Has someone offered you a huge sum of money or a valuable consignment? It's a 419 or advance fee fraud - find out how they work, and what to do to be safe.
#10332 by carmen_vega Sat Jun 06, 2009 10:08 pm
Hello, I have received many UK job offers as an au pair, I registered myself in greataupair.com, many of those mails were obviously scams, but recently I received one that seems very real and convincing so I could use some experience and professional help, this email has some attachments and includes a TFLL agreement form for Au pairs, as well as a PDF copy of the VAF2 form provided by the UK border agency. Besides I have submited the e-mail to the scamometer and looked up in google for the name of the person, the so called Dr. Ken Sinclair, and parts of the e-mail he sent me and nothing has proved positive as a con. He told me he would pay every expenses of my traveling documents and visa as well as the work permit, so he is not asking for any payment in advance or money gram/western union transfer. He referred me to a family lawyer Jane McKenzie, working for the Law Firm Limited, this "lawyer" is telling me to sign a contract/agreement to guarantee that I will work and the conditions of my job. I am very confused and I do not know if I should trust or not I really need help, I will attach the emails in the order that he sent them...

Part time Live-in Male or female Aupair/Nanny Required For Our Two Kids In London?
De: Dr Ken Sinclair (Host family) ([email protected])
Enviado: domingo, 31 de mayo de 2009 11:42:36 a.m.
Para:

Dear Au Pair

This is the Ken Sinclair family from London, We are looking for someone fun and active with bags of energy and who has lots of initiative to take care of our two kids whilst my wife and I are not at home. You need to be passionate about children, not just seeing this is a 'job'. You’d need to be happy bathing the kids, as well as entertaining them, maybe devising some sort of weekly timetable of activities etc. They are very active and don't like to sit still for long, although they do have a love of books. During mummy's day(s) and/or afternoons off you would be required to help my wife with the kids and accompany them on outings.... Weekends would be your free time. Core hours are from 9am to 4.30pm. You'd need to be flexible enough to help out on those evenings.. We also need someone who is generally quite flexible in case anything arises which means we may need a few extra hours - we will try to give as much notice as possible if this happens! Our house is in its own grounds and has an attached and a separate annex. Downstairs it is open plan, with a triple height living space. We have a very large garden with several fruit trees and plenty of lawn. Our au pair will have their own room with bathrooom, with TV, desk and chair, and an internet enabled laptop DVD and a deck. We also have a gym which you could use at leisure. We also would like you to know weekeneds shall be free although we're quite happy if you want to read a book or watch a movie too or either travel to see friends and family... A little housework would be required as we have a cleaner, but you would be required to use your initiative in terms of keeping areas clean and tidy, loading/unloading dishwasher etc. Some level of cooking experience/knowledge is preferred as you'd need to prepare lunch for the kids, yourself and my wife.

I have my own business and also a part time Dr and work very long hours. My wife is a self-employed designer and PA and is also studying interior architecture, hence our need for an au pair to help with the children. We really want someone who is happy to be a part of the family .

NOTE: If you are a part of the Eu citizens you wount need a visa nor working permits ..but if you are not an Eu citizen you will certainly need a visa and working permits which i am ready to take care of it through my legitimate lawyer so that you can come over soon..

Salary: 2000 pounds per four weeks and 200 pounds per week for pocket money
working hours: Weekends would be your free time. Core hours are from 9am to 4.30pm
Minumum time of work: 2 months
Maximum time : 12 or 18 months
Expected time of arrival: July, August, September ,November or December 2009

Here is my address: 32 Bolingbroke Grove,Greater London,SW11 6HN,United Kingdom
You can contact me on [email protected]
Look forward to hearing from you soon,

Ken Sinclair

This is the second mail i received:

