Has someone offered you a huge sum of money or a valuable consignment? It's a 419 or advance fee fraud - find out how they work, and what to do to be safe.
#1304 by benjamin Sat Aug 04, 2007 12:01 pm
This transaction is totally free of risk and troubles as the fund is legitimate and does not originate from drug, money laundry, terrorism or any other illegal act.

... means exactly the opposite

From Dr. Guliba Sanfarr.
Private E-Mail: [email protected]
Direct Tel: +229 97- 687- 751.
Cotonou Benin Republic.

Please accept my sincere apologizes if my email does not meet your business or personal ethics. I will first introduce myself as Dr. Guliba Sanfarr, the Chief Auditor in a well known Bank, here in Cotonou Benin Republic.

One of our accounts, with holding balance of usd $21,300,000 (Twenty-One Million Three Hundred Thousand United States Dollars) has been dormant and last operated three years ago. From my investigations and confirmation, the owner of the said account, a foreigner by name John Shumejda died on the 5th of January 2002 in a plane crash in Birmingham.

You can view this CNN website for details on the crash.

http://edition.cnn.com/2002/WORLD/europ ... and.plane/ <http://edition.cnn.com/2002/WORLD/europe/01/04/england.plane/>

Since then, nobody has done anything as regards the claiming of this money, as he has no family member that has any knowledge as to the existence of either the account or the funds; and also Information from the National Immigration also states that he was single on entry into the UK.

I have confidently discussed this issue with some of the Bank Officials and we have agreed to find a reliable foreign partner to deal with. We therefore propose to do business with you, standing in as the next of kin of these funds from the deceased and funds released to you after necessary processes have been followed.

This transaction is totally free of risk and troubles as the fund is legitimate and does not originate from drug, money laundry, terrorism or any other illegal act.

On your interest, let me hear from you or you can call me on my private telephone number........ +229 97- 687-751.

Kindly get back to me through my Alternative E-mail ( [email protected] )

Warm Regards,
Dr. Guliba Sanfarr.
+229 97 687 751.
Cotonou, Benin Republic
Advertisement

#1375 by dlcooper Mon Aug 06, 2007 8:03 am
Here's some more "claim as his next of kin" nonsense. In terms of red flags, it resembles a field of poppies.

This scammer apparently needs an "alabi".
Received: from [80.248.71.115] by web63012.mail.re1.yahoo.com via HTTP
From: "SENIOR BARRISTER LAWATI L.ZOUHIR" <[email protected]>
To: [email protected]
Subject: READ THIS MESSAGE AND REPLY QUICKLY
Return-Path: [email protected]

Dear Sir/Madam,

With all due respect to your personality, I request that you do not feel too disturbed as I know that business of this nature will surely make oneapprehensive. I also plead that if this proposal does not suit your convenience, please, do not be compelled to go on against your wish but you may politely write to me of your refusal. May I plead that you also do not use it as an advantage to spite my own personality. God bless you as you co-operate.

I write to solicit your utmost confidence, knowing fully well that we have neither known nor met each other before.

I am Barrister Dr.Lawati L. Zouhir a solicitor at law. I am the personal Attorney/Lawyer to Late Engr. Mr. Ferras Knyszewski Jan, who was a national of Poland. He was the owner of Ferras Engineering and Consultants Company Sarl, here in Lome Togo, West Africa. Unfortunately, he died on the 12th of July 2000, in a ghastly motor accident with his only wife and daughter while going for a picknic along the express road in the Northern area.
My client (Mr. Ferras Knyszewski Jan), from the proceeds of his business, deposited a fixed sum of (US$8.7 M) Eight Million seven hundred thousand Dollars Only, with a first class bank here in Lome, Republic of Togo. This deposit has matured since 2005 nd has called for reinvestment.

The bank has written to me severally seeking my onsent to reactivate this account or present the next f kin of my deceased client. This amount of USD8.7M ill be confiscated by the bank if I do not act ccordingly as it has exceeded the maximum 8 years duration cannot do this on my own being a native and his personal Lawyer.

Since my client's death and coupled with the bankk's ressure, I have made frantic efforts to locate any existing members of his family, but all my search and efforts were not successful. I later found out that he and no known relation and never made out his will to any body I was the only person with whom he confided his business and all affairs in.

As a result of this, I urgently need an alabi and asistance from you as a foreign national whom can claim as his next of kin so that we can transfer this fund into your own bank and account for investment. I have the necessary legal documents that can be used to back up any claim we may make since Engr. Mr. Ferras Kyszewski Jan, was my trusted client. All I require is you honest co-operation to enable us see this business through guarantee that this business will be executed under a legitimate arrangement that will protect you from any breach of the law. We shall discuss a veritable sharing ratio in our next mail if you consent to this business.

Please get me to enable us proceed further. I urgently await your reply to give you more information.

Thanks and be blessed.

Barrister
Dr.Lawati L Zouhir

Probably this email did indeed originate in Lome (Togo).

Never trust a smiling duck.

#1438 by dlcooper Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:28 am
No specific mention of "next of kin" .... but my email address was supposedly stated in someone's WILL.

As if!

Received: from [10.10.1.21] (Forwarded-For: [62.56.151.11])
by ms-mss-06.southeast.rr.com (mshttpd)
Date: Wed, 08 Aug 2007 12:49:45 +0100
Subject: Dear beneficiary
Reply-to: [email protected]
Return-Path: [email protected]

Dear beneficiary,

On behalf of the Trustees and Executor of the Estate of Late Engr.
John Ferguson; I once again try to notify you as my earlier letter was
returned undelivered. I hereby attempt to reach you again by this same
email address stated on the WILL. I wish to notify you that late
Engr. John Ferguson made you a beneficiary to his WILL.

He left the sum of Seven Million One Hundred Thousand Dollars (USD
$7,100,000.00 ) to you in the codicil and LAST TESTAMENT TO HIS WILL.
Being a widely travelled man, he must have been in contact with you
in the past or simply you were recommended to him by one of his
numerous friends abroad who wished you good. Engr.John Ferguson until
his death was a member of the Helicopter Society and the Institute of
Electronic & Electrical Engineers. He was a very dedicated Christian
who loved to be involved in charitable projects. His great
philanthropy earned him numerous awards during his life time. Late
Engr.John Ferguson died on the 13th day of December, 2004 at the age
of 80 years, and his WILL is now ready for execution.

According to him this money is to support your humanitarian
activities and to help the poor and the needy in our society.

Please if I reach you this time as I am hopeful, endeavour to get back
to me as soon as possible to enable me conclude my job. I hope to
hear from you in no distant time.

Yours in Service,
BARRISTER .C.MOTLEY ESQ
Phone: 009 44 702 403 5568
Email Address: [email protected]

62.56.151.11 appears to be provided by RAYCON NIGERIA

Never trust a smiling duck.