Has someone offered you a huge sum of money or a valuable consignment? It's a 419 or advance fee fraud - find out how they work, and what to do to be safe.
#10500 by godseed Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:28 am
In this scam, you're invited to a conference.
Off course you'll have fees to pay in advance for registration, hotel room, etc.
This conference doesn't exist, or as already happened, or will not be in the given place.

And he signs as an ass :lol:

P.S.: mods, feel free to move if it's not in the relevant section...

HELLO

Dear friend

I am Miss Christiana Bright, a staff and the ass-youth leader of WORLD HUMAN RIGHT ORGANIZATION (W.H.R.O) Washington D.C U.S.A. and a member of the international Red Cross. We are organizing a global combined conference against RACISM and HUMAN TRAFFICKING in U.S.A and DAKAR SENEGAL WEST AFRICA. It is my pleasure to invite you to participate in this global combined international conference, taking place from 17th to 20th August 2009 at Washington D.C in the United States of America and in Dakar- Senegal Africa from 24th to 27th August 2009.

In our request to invite people from various countries around the world, I went in search of e-mails on the Google web site as a means of contacting people and organizations As a result, I picked your e-mail from an N.G.O`s website. If you are interested to participate as an individual or want to represent your country or your organization, you may contact the conference secretariat genera of the organizing committee for details and information’s regarding registration for the international conference.

Inform them that you were invited to participate by a friend of yours (Miss Christiana Bright) who is a member of the International Committee of the Red Cross and a staff of WORLD HUMAN RIGHT ORGANIZATION (W.H.R.O) I believe that we may have the opportunity to meet if you may be willing to participate in this event. The benevolent donors from across the world and the Organizing Committee will provide air round trip tickets, accommodation and visa processing for all registered participants for the period of Staying in the U.S, If you are a holder of passport that may require visa to enter into the United States you may inform the conference secretariat at the time of registration, as the organizing committee is responsible for all visa arrangements and travel assistance.

Below is the contact address of the conference secretariat .By email:
[email protected]

You can also contact me on my private e-mail: [email protected]

Yours secretly

Miss Christiana Bright

Ass, Youth leader

If it seems too good to be true, it probably is...
Advertisement

#10504 by AlanJones Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:52 am
I've just received this as well.

The normal course with these scams is that they have 'done a deal' with a hotel to get preferential rates and you will not be able to attend the conference unless you book a room at that hotel. Of course the contact details that you are given for the hotel will actually be for the scammer themselves.

Here's a few more details about the email that was received

Received from: Christiana Bright <[email protected]>
Reply-to: Christiana Bright <[email protected]>
Subject: CONFERENCE INVITATION
IP Address: 193.200.44.212 Denmark (Aarhus)

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#14422 by jayakumarau Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:36 pm
New conference invitation email I got recently.....Please could you explain what they gain by doing this scam??????

Dear friend

I am Miss. Josephine Willard, a staff of Global Human Right Organization (G.H.R.O) Washington D.C, U.S.A and a member of the international Red Cross. We are organizing a global combined conference against Racism and Fighting for Human Right in U.S.A and Dakar Senegal West Africa. It is my pleasure to invite you to participate in this global combined international conference, taking place from 17th to 20th November 2009 at Washington D.C in the United States of America and in Dakar- Senegal Africa from 23rd to 26th November 2009.

In our request to invite people from various countries around the world, I went in searching of E-mails in Google web sites as a means of contacting people and organizations and I picked your E-mail from an N.G.Os website. If you are interested to participate as an individual or want to represent your country or your organization, you may contact the conference secretary genera of the organizing committee for details and information’s regarding registration for the international conference.

Inform them that you were invited to participate by a friend of yours (Miss. Josephine Willard) who is a member of the International Committee of the Red Cross and a staff of Global Human Right Organization (G.H.R.O)

I believe that we may have the opportunity to meet if you may be willing to participate in this event. The benevolent donors from across the world and the Organizing Committees will provide air round trip tickets, accommodation here in the United States and visa processing for all registered participants for the period of Staying in the U.S, If you are a holder of passport that may require visa to enter into the United States you may inform the conference secretariat at the time of registration, as the organizing committee is responsible for all visa arrangements and travel assistance.

Below is the contact E-mail address of the conference secretariat .via E-mail:

[email protected]

You can also contact me on my privet E-mail:

[email protected]

Yours secretly,

Miss. Josephine Willard

Thank God...for he made me to search in google....I was totally excited on seeing this email....really liked such an offer to visit USA for a great meeting over there.
#14423 by Holly Brown Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:47 pm
Hi, Jay.

