammers do visit this site, and even post messages sometimes.
And you may want to ask a mod to change the name you signed up with to something more anonymous.

#9039 by scambusters Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:34 am
Thanks Arnold will do, i will see if i can get my name changed.I will also put scammer or fake across the passport as well as his business documents.

I will like to share this joke i almost pee my pants with. Thanks to this site another scammer was busted.His name is Patrick Nagbeh he had sent me a nice long email and yes he was so sincere but since Phelps Shone aka Kassim i am very skeptical of any seller claiming to have rough diamond.I typed in his name in the yahoo search bar and that is how i found this site.The owner of this site deserve a bow and hats off to them.Anyways i sent him back a nice polite email and an attachment titled "Letter of intent ".In the attachment i put his picture and i sent him a message"This document should be no stranger to you" i would of love to be a fly on the wall when he opens the document and sees his passport picture.I laughed so much while i was sending it yesterday my face hurt.

Anyways just wanted to share that with you all.

Thanks for all the advice.
#9046 by Jillian Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:13 pm
Hi, and welcome. :D

Please send me a PM requesting the name change, indicating what new name you want. You'll need it for logging back in after I have changed it.

Have you sent a payment to a scammer with Western Union and now realize it's a scam? If the payment has not been picked up, you can cancel it immediately! 1-800-448-1492

Follow ScamWarners on Twitter: http://twitter.com/ScamWarners
#9483 by Ralph Wed May 06, 2009 10:12 pm
To post pictures you will first need to load them onto an image sharing site such as http://www.photobucket.com or http://www.imageshack.com either site will work fine, when you create your account, use a false name that doesn't trace back to you and edit the image to remove your own details as well as write fake on the document.

Once you have done that you will have a [img] code that you can paste into your post to load the photos.

It sounds complicated but it really is fairly easy once you work it out the first time.

Give it a go but if you do have any trouble you can email me the images and I can do it for you, if you do email them to me, please help me by including a link to this thread in your email.

You will find my email address below
#9501 by scambusters Thu May 07, 2009 9:22 pm
Hello Guys:

As promised these are the documents Phelps Shone aka Kassim A Kayzee he is using to shop around with:

Also proof that got a laptop from us in March and he used his scam partner - Nchong John Tazem to collect it a DHL customs bond in Douala...here's the following link with the tracking report:

http://track.dhl-usa.com/TrackByNbr.asp?nav=TrackBynumber&ShipmentNumber=8691670562

Also stay tuned the copies of reciepts on money that was sent to him via money gram in canada and western union in the USA.

Plus he have the nerve to be sending us threats since as we posted this scam warning. Please be aware that he is currently working on another website with limited or NO contact details (he will just put an email form that hides his identity).

Note to BUYERS:

- Cameroon and Nigeria is not know for high reserves in Gold and Rough Diamonds. If they claim that they got it from another country...please clarify how did they go about the getting document such as KPC etc. in other words they should be able to foward you a copy of a recent transaction
- He may really have a few rough diamonds that he is taking photos of them in his hands with name Kassim Phelps hand written in his hand palm in order to appear that he is for REAL but that's where the scam begins in that now that you see evidence of the stones in his hands then you may convince to send the money upfront...for e.g. he asks for small amounts like $100 to $300US then after he dissappears for a while then contact you under the same email but as his assistant - BECKY or Nchong or maybe one of the fake name that he uses asking for more money like $200US to completed the transaction becuase he will claim that he got involve in an accident on his way to ship the goods or some other tragedy occured so his assist take over (its the same scammer)
- do not engage in any barter with anyone
- do not release copies of your IDs such as passport, driver's license etc.
- do not release your banking details or copies of checks that are void as well as pay pal account info (pay pay does not exist in most african countries)
- all the above info are tools for scammers to shop around and change their identities
#13096 by latma Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:53 am
these guys are still active - absoulute fraudsters and scammers. NEVER do business with any of them including Goldiams, Walking Daimonds operating with variuos names. They were able to collect western Union payments and Moneygram payments WITHOUT receiving any details other than who sent the funds! Will post their latest documents and passport copies here
#13105 by The Enchantress Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:25 pm
Welcome to Scamwarners latma.