Agreement?
De: Ken Sinclair ™ ([email protected])
Enviado: miércoles, 03 de junio de 2009 02:03:30 a.m.
Para: xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello xxxxxxxx
Thanks for getting back to me and showing you really want to come and take care of my kids in London , well let me start by saying My kids are 3 and 7 years of age (Brad and LIlly) and my wife's name is Anna, but firstly i am ready to shoulder all your travel expenses to UK if you would need a visa, working permits,tax ,insurance and also go for English training with tickets to London, but you will have to go into an agreement/contract with me and my lawyer due to my previous experience with au pair's, i have once paid for an au pair couple to London before but they ran away even before i got to the airport to pick them up at the London heathrow airport and really let me down..this fact existing, that so many girls/boys, men/women are using such au pair job propositions just to get papers and to find someone, who will cover their travel expences to UK, and afterwards, you get no news from them anymore so i have discussed this issue with my lawyer and my wife and we have agreed and decided that anyone who wishes to work for me by taking care of my kids must go into an agreement/contract with my lawyer and my lawyer will be the one to take care of all your travel documents in the legal way rather than depending on travel agencies who can easily rip people... so let me know if you are willing to go into agreement with me and my lawyer in a legit way so that i can tell you more about my kids, our family and also to introduce you to my lawyer who will take care of your travelling documents to come to London which i shall pay for..Tell me more about your self what you do for living, your likes and dislikes and if you have ever been an au pair before or if you would like to study English or any other course while working for me here...I am also looking for someone who can start working from this May or June ,July September to December 2009 and i will need you to stay for atleast for this summer or 2, 4 or 8 months or more than that... My family pictures will be sent later and i will also be waiting to hear from you sonnest because we need to know if you are serious and willing to work for us.

Here is my address again : 32 Bolingbroke Grove,Greater London,SW11 6HN,UK

Ken

This is the third mail:

Contact my lawyer about the agreement?
De: Ken Sinclair ™ ([email protected])
Enviado: miércoles, 03 de junio de 2009 11:48:29 p.m.
Para: xxxxxxxxxxx
Hello xxxxxxxxxxx
I am not really good at witting long letters but i will just like to write few things here that am glad you want to come to London to take care of my two kids.. Well i have a younger sister whom was taking care of my little kids before but she got married last year December, We do practice our religion too which is Christianity and we do go to the Church every Sunday but it is not compulsory if you dont want to go to the church with us because we are catholics and non of my family members has allergies so its not a problem if you to the church with us or not has everyone has his or her own beliefs, the kids also love football ( soccer) and we all support the Manchester United football club and what about you do you love foot ball and what club do you support? I hope thats describe a little about my family?
As i have told you before you will have to go into an agreement and sign with my lawyer due to my past experience with a couple au pair whom i invited and all they did was not to arrive at the airport i was waiting to pick them up but ran away...I want you to know that London is a very good and interesting place to live with easy access to the sights of London. Right now i want you to contact my lawyer and notify her you are being directed from me as my next au pair and she will let you know what to do to get to work for me concerning the agreement/contract which must be made by you.In no wasting of time and i will pay for your documents to be process including the flight expenses if you would need one. Here is her email address, [email protected] I will be waiting to hear from you as soon as you go into an agreement with my lawyer.. Here is my lawyers email address again [email protected]

Ken

This is the "lawyer's" mail:

YOU ARE WELCOME TO YOUR FAMILY/AU PAIR/NANNY LAW FIRM?
De: FAMILY LAW FIRM ([email protected])
Enviado: sábado, 06 de junio de 2009 05:46:24 a.m.
Para: xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Datos adjuntos: 2 archivos adjuntos Análisis antivirus de Windows Live OneCare
vaf2PDF.pdf (122.5 KB), THE TFLL ...doc (28.5 KB)
YOU ARE WELCOME TO YOUR FAMILY/AU PAIR/NANNY LAW FIRM

http://www.lawfirmuk.net/english/img/pic_immigrat1.gif
IF YOU ARE AN EU CITIZEN OR YOU ALREADY HAVE A VISA ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS TO FOLLOW HE AGREEMENT FORM ONLY AND LEAVE THE VISA FORM.

The UK work permit scheme is still one of the best ways of gaining entry to the UK. However, you need an employer first. And it so good you have one but firstly you need to enter an agreement with our law firm due to the rules and regulations abiding to our company and which gives us the legal opportunity in obtaining a fast Au pair working permit visa for you within a short period of time...
We were also been notified by your employer Mr Ken Sinclair that he will be the one sponsoring your fees for any kind of documents needed in other for you to work legally as an aupair for him in the United Kingdom, so you have nothing to worry about all you have to do is to sit tight read and sign the agreement form attached to this mail and get back to us immediately ...