The scam on these "conference scams" is in the hotel reservations. They will insist that you must stay in a certain hotel, for which they supply a website. Of course, you will have to give that hotel (which doesn't exist) a deposit, or even pay the entire bill up front. They will either get your credit card information or require you to send the money via Western Union or Moneygram. Then once they have your money (and in some cases a copy of your passport or other identification) the conference will be cancelled, or you will simply never hear from them again.

The website is simply a cut-and-paste plagiarism of the site of a legitimate hotel, with a few changes (the name, location, etc.). A search of key phrases from the website they send you should show you the real hotel's site. Many times you can see the substitutions clearly, as they are in a totally different typeface. :lol:

[email protected] if you want to ask me more questions.
#14848 by navneet Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:23 am
Dear friend

I am Miss. Josephine Willard, a staff of Global Human Right Organization (G.H.R.O) Washington D.C, U.S.A and a member of the international Red Cross. We are organizing a global combined conference against Racism and Fighting for Human Right in U.S.A and Dakar Senegal West Africa. It is my pleasure to invite you to participate in this global combined international conference, taking place from 17th to 20th November 2009 at Washington D.C in the United States of America and in Dakar- Senegal Africa from 23rd to 26th November 2009.

In our request to invite people from various countries around the world, I went in searching of E-mails in Google web sites as a means of contacting people and organizations and I picked your E-mail from an N.G.Os website. If you are interested to participate as an individual or want to represent your country or your organization, you may contact the conference secretary genera of the organizing committee for details and information’s regarding registration for the international conference.

Inform them that you were invited to participate by a friend of yours (Miss. Josephine Willard) who is a member of the International Committee of the Red Cross and a staff of Global Human Right Organization (G.H.R.O)

I believe that we may have the opportunity to meet if you may be willing to participate in this event. The benevolent donors from across the world and the Organizing Committees will provide air round trip tickets, accommodation here in the United States and visa processing for all registered participants for the period of Staying in the U.S, If you are a holder of passport that may require visa to enter into the United States you may inform the conference secretariat at the time of registration, as the organizing committee is responsible for all visa arrangements and travel assistance.

Below is the contact E-mail address of the conference secretariat .via E-mail:

[email protected]

You can also contact me on my privet E-mail:

[email protected]

Yours secretly,

Miss. Josephine Willard

This is a fake mail & please dont get indulged in such mails.they wil make u fool.Thanks God n this website, who saved me.
#14871 by Ralph Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:25 am
Hi Navneet

Welcome to Scamwarners

I am glad the post here was able to help you

Thanks for posting the email you received, if you have any questions, please feel free to ask
#15556 by Chris Fuller Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:40 pm
Here's another one:

from Preston Elita Tassa
[email protected]
date Wed, Oct 28, 2009
subject WCOGP/HT&HR 2009,

IP Address: 196.207.194.247 - Senegal

WCOGP/HT&HR 2009,

You are cordially invited to participate in the forth-coming WORLD
CONFERENCE ON GLOBAL PEACE / HUMAN TRAFFICKING & HUMAN RIGHT. The
conference is been organized by the Global Humanitarian Welfare
organization (GHWO) in collaboration with other NGO’s.

The event takes place from 8th – 11th December 2009 at the American
Conference Centre hall New York, U.S.A, and 14th - 17th December 2009 at
savannah central HALL, DAKAR-SENEGAL, West –Africa.

Interested participants should send the following information's via email,
to the conference secretariat by email: ([email protected])

1) Names exactly as in passport.
2) Passport Numbers.
3) Date of Birth.
4) Place of Birth.
5) Country of Residence.
6) IDD code # of country of Residence
7) Contact Number.

Note: You may get back to me with my email address below :(
[email protected]) Get involve with the Global Humanitarian
Welfare organization (GHWO)for change wherever you live.

Thank you
Preston Elita Tassa
#15761 by nabila Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:33 pm
Dear All,

I got a similar email from Isabel Cole last month. Unfortunately, I didn't have time to check & just followed the registration process including sending the money for hotel reservation of USD 350 which I got a respond of booking receipt from Dakar, Senegal & I transfered for affidavit+visa process of Euro 775 last week which I haven't received any response from NBI Senegal. I just realized it was a scam when I haven't received any reply emails although I have tried several times.

I believe I can't recover my money back...but does anyone know where to report this type of international criminal activities?!?! I'd like to report this people...cause I also got a scan ID of the officer in Dakar, Senegal, who received the money for my affidavit+visa to Senegal.

Really appreciate for all your help.

Regards,
Removed name and location - Ralph

>>> Isabel Cole <[email protected]> 10/17/2009 5:56 AM >>>
CONFERENCE INVITATION!!!

