Has someone offered you a huge sum of money or a valuable consignment? It's a 419 or advance fee fraud - find out how they work, and what to do to be safe.
#10414 by rivers Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:33 am
I have been emaiing back and forth with a man who is suppose to be residing in florida and supposely had recently flew to Ikeya, lagos, Nigeria to see his father in the hospital. Later I was inform his father is in need of a much needed life or death operation and is short of the money to pay the doctor. He is asking for my assistance to help cover the medical procedure. The procedure will not be perform until it is paid in full first. The hospital is Hamkad a private hospital, located in Ikeya and the Doctor name is Ayo James. Please advise.
Advertisement

#10416 by AlanJones Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:42 am
Hi Rivers and welcome to ScamWarners.

Even with the little information that you have given, I can say that I am 99.999999% certain that this is a scam.

This is a common romance scam, the scammer gradually gains your trust and is then hit by some problem that requires cash and you are the only person that can help him.

If you could post all the details you have on him (the name he is using, the email address and if possible some of the emails he has sent you, including the headers (remove your personal details) in the Love Scams section of the site, then we can prove without doubt that he is a scammer. It will also serve as a warning for other potential victims.

In the meantime, please cut off all communication with the scammer.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.