Au Pairs 1. Introduction
This is an immigration category made especially for nationals of certain countries who intend to learn English language by living with an English speaking family. There are certain conditions of this scheme, which needs to be fulfilled in order to, make a successful Au pair entry clearance application.

2. Essential Conditions to fulfil for a successful Au Pair application

* Only nationals of Eu countries can apply under this scheme without a visa nor a working permits:
* The applicant must intend to come to the UK to live as a member of an English speaking family with appropriate opportunities to learn English language or any other course.
* The applicant must get at least 2 days off and vacations too.

3. What Documents to Submit?
An au pair entry clearance application must be accompanied by certain documentary evidences to prove that the applicant meets all the necessary requisites of this scheme. These documents may be:

* A letter of invitation by an English speaking family in the UK who invites the applicant to come and join them as an Au pair.
* Any other documentary evidence that all arrangements are made regarding the availability of an English speaking family who is willing to accommodate the applicant.

This is not an exhaustive list and the British Diplomatic post may need to ask for further information / documentary evidence. However, in addition to the above documents the applicant needs to provide the following:

* Scanned original international passport of the main applicant or ID card.
* One scanned photo picture of the main applicant
* Your passport number to book your flight tickets
* Your full name and current address

IMPORTANT NOTICE :

IF YOU ARE AN EU CITIZEN OR YOU ALREADY HAVE A VISA ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS TO FOLLOW THE AGREEMENT FORM ONLY AND LEAVE THE VISA FORM AND SUBMIT YOUR DOCUMENTS ONLY BY SENDING THEM BACK TO THIS SAME E-MAIL ADDRESS.

Visa form for non EU citizen only: Print out the visa form out, fill the required places in the visa form like (WORKING PERMIT HOLDER) and get back to us with the scanned copy.

Agreement for m: You have to also read carefully especially number's 1 to 5 of the agreement form because they contain the rules and regulations which allows us to go into an agreement with you legally and help you obtain the visa and working permits if you are not an Eu citizen ..read and sign at the last page only if you are ready to go into an agreement with our law firm

NOTE: Make sure you read the agreement form very well before submitting it especially number 1 to 5 because they contain what must be done before you will be allowed to work for Mr Ken and he will pay for all the processing of your documents, eg (Visa, Working permits, Tickets, Insurance, Tax,Internet connection fees, English learning school Fees and so on)

regards
Attn: Jane McKenzie
LAW FIRM LIMITED FOR FAMILY/NANNY/AU PAIRS

I REALLY NEED HELP, I WILL BE POSTING THE TWO ATTACHED DOCUMENTS... THANK YOU VERY MUCH...

Removed personal information of poster and cleaned up coding -Jillian
Advertisement

#10333 by carmen_vega Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:05 pm
HERE ARE THE DOCUMENTS ATTACHED TO THE MAIL OF THE SUPPOSED LAWYER...

THE TFLL Agreement FORM FOR AUPAIR/NANNY

Welcome to The Law Firm immigration Limited Practice for Au pair/nanny, an e-based UK law firm, specializing in all aspects of family law and immigration law. We pride ourselves on being slightly different from the norm and a United Kingdom law firm, its successors and assignees ("The Law Firm immigration Limited TFLL") and the undersigned au pair, ("I", "me" or "my"),

………………………………………………………………………………
Please write your full name above
for good and valuable consideration, understand and agree to the following terms and conditions relating to the au pair’s participation in The Law Firm immigration Limited TFLL law firms..

