Has someone offered you a huge sum of money or a valuable consignment? It's a 419 or advance fee fraud - find out how they work, and what to do to be safe.
#9881 by Ted Baker Fri May 22, 2009 6:34 am
Typical Advanced Fee (419) Scam

Initial email
Sent: 21 May 2009 22:00
To: undisclosed-recipients
Subject: READ THIS CAREFULLY.

Public Bank Berhad.
Menara Public Bank
146, Jalan Ampang
50450 Kuala Lumpur
Malaysia.
+60102950165

My sincere apologies because i do not want this letter to cause any form of irritation whatsoever, so i would demand a high level of maturity from you while reading this letter.

Let me seize the moment by introducing myself, My name is Mr. Wang Lee Tsai Head of Operation of Public Bank Berhad here in Malaysia (South East Asia). I am proposing a very high profiled business to you with returns very lucrative. In the pursuit of this business, your assistance would be highly required to transfer huge amount of Cash from Malaysia to your country. Everything concerning this transaction shall be legally done without hitches. You would be given more information upon your response to this correspondence.

Your response would go a long way for us deciding the sharing ratio, which is flexible and can be negotiated. But this transaction requires utmost confidentiality, so please, endeavour to observe utmost discretion in all matters concerning this issue.

Once again i apologise if this letter cause any form of irritation, but if you are not interested delete this email immediately and do not hunt me because I am putting my career and the life of my family at stake with this venture. Although nothing ventured is nothing gained.

Your earliest response to this letter will be appreciated.Please send your response to my private email address as stated below should you be interested.

Kind Regards,

Mr.Wang Lee Tsai
[email protected]

Obvious scam.

Reasons: 1. Look at the "TO:" on line 3
2. Why the different email addresses?
3. If its legal, why would his career and life be in danger?

I did a search for the telephone number supplied. It pulled 4 hits on Google, all of them sites related to scams (reporting of, not running of).

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE - always do your own searches before even considering replying to such emails.
Advertisement