Dear friend

I am Miss. Isabel Cole, a member
of the Global Organization for Human Right (G.O.F.H.R) Washington
D.C (U.S.A), and also a staff of the International Committee of Red Cross. We
are organizing a global combined conference on Racism and the benefit of Human
Right in the United States of America and Dakar Senegal West Africa. It is
my pleasure to invite you to participate in this global combined international
conference, taking place from 16th to 21st November 2009
at Washington D.C in the United States of America and in Dakar – Senegal West
Africa from 23rd to 28th November 2009.

In our quest to invite people from various countries around the world, I went in search of e-mails on the
Google web site as a means of contacting people and organizations As a result;
I picked your e-mail from an N.G.O website. If you know you are interested to
participate as an individual or want to represent your country or organization,
you may contact the conference secretary general of the organizing committee
for details and information’s regarding registration for the international conference.

Inform them that you were invited to participate by a friend of yours (Miss. Isabel Cole) who is a staff of the
International Committee of the Red Cross and also a member of Global Organization for
Human Right (G.O.F.H.R) in Washington D.C (U.S.A), I believe that we may have
the opportunity to meet if you may be willing to participate in this event and
also I believe this will help you acquire a lot of knowledge dealing with life.

The benevolent donors from across the world and the Global Organizing Committee will provide air round trip
tickets, accommodation and visa processing for all registered participants for
the period of Staying in the United States, If you are a holder of passport
that may require visa to enter into the United States, you may inform the
conference secretariat at the time of registration, as the organizing committee
is responsible for all visa arrangements and travelling assistance.

Below is the contact address of the conference secretariat. By email: [email protected]

>>> "Secretary G.O.F.H.R" <[email protected]> 10/23/2009 7:00 PM >>>

Dear Participant,

You are welcome to participate(s) in this International conference. Which
will be held from 16th - 21st November 2009 at Walter E. Washington
Convention Centre, Washington D.C U.S.A and from 23rd - 28th November 2009
at Meridien President central Hall, Dakar Senegal West Africa, We are
welcoming you to participate in this forth coming international conference.

You may take the opportunity to participate in this International
conference. The theme of the forth coming International Conference is to
equip participants with the strategies and policies to fight against Racism
& Human Right Abuse. These events are being Organized and sponsored by the
Global Organization for Human Right (G.O.F.H.R) in collaboration with other
benevolent organizations in the United States of America.

All Interested participant for the forth coming International Conference
should send the following information’s ASAP to the conference registration
desk via:

Email: [email protected]

TEL: +1-516-303-0039

(1) Names as in passport :
(2) Passport Number :
(3) Date of Birth :
(4) Place of Birth :
(5) Country of Residence :
(6) Occupation :
(7) Organization Name, if any :
(8) P.O.box :
(9) Telephone :
(10) Fax :

Any group representing a country or organization should not be less than two
(2) or more than five (5) persons to participate together as a group to
represent their Country or organization in the forth coming events and none
of them should be less than eighteen (18) years of age and delegates must
participate in both Conferences. There are translators at the conference
venue to translate for those who don’t speak English.

Note: It is not necessary that one must belong to an organization to be
eligible to attend this event, he or she can also participate as an
individual if he or she is not capable to form a group to represent a
Country or organization, all registered delegate are to attend the both
conference for they are of two different topics which is Racism and Benefit
of Human Right.

*Secondly*, delegates will only be responsible for their own hotel booking
in Dakar Senegal Africa where the second phase of the event will be held,
which is to prove that delegates will attend the both phases of the
conference and will not remain here in the United states after the first
phase of the conference, delegate that has valid visa to the United States,
still needs to be registered for the conference purpose.

All registered participants are entitled to air round trip tickets, meals
and accommodation which will be provided during their stay in the United
States of America, and also note: All participants will be provided with all
documents for this event one week after they have been registered for the
workshop.

For more details about the conference and the organization visit our website: http://www.globalorganization.4-all.org

Sincerely,
Mrs Juliana Alexander

(G.O.F.H.R Secretariat)

Global Organization for Human Right

Washington D.C

>>> <[email protected]> 10/27/2009 8:35 PM >>>

ATTENTION: * Removed location*

From the Law Office of Immigration Lawyer Clark T. Trainor, Esq...

Dear Participant,

In reference to the request of the GOFHR and your visa for the Republique of Senegal / visa requirements, you are advice to read carefully and adhere to the instruction which was received from the Republique of Senegal Bureau of Consular Affairs and Visa Services earlier today in response to the visa application we wrote to them as requested by the G.O.F.H.R organizing committee.

As requested by the America Airways, you are to submit your scan copies of your visas (USA and Senegal) and Insurance bond certificate to them and a scan copy of your international passport front page to enable them book and dispatch your air round trip tickets to you immediately.