1. In addition to the terms of this Agreement, I agree to abide by additional reasonable terms and conditions stipulated by TFLL during the Program year.
If there is any confusion between this Agreement and the terms of any other contracts, agreements, or materials of any kind, the terms of this Agreement shall prevail.
2. I understand that I may not use the family’s automobile(s) for any reason without express permission from the host family and that any agreement to use the host family’s automobile is strictly between the host family and me. I will not use the automobile unless the host family has obtained all of the mandatory automobile insurance coverage required under the laws of the land where the host family resides for me.
3. I shall submit a refundable commitment fee deposit of 300 Great Britain pound (GBP) when submitting the agreement form . This fee will be refunded after the successful arrival of me at my host family residence due to his past experience with au pairs, unless forfeited in accordance with this Agreement. .
4. I understand that I may be terminated from the Program if I do not successfully complete the program years or months agreed by me and my host family with TFLL for reasons including but not limited to: if I leave the host family without prior consent from TFLL; if I am removed from the Program at the discretion of TFLL in accordance with
Paragraphs 11 and/or 12 of this Agreement; if I do not fully complete my program years or months with my host family or violate rules or if I in any way violate this Agreement. Such termination will result in the following:

a. I will forfeit the refundable commitment fee deposit; and
b. I will forfeit the return ticket and I will be required to make my own arrangements to return to my home country at my own expense; and
c. I will no longer be the responsibility of the host family or of The Law Firm immigration Limited, TFLL; and
d. My TFLL insurance coverage will no longer be valid and no part of it refunded; and
e. My status will be reported to U.K. Immigration and my Au pair visa will no longer be valid; and
f. TFLL will not provide me with housing in the UK.

5. (Optional) I agree to attend and actively participate in all child safety and child development training and orientation sessions sponsored by TFLL.
6. I shall familiarize myself with all (if any) visa requirements. I shall obtain necessary documents (e.g. a valid passport) prior to departure and shall not enter my host country without a proper visa (if required)..
7. I will abide by all local, state and federal laws and other regulations.
8. I will not buy, sell, possess, or use any controlled or illegal substances, and will only use medications as prescribed to me and approved by a treating physician. I understand that I may only consume alcohol if I am of legal drinking age, and if am of legal drinking age, I agree not to consume alcoholic beverages to excess at any time or to drive under the influence of alcohol. I further agree not to consume alcoholic beverages nor smoke at any time while I am on duty taking care of the kids.
9. I will accept any cultural differences in the spirit of cultural exchange. I agree to comply with the program regulations ("Regulations") issued by the United Kingdom Government. I acknowledge receipt of a copy of the Regulations as they apply to me.
10. I understand that it is my responsibility and I agree to pay any personal expenses which I incur while participating in the Program, including but not limited to, health expenses not covered by insurance, phone bills and/or car damages. If I leave the host family with unpaid bills, I understand TFLL will have the right to withhold my commitment fee deposit until I have paid the host family. TFLL will not be held responsible for any financial disputes I have with my host family such as outstanding money for educational component, weekly stipend, etc. I understand that I must settle all disputes directly with my host family.
11. I agree to notify the staff of TFLL in case of disagreement, misunderstanding or serious problems including but not limited to my health, safety, welfare, adjustment to my host family, school, culture or language, or misunderstandings or problems with my host family. If placement and/or participation in the program is deemed unsatisfactory by TFLL for whatever reason, TFLL will reassess my suitability for future placement. If a recommendation for future placement cannot be provided by either my host family, my Local Childcare Coordinator at TFLL, I understand my participation in the Program will be terminated and be subject to the standard termination procedures outlined in this Agreement. Au pair placement is a U.K. government designated exchange program
