Has someone offered you a huge sum of money or a valuable consignment? It's a 419 or advance fee fraud - find out how they work, and what to do to be safe.
#10830 by Ralph Sun Jun 21, 2009 4:01 am
Yet another scam, you can see another example of the same opening line used Here

----- Forwarded Message ----
Sent: Saturday, June 20, 2009
Subject: FINAL CONTRACT PAYMENT/NEXT OF KIN PAYMENT VERIFICATION

Central Bank of Nigeria
Phase ll, Garki Federal Capital Territory
Abuja - Nigeria
REF: CBN-0XX2/809
Attn: Beneficiary,
Re: inheritance fund transfer notification we have received an instruction from the office of the Presidency, the Federal Ministry of Finance (FMF), and the senate committee on foreign payments (scfp), to pay your contract/inheritance fund from our bank (Central Bank of Nigeria).
This is to notify you that your fund which is the total sum of Twenty Two Million Seven Hundren Thousand United State Dollars (us$22.7 million usd.) Your contract inheritance fund have been programmed for immediate payment transfer to you or any of your nominated bank account, and your inheritance fund payment has been finalized to be released to you as the legitimate beneficiary of the fund, via key telex transfer.
Meanwhile, a man and his attorney came to my office few days ago claiming that you are dead, and he is now your next of kin to claim your over due inheritance/contract payment, here are his information which he provided to claim your fund: name paul white bank name: citi bank account number: 95437650967.
Your urgent response to this office will prove if this man is right or not. If this man is right we will have no option than to pay him immediately. But if this man is not your representative, you are required to fill and send the below information for verification purpose so that your fund valued the sum of Twenty Two Million Seven Hundren Thousand United State Dollars will be released to you immediately.
1. Your name
2. Your full address:
3.your telephone:
4. Fax:
5. Age:
6. Sex:
7. Your occupation:
8. Attach a copy of your identification card
As soon as we receive this information from you, we will commence payment immediately with all necessary procedure in other to remit this money into your account. From the office of the presidency, this reputable bank has been approved and accredited to handle and transfer all foreign contract/inheritance funds this 2nd quarter payment of the year 2009.
However, we shall proceed to issue all payment details to the said account which mr. Paul white has forwarded to us, if we do not hear from you within the next seven working days starting from today. I urge you to call me on my direct telephone number below immediately you receive this message.
Best regards,
Mallam. Sanusi Lamido Aminu Sanusi
Executive governor,
Tel: +234-708-172-1499
Advertisement