Thank You in advance for posting any information that will help alert and save others from being scammed.

Well Done :=)

Photos - are scammers using yours? click here
Are you falling for a love scammer? click here
Never send money by Western Union/Moneygram.
Never give personal information.
Online anyone can claim to be anyone, any age and from anywhere.
#13690 by Nickagstscammers Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:54 am
FYI..... Phelps Shone is not to be mixed up with Kassim from Kayzee Gems. Kassim is a personal friend and business associate of mine, I have done business with Kassim and Kayzee gems before and have nothing but good reports about him. This guy Pehlps has contacted Kassim posing as a ligitimate buyer from the USA and requested pictures from Kassim of which he sent. He uses the pictures because the pictures Kassim has is of real rough diamonds. Anyone who wishes to purchase rough diamonds, you can contact me directly on my cell Phone number removed Ralph and I can explain how the process works in several African countries. Kassim from Kayzee is a great guy so please do not let some ignorant low life tarnish his image...
#15795 by kayNG Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:40 am
Hi All

I have been wrongly accussed of a crime I didnt commit...

You posted a scam report on scammer.com and on Alibaba.com

My name and website is been mixed up with the orginal scam.

I have tried to contact original poster but he is not responding.

You (poster) was scammed by PHELPS SHONE KAYZEE in Cameroon but when posting a report posted my name KAYZEE KASSIM Alabi of kayzee products and gems ltd as collaborating with the fraudster..

I don't know Phelps Shone Kayzee nor you the poster, phelps shone is an impersonator, doing it because he gets different pictures on my stock on the internet I believe.

FOR CLARIFICATION:

(1) Have you (poster) exchanged any mail concering the deal you were scammed on with Kassim in Nigeria whose mails are [email protected] or [email protected] if you have or from www.kayzeeonline.com please let us see it as it came to you with the header.

Have you at anytime exchanged mails with this aliaba member ID (me)

(2) I cant remember exchanging any mail with you (poster), I believe the fraudster. Copied/stole my pictures from alibaba posing as me to scam you , he is impersonating me.
(3) My own ads link /alibaba ID are :
http://www.alibaba.com/member/kayzee777.html

(4) THE SCAMMER’S ads link

http://www.diagold.biz/index.htm
http://www.tradeindia.com/Seller-211080 ... agold.html
http://kayzee1.en.ec21.com/company_info.jsp

(5) As you can see on the scammer’s pasport non of the names on it is Kassim
(6) I dont have any office or business partner in cameroon
(7) If you take your time to look at all this closely, you did not call me in Nigeria, you did not exchange any mail with me Kassim.
(8) When you sent him the money the money I am sure he did not ask you to send with the name kassim, you did lets see a copy of the payment.

To be fair and Just

I want my ads links/website and email addresses to be removed from this post
http://www.alibaba.com/member/kayzee777.html
[email protected] or [email protected]
www.kayzeeonline.com

, because KASSIM ALABI OF KAYZEE PRODUCTS AND GEMS LTD is the one that scammed you.

M

Please be fair with justice I am not a scam.

Wait for you response.

Regards
Kassim
#15799 by Jillian Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:14 pm
Hi KayNG and welcome. Thank you for posting your information here. Please know that we often have the information of legit people posted here with the specification that it is being used by a scammer. It does help people. Which post in particular are you wanted altered? Scammers use fake names all of the time, every name posted here is not the actual name of a scammer but a name he is using for scamming. PLease let me know, specifically, which link or post you are concerned by and we will investigate this and make sure that our information is accurate.

Have you sent a payment to a scammer with Western Union and now realize it's a scam? If the payment has not been picked up, you can cancel it immediately! 1-800-448-1492

Follow ScamWarners on Twitter: http://twitter.com/ScamWarners