12. In situations where I am having problems with my host family, I agree to consult with and meet with TFLL representatives and to follow TFLL mediation guidelines as outlined in the Au Pair Handbook. If the problems cannot be resolved and I am recommended for future placement, I understand
that, at TFLL discretion, TFLL will use reasonable efforts for two weeks to find another host family for me. I recognize that TFLL may not be able to find a new placement for me. I agree to be flexible regarding my replacement in terms of, including but not limited to, state, region, and car use and I shall remain in contact with TFLL at all times. During such time, I shall continue to live with my current host family who, in its discretion, may request me to provide, or not to provide, any childcare services. If I do not perform childcare duties during the transition period (even if I am staying with a host family) I understand that I will not receive the weekly stipend. I understand that TFLL cannot guarantee a new family placement for me within the two-week transition period, or that I may not be recommended for a new placement, which will result in my termination from the program and early return to my home country.
13. I agree to perform the child care responsibilities outlined by my host family to the best of my ability, and make every effort to act as a caring, responsible host family member, and will abide by the host family’s household rules.
14. I am expected to depart and return on the date and time arranged by TFLL. Special requests may be considered, however additional fees may apply
and these costs will be my responsibility. I understand that TFLL cannot book my return flight tickets for a date later than thirty (30) days after the completion of my program year. I am responsible for my own transportation to the specified departure gateway in my home country. I understand that if I
make a change to my ticket (departure from home country and/or return ticket to home country) after it has been booked, I will be responsible for paying a GBP100 change fee well as any additional airline penalties.
15. I agree to irrevocably, unconditionally, and fully remise, release and forever discharge TFLL and its affiliates; and said persons’ respective officers, directors, successors, assigns, attorneys, insurance companies, agents, employees and affiliates, or others to the extent acting or purporting to act on the afore mentioned persons’ behalf (all of said persons hereinafter, in the aggregate, being referred to as "Released Parties"), from any and all claims or causes of action which I have or may hereafter have, which arise out of injury, damage or loss of any other kind to me or my property resulting from participation in the Program. This includes, without limitation, my performance of services for and involvement with the host family, regardless of how such injury, damage or loss may arise. I further agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any losses, claims, damages or liabilities related to or arising out of my participation in the Program, including (without limitation) any injury or damage to me, that my host family causes, that any third party causes, that I cause or to which I contribute, and any injury or damage to my host family which I cause or to which I contribute.
16. This Agreement shall take effect as a sealed instrument under and shall be governed by the laws of United Kingdom. In the event of any claim, dispute, or proceeding arising out of the relationship of me and TFLL, or any claim which in contract, tort, or otherwise at law or in equity arises between the parties, whether or not related to this Agreement, the parties submit and consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the courts of United Kingdom.
17. I shall receive a salary of 2000 pounds per four weeks and a pocket money of 200 pounds per week and also work from Mondays to Fridays from 9am to 4:30 pm everyday and be free on every Saturdays and Sundays including holidays or whenever I wish to go and see my family in my home country.
18: My host family Mr. Ken Sinclair will be responsible for my traveling expenses (return flight tickets) no matter what country I will be departing from including my visa and working permits if I am found to need one.
19: I shall work by taking care of Mr. Ken Sinclair kids for 2,3,4 months or any maximum time agreed by my host family.
20: Writing my name on this agreement form indicates acceptance of this Agreement and is legally binding. No alterations to the terms of this agreement will be valid unless approved in writing by Cultural Care Au Pair. If any provisions of this agreement shall be deemed unenforceable, such clause shall be omitted and the remainder of the agreement shall be valid and enforceable to the fullest extent allowed by law.

