Has someone offered you a huge sum of money or a valuable consignment? It's a 419 or advance fee fraud - find out how they work, and what to do to be safe.
#10669 by Ralph Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:51 am
Yet another scam, you can see proof of the scam by searching on the phone number Click Here

----- Original Message ----- From: "DR. MANSUR MUHTAR" <[email protected]>
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Tuesday, June 16, 2009 5:33 AM
Subject: [Spam] REF: PAYMENT RELEASE INSTRUCTION VIA CERTIFIED INTERNATIONAL BANK DRAFT FOR A PARTIAL PAYMENT RELEASE OF TEN MILLION DOLLARS

Dear:Friend

REF: PAYMENT RELEASE INSTRUCTION VIA CERTIFIED INTERNATIONAL BANK DRAFT FOR A PARTIAL PAYMENT RELEASE OF TEN MILLION DOLLARS

I am Dr. Mansur Muhtar. The new Minister of Finance under the new-elected President Umaru Musa Yar’Adua. By virtue of my position as the head of the Nigeria’s Financial sector, I have irrevocably instructed the Central Bank of Nigeria to send in all contract and inheritance payment files to my office for vetting and verification before fund release instruction can be effected. However, all other offices that has anything to do with your fund have been instructed to stop all transactions until I conclude with my investigation.

Meanwhile, as a former Director-General of the Debt Management Office (DMO), a semi-autonomous government agency charged with formulating and implementing Nigeria’s debt strategy, as well as managing Nigeria’s debt portfolio. I am aware of all the corrupt practices of some CBN officials who are in the habit of extorting money from foreign beneficiaries under the pretense of assisting such beneficiary.

To this effect, I am prepared to give all the necessary advice and assistance on the new payment policy to be adopted by the CBN for 2009 fiscal year for all financial transactions under the current Yar’Adua administration. The new payment method is by Certified International Bank Draft, which will be issued on your name by the Central Bank of Nigeria in the amount of,Ten million dollars being a partial payment release. Please take note that I have come to the Finance Ministry to clean up the system and ensure efficiency in our payment system.

For this reason, you are advised to get back to my office immediately with the details of your delivery address where the draft will be sent. or you can call me on my direct line at +234-802 522 4226.

Yours Sincerely,

DR. MANSUR MUHTAR
Honourable Minister of Finance.
Advertisement