Has someone offered you a huge sum of money or a valuable consignment? It's a 419 or advance fee fraud - find out how they work, and what to do to be safe.
#10562 by cabowabo Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:53 am
any one here of alda financial advisors? they sent me an email but when you google their name i cannot find they, but when i enter www.aldafinancialadvisors.com their web page comes up. looks like a scam just woundering if anyone hade any dealings with them.
Advertisement

#10563 by AlanJones Sat Jun 13, 2009 1:04 am
Hi cabowabo and welcome to ScamWarners.

Yes it is a scam, a check on the website that you listed shows that it was only registered on 8 June.

Also, a search on one of the testimonials on the site here shows that it is used by a number of other fraudulent sites.

Could you post the email that you received, together with the headers (remove your personal details), so that others can be alerted to this if they search for it.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#10627 by Souliman Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:09 pm
welcome cabowabo

i agree with b8er - i think it is a scam site

evidence that it could be a scam site includes the fact that they copied their text from a legitimate website.
if you google the following testimonial "The process was painless, your representatives always helpful and PATIENT"
you will find a suspiciously large number of companies have grateful customers who chose the exact same phrase to express their gratitude.
one of the websites found by google will be the original non-scamming non-plagiarising original, of course, but it is hard to tell which one.
however, b8er pointed out that the 'alda' website is only a week old, so it is far too young to be the original.

they don't give a phone number either - a genuine company would not do that, in my opinion.
#10702 by George Fox Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:55 pm
Welcome cabowabo

As said above, definitely fake, for the reasons given and more.

I've asked for one of our tame site killers to give this the love it deserves. :twisted:

Probably on a PC.
#10915 by Ralph Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:25 am
Thanks for the update George, please thank your friends for their work, we do appreciate it :=)
#11527 by Rachell Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:36 pm
I have been scammed. Do not for any reason send these people money. I was suppose to receive my money back from the supposed insurance premium I had paid for a loan. It took me everything I had to get this money and being unemployed with only one income now in my home. Kids to feed bills to try and pay. I am very upset that people or companies would do such a thing

Do not contact these people or send them money!!!!!!!!!!!!!
#11528 by Ralph Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:01 pm
Hi Rachel

Welcome to Scamwarners

I am sorry to hear you have lost money to these scammers, they operate alone or in groups and are definately not companies, everything about them is fake, scamming is their job and they can be quite proficient at their work.

Please be aware of further scams and in particular recovery scams, these scams usually involved being contacted by somebody claiming to be from law enforcement and suggest they can get your money returned, later in this scan fees will need to be paid and the scam starts again.

Please take some time to look around our forums at the various scams and be prepared.

If you do have any questions, please dont hesitate to ask