HERE IS YOUR HOST FAMILY ADDRESS BELOW

32 Bolingbroke Grove, Greater London,SW11 6HN,United Kingdom

Au pair name in full verifies your signature or you can print out this last page and sign below.

Date: ____________________

Lawyer’s signature

Date: ____________________

Lawyer: Jane McKenzie
Email: [email protected]
Address: 180 Tottenham Court Road London W1T 7PD, United Kingdom

NOTICE THAT THE ADDRESS OF THE LAW FIRM IS REAL AND THE LAW FIRM DOES EXIST, SO IS THE WEBPAGE http://www.lawfirmuk.net

THE OTHER DOCUMENT CAN BE DOWNLOADED FROM THIS WEBSITE:

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/resources/en/docs/1903073/vaf2

is a border agency document, that was sent to me by the "lawyer" but I can easily find it on the internet...

Hoping to hear from you soon....

THANKS
#10334 by Ralph Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:21 pm
Hi and welcome to ScamWarners

I have to say it is the most convincing Aupair email I have seen in a long time but I am fairly certain it is a scam based only on the salary offered.

I will dig a little deeper to see if I can find some proof but it looks like we have another scam

I will keep editing in here with anything I find but just noticed the Lawyers email address [email protected] while it doesn't come up in any searches it certainly doesn't look like a legitimate address, also the fact it doesn't come up in seaches and that they are using a free email providor do not instill any confidence

Further to my concern with the Lawyers email address they direct you to a website which is actually just a gif of what appears to be a legitimate website, scammers often use legitimate things to make their lies look more realistic and in this case you can follow the contact us information to find the (genuine) companies email address [email protected] note the domain does not appear in the email address you were asked to reply to

Based on that alone I am comfortable enough to say scam but I will see what else I can find

Your "hosts" email address comes up once in a search Here which is a scam warning about this same scammer

Note this from that link

Au Pair Scam Warning

Printed From: Findaupair
Forum Name: Au Pair & Host-Family Complaints
Forum Discription: Findaupair does not investigate, arbitrate or endorse any posting made in this public forum. All statements are the personal resonsibility of those who have posted them.
URL:http://www.findaupair.com/forum/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=7&TopicID=2211
Printed Date: 06 June 2009 at 9:51pm

Topic: Au Pair Scam Warning
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted By: Admin
Subject: Au Pair Scam Warning
Date Posted: 05 February 2005 at 10:56am

Do not send cash, Western Union or MoneyGram payments to aupairs in Ghana, Cameroon, Kenya or any other African or developing nations.

We have had several reports of families being scammed by people posing as an aupair or nanny and requesting that families send money via Western Union, MoneyGram or cash for airfare or other needs so that the candidate could meet the host family.

Schemes may be elaborate, involving supposed travel agents, professors, deans, parents and other false references. Verify the IP addresses of emails you receive from all references to make sure they originate from the place of work or country where the reference supposedly lives. Do not be fooled. Make sure you're not falling victim to a scam. If you're thinking of paying all or part of an Au pair's airfare to your country I would strongly recommend that you wait until your Au pair arrives and has been with your family for at least 3-6 months before handing over any money. We've had reports of families sending $3000+ for airfares and other expenses – then, once the money has been sent the "Au pair" disappears. There have also been reports of “families” scamming Au pairs by asking them to send money for visa applications etc.Once the “family” receives the money they too disappear.

Be careful - genuine Au pairs and families do not ask you to send money. If a prospective Au pair or family asks you for money then you should have no further contact with them. If a "family" or "Aupair" contacts anyone and ask for money or makes any other unusual requests please email me at mailto:[email protected] [email protected] their email address, Locator ID number or anything else that will help me to locate their registation on the website. We take these things very seriously and anyone using the website for fraud will have their registration deleted.

There is some great advice in there but the most important bit of advice is this

Be careful - genuine Au pairs and families do not ask you to send money. If a prospective Au pair or family asks you for money then you should have no further contact with them

And that also includes if they direct you to anybody else (travel agent, lawyer, banker, relative) who wants you to send money, even if you have been payed by cheque or bank deposit first

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, by doing so you may prevent others from falling for this scam in the future

Lastly, if you by chance have used your real name here, please remove your name from your posts and ask our Site admin to change your username
#10340 by AlanJones Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:42 am
As Ralph says, it is very convincing. However, there are a few things that makes it look like a scam to me
  • No English person would use the word 'lawyer' over here they are solicitors.
  • The grammar in places is rather poor
  • The email address used by the 'lawyer'. If you look on the website, the email address is [email protected], so why are they using a mail2europe.com address?
  • The 'lawyer' refers to the client as Mr Ken, which is a typical African way of addressing someone

There are a couple of ways that you can prove it is a scam.
1. Send an email to [email protected] asking them if Jane McKenzie works for them and if so, is she dealing with Ken Sinclair.
2. Could you post the headers of the email that you received from the Yahoo email address that will enable us to tell where they are actually writing from.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#10344 by AlanJones Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:04 am
Here is the proof that it is a scam.