You are to contact the ACIC insurance company for your insurance bond certificate as they are the recommended insurance company that the G.O.F.H.R has nominated for their delegates.
Below is the contact address of the insurance company and when contacting them, do inform them to issue you two weeks insurance bond certificate and also indicate that you are a delegate for the GOFHR conference.
[email protected]
Mrs. Susan Olean,
Association of California Insurance Companies
(ACIC) 1415 L St., Suite 670
Sacramento, CA 95814

You will also need the NBI Clearance certificate for the Republic Of Senegal visa requirement (NBI CLEARANCE: Applicants aged 16 years and older travelling to the République du Sénégal must have a valid Record Clearance of entry from the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) Dakar- Senegal. For Clearances, applicants should provide current Name, Date of birth, nationality, country of residence, next of kin, postal address respective contact address(Home address, Office Address, Company name, Email address, Phone numbers, Fax Numbers), birth certificate name, maiden name, married name, and any aliases or nicknames ever used. An official letter of explanation from the NBI will be issued for any notation of “No criminal record”, "No pending criminal case” or “With derogatory record.”)

NBI is located along Taft Avenue Bp-86554 in Manila, Dakar-Senegal. For immigration purposes, an NBI clearance is considered valid only for one year from the date it is issued and in other to obtain the NBI CLEARANCE CERTIFICATE, Form 1-864, Form 1-864EZ & Form 1-134 Affidavit of support (AOS), Applicants are required to make the deposit of Seven Hundred and Seventy-five Euros (£ 775.00) to the NBI Account details below and Note that only Seven Hundred Euros (£ 700.00) will be refundable if immigrants is not convicted with any crime in the period of stay here in Dakar Senegal and the balance Seventy-five Euros (£ 75.00) are the charges for the consular (£ 35.00), TDS services (£ 20.00), and the various affidavit of support forms(£ 20.00) respectively.

Below are bank details and Swift

1) BANK NAME: BSIC Senegal S.A

2) A/C NUMBER: K01110100101103580003142.

3) BENEFICIARY: MICHAEL JAMES.

4) SWIFT: BSAHSNDA.

7) BANK ADDRESS: Dakar. 12 Boulevard Djily MBAYE- B.P. 4706.

WESTERN UNION MONEY TRANSFER

Receiver’s Name: MICHAEL JAMES

Immediately you make your payment, do inform them via ([email protected])
Taft Avenue Bp-86554 in Manila, Dakar-Senegal.

The processing of the required documents for applicants will take 3 business days after notification of payment from applicant and applicants are required to come along with their documents when coming to the country to enable them obtain their refundable NBI funds (£ 700.00) at our office there in Dakar Senegal immediately after the event.

Applicants will be notified directly for the appointment date to visit the République du Sénégal embassy there in your country for same day visa collection after the receipt of the above mentioned documents as it will be required for visa authorization.

You are to fill and forward your completed visa forms (Republic of Senegal) to us with the needful (Insurance Bond Certificate and NBI Clearance Certificate) as soon as possible for documentation and also copies to the America Airways for the booking of your air round trip tickets.

Many wishes,

Yours Sincerely,

Attorney Dominick Patrick,

Counsel Bureau of Immigrant Affairs,

(Bureau of Consular Affairs)

Visa Services

Washington D.C. U.S.A.

Toll Free: 888 947-9445
#15788 by Ralph Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:33 am
Hi Nabila.

Welcome to Scamwarners.

Thank you for contacting me and providing the information on this scam, I have used it to create a complete profile on the scam and the emails and attachments involved in it here viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4156&p=15787#p15787

We will continue to work on it from there, if you have anything to add or any questions, please dont hesitate to ask
#15811 by Chris Fuller Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:12 pm
This is very similar to one of the ones above, but has a changed third paragraph, and different 'from' and 'reply-to' email addresses.

IP Address: 196.207.194.64 - Senegal

from Emily William <[email protected]>
reply-to [email protected]
date Sun, Nov 1, 2009
subject WCOGP/HT&HR 2009,

WCOGP/HT&HR 2009,

You are cordially invited to participate in the forth-coming WORLD
CONFERENCE ON GLOBAL PEACE / HUMAN TRAFFICKING & HUMAN RIGHT. The
conference is been organized by the Global Humanitarian Welfare
organization (GHWO) in collaboration with other NGO’s.

The event takes place from 8th – 11th December 2009 at the American
Conference Centre hall New York, U.S.A, and 14th - 17th December 2009 at
savannah central HALL, DAKAR-SENEGAL, West –Africa.

If you are interested to participate and represent your country, you may
contact the secretariat of the organizing committee for details and
information. Below you will find the contact email address of the
conference secretariat by email: ([email protected])

Note: You may get back to me with my email address below:
([email protected]) Get involve with the Global Humanitarian
Welfare organization (GHWO) for change wherever you live

Regards,

Emily William