I wrote to Mr Sinclair and got this email back
Hello Consuala,
Thanks for getting back to me and showing you really want to come and take care of my kids in London , well let me start by saying My kids are 3 and 7 years of age (Brad and LIlly) and my wife's name is Anna, but firstly i am ready to shoulder all your travel expenses to UK if you would need a visa, working permits,tax ,insurance and also go for English training with tickets to London, but you will have to go into an agreement/contract with me and my lawyer due to my previous experience with au pair's, i have once paid for an au pair couple to London before but they ran away even before i got to the airport to pick them up at the London heathrow airport and really let me down..this fact existing, that so many girls/boys, men/women are using such au pair job propositions just to get papers and to find someone, who will cover their travel expences to UK, and afterwards, you get no news from them anymore so i have discussed this issue with my lawyer and my wife and we have agreed and decided that anyone who wishes to work for me by taking care of my kids must go into an agreement/contract with my lawyer and my lawyer will be the one to take care of all your travel documents in the legal way rather than depending on travel agencies who can easily rip people... so let me know if you are willing to go into agreement with me and my lawyer in a legit way so that i can tell you more about my kids, our family and also to introduce you to my lawyer who will take care of your travelling documents to come to London which i shall pay for..Tell me more about your self what you do for living, your likes and dislikes and if you have ever been an au pair before or if you would like to study English or any other course while working for me here...I am also looking for someone who can start working from this May or June ,July September to December 2009 and i will need you to stay for atleast for this summer or 2, 4 or 8 months or more than that... My family pictures will be sent later and i will also be waiting to hear from you sonnest because we need to know if you are serious and willing to work for us.

Here is my address again : 32 Bolingbroke Grove,Greater London,SW11 6HN,UK

Ken

As you can see it is identical to the one that you received. The final proof however is that Mr Sinclair claims to live in London, but the email originates from 41.191.108.130 which is in Nigeria.

I'm not sure what the scam is yet, as Mr Sinclair claims that he will cover all the fees. I'm sure that I will find out in the next few days though.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#10345 by Ralph Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:12 am
My guess is the fees will be covered by a bad cheque paid to the victim who will need to forward the fees onto the scammers lawyer / travel agent / courier.

Time will tell I guess

Nice going with getting the IP

Please note:
For anybody wondering, B8er has contacted this person using an anonymous non traceable email address and has not used any of his own real information.
Last edited by Ralph on Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#10351 by Arnold Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:36 am
Welcome to Scamwarners!
Some general indications that this is a scam.
Part time Live-in Male or female Aupair/Nanny Required For Our Two Kids In London?
De: Dr Ken Sinclair (Host family) ([email protected]) (Different from the one you are asked to use.)
Enviado: domingo, 31 de mayo de 2009 11:42:36 a.m. (Why Spanish?)
Para:
Dear Au Pair (Sent out in bulk and not addressed to you,)
because we are catholics and non of my family members has allergies (His English is good, but he isn't British. No idea what that's supposed to mean. Scammers like telling victims how religious they are.)

#10357 by carmen_vega Sun Jun 07, 2009 5:42 pm
Hello, thank you very much for your support this is indeed a very good scam because there is a great maufacturing behind it, and I have to tell you I have received a new mail this time they ask for money... Here is it...

I understand you and also the fact that you truly want to work for me, alos the vosa fee and the rest proof will be sent by my lawyer as i have already sent a letter of invitation and my bank statement with the payments but i have been able to talk to my lawyer and we have come into a conclusion whereby you wount have to deposit also I regret to inform you that you wount be able to stay in my apartment due to some personal and family reasons for just 2 months and luckly for me i found a vacant apartment about 2 buildings away from us where you can stay for some time while taking care of my kids so i want you to get back to me so that we can talk about how you can rent the apartment and so that i can give you the owner of the apartments contact details in other for you to contact her for more details about the apartment, i was informed by the owner of the apartment Mrs Maria and she said there are so many people requesting for the apartment but she will give it out to me only if we can come into an agreement before Wednessday.I could also cancel the deposits in the agreement if you can rent the apartment for your self...so get back to me immediately

Ken

I want to change my username since I am using my real name, how can I make this happen...

THANKS...

fixed coding -Jillian
#10358 by The Enchantress Sun Jun 07, 2009 5:48 pm
Please wait here I will alert admin - they will attend ASAP

Photos - are scammers using yours? click here
Are you falling for a love scammer? click here
Never send money by Western Union/Moneygram.
Never give personal information.
Online anyone can claim to be anyone, any age and from anywhere.
#10359 by AlanJones Sun Jun 07, 2009 5:51 pm
^^^^ To change your user name PM one of the Admins (their names are in Red) and tell them what you would like your new username to be.

The 'owner of the apartment' will be the scammer or one of his associates. This is their way of conning you out of money.

I would also recommend that you cease all communication with the scammers, do not reply to any of their email. If you ignore them they will eventually give up on you when they realise they aren't going to get any money from you.

#10360 by Jillian Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:14 pm
Hi and welcome here.

If you would like to change your username please send me a private message. Let me know what you would like for a new username and I will change it for you. I have edited your personal information from your above posts.

Have you sent a payment to a scammer with Western Union and now realize it's a scam? If the payment has not been picked up, you can cancel it immediately! 1-800-448-1492

Follow ScamWarners on Twitter: http://twitter.com/ScamWarners
#10394 by AlanJones Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:52 pm
I've now received an email from the lawyer and that one has also come from 41.191.108.130 Nigeria, so it looks like the same scammer is playing both parts.

#10431 by AlanJones Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:17 am
Just noticed something that I missed previously.

Note this from the agreement form that the scammer sends out
3. I shall submit a refundable commitment fee deposit of 300 Great Britain pound (GBP) when submitting the agreement form . This fee will be refunded after the successful arrival of me at my host family residence due to his past experience with au pairs, unless forfeited in accordance with this Agreement. .

The fee will no doubt need to be paid via Western Union or MoneyGram

EDIT: Right on cue, this email just in from the 'Lawyer'
Hello Consuala
All you have to do now is to send the refundable requested fees as written in the agreement form number 3 by WESTERN UNION MONEY TRANSFER because we don't accept bank transfers from your country, so all you have to do now is to go to any WESTERN UNION MONEY TRANSFER.. outlet lose to you with your ID and send the money to the details below. Also you can send us your address so that we can help you to look for a WESTERN UNION MONEY TRANSFER.. outlet beside you where you can transfer the money in an easy way.We will be waiting for the WESTERN UNION MONEY TRANSFER.

This is the Name and address to send the deposits refundable fees

Name: Jane McKenzie
Address: 180 Tottenham Court Road London W1T 7PD, United Kingdom
Post code: W1T 7PD

Get back to us with the following details after you transfer the refundable fees.

Exact sender Name:
Sender country where money is sent from:
The MTCN number ( The 10 digits money transfer control number)
Exact amount sent:

Regards
Jane McKenzie

It is worth noting that although the money is being sent to Jane McKenzie in London - Western Union will allow the scammer to pick it up anywhere in the world if they have the right information.

#10444 by AlanJones Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:55 am
I've now received a reply from the Scammer pretending to be the person who will be renting out the apartment to the victims. Not unsurprisingly, there is a payment that needs to be made up front and it has to be sent by Western Union.

Email received from: Maria Fernandez <[email protected]>
IP: 41.191.108.130 Nigeria
Dear friend
Thank you for the mail and also for being interested in the flat, well it will cost 700 pounds per month which already includes furniture's of all kinds together with bathroom toilet and 2 rooms all you need to to bring over is just your clothes or any other belongings you might need and also you have to pay 100 pounds as an agreement between me and you, you shall sign an agreement so that you can be rest assured in me renting it out to you, i will send it via email and you shall sign and get back to me together with the payments of 100 pounds together with the montly rent which is 700pounds making it 800GBPand which i will only receive via western union since you are not in London although i do prefare cash most times but due to Mr Ken family , i have agreed to take a western union from you , so let me know as soon as you are ready so that i would send the agreement form to you and also my details to send the money via western union, also after i receive the signed agreement form from you i shall also sign and get back to you, you should try to pay the fees before 12th June Friday 5pm so that the flat can be kept for you because i have a lot of request for the flat but am just letting it out to your family as a promise i made to Mr Ken due to the conditions and problems he is having at home with his grand parents ...thank you and i will be waiting to read from you soon.

NOTE: The 700 pounds includes bills for bin tags, heating, electricity,tax so you don't have to worry about it because am giving the flat to you so cheap because of Mr Ken ,but the 100 pounds is for the agreement which is non refundable, so you will then pay the 700 pounds together with the agreement which is 100 pounds making it 800 GBP. i will forward the flat pictures and the agreement form which you have to sign and get back to me with also my western union details which you have to send the the payments to since it sounds like i have agreed to rent the flat to you just because of Mr Ken payments must be received before 5pm Friday evening...

Maria

As you can see, the email has exactly the same IP address as those recieved from Ken Sinclair and the Lawyer. They were therefore very likely sent by the same scammer.