Has someone offered you a huge sum of money or a valuable consignment? It's a 419 or advance fee fraud - find out how they work, and what to do to be safe.
#10840 by Hanstefani Sun Jun 21, 2009 5:05 am
please say me if i am right with my acceptance -- this is a fake

the first e-mail i got

Hello ,
My name is Dr Patrick Garry and my wife's name is Mrs Simson Garry. I'm a American but married to an English woman. We are a happily married couple blessed with two lovely and wonderful daughter kids, Clara and Hannah. Clara is 3 years old while Hannah is 18 months old.I am a medical Microbiologist and I work with the World Health Organization(WHO) and have been working with them here in London for over 9 years now but I will be resuming my official duties in Asia by July but will want my family to remain in London. My wife works in a bank in the city of London and by the nature of her work she spends more time at work. I do spend more time with the kids since my work allows me to do that. But by end ofJune/July 2009 I will not be in the UK any longer rather I will be posted to the World Health Organization(Asia region) where i will now be working. And as a result of this, our daughters will need someone to take good care of them and their needs since their mother spends most of the time at work during weekdays and always only have weekends to give them good attention. We came across your profile on Great nannies and we were convinced that you possess the qualities capable of taking good care of our daughters in the absence of both us.

Your duties are always linked to childcare and light housework. This include taking the children to / from school; helping them get ready in the morning; amusing and supervising them until the parents come home; tidying the toys away; preparing their meals and clearing up after the mealtimes. You will have your Private Room which will have bathroom, toilet, television, air-Conditioner/heater. You will have access to the internet and a telephone at home should in case you want to get in touch with your family or friends . And very importantly,we have both decided to treat you as a family member and not as an employee. Your weekdays working hours will be 5 hours maximum per day. You will have Saturdays and Sundays as your off days since their mother does not go to work weekends and this should enable you have enough time for yourself and enroll for special programs if you wish to. As for your salary, we intend to pay you 3,200 Pounds every 4 weeks and a pocket fee of 300 Pounds weekly so as to enable you engage yourself in any programs that can add more values to your life while you stay with us.

I look forward to hearing from you and more so coming over to the UK and live as a member of our family as soon as possible. I, on behalf of my wife and my wonderful daughters wish you the best in your present endeavours over there in your country and we are also waiting to embrace you with the warmth, love and most importantly the peace that your heart always desires. Attached are some of my family pictures for your pleasurable viewing

Patrick and Simson Garry
Best wishes

Home Address
129 Gloucester Road
South Kensington
London
SW7 4TH
+44 (0)702 406 2946
[email protected]

________________________________________________________________________________________

[b]second e-mail

Hello Stefanie
How are you doing? I'm glad to read from you. Let me tell you a little about my family. We are a family of 4,myself and beautiful wife Simson,and our 2 lovely girls. Simson and I have been happily married for 5 year and have two little girls that we just love. Hannah and Clara, they keep us busy, happy and always laughing. We are currently living in South Kensington area of London and loving it! Clara will be 4 this year. She loves cars, truck, trains, and anything that has wheels. She also loves to sing, dance, help bake and make smoothies. She's a smart little cookie and always finding ways to keep mommy and daddy on their toes. Hannah is a year plus and will be turning two come August. She's such a little happy camper. She loves to smile, laugh, play in the tub, swing, slide, drive cars with big sister. It has been so fun watching the girls play together these days! Hannah is . It has been so fun watching the girls play together these days! Hannah is getting all over the place crawling and pulling himself up to everything to walk around. Clara is always making sure she isn't getting into anything she isn't suppose to or putting anything in her mouth that doesn't belong there. She has her moments where she doesn't want to share and everything that Hannah does is not ok with her...but for the most part she shares with her sister and loves her . She loves to tickel her and make her laugh and give her lots of hugs and tell her she loves her . What a fun stage!I'm so convinced that you will certainly enjoy your stay with my girls because they are such an interesting duo. At this juncture, I will like to know what is the earliest date you can be here and for how long you will like to be with my family. Your financial remuneration is a 3200 pound monthly salary and 300 pound weekly pocket money, everything totalling 4400 pound monthly. You will be working 5 hours maximum weekdays and you have weekends as your off days. We are providing you with your own private accommodation in the same apartment with us if you will like to stay with us. We are also going to be responsible for your feeding during your period of stay and most importantly we will treat you as a member of the family and not as an outsider. Your primary duties are related to childcare, helping us to take good care of the two girls during your period of stay. Clara is already in school while Hannah goes to a daycare center..You will have the weekends to attend whatever classses you may have on mind .We are a very interesting family and most weekends, we always like visiting places. I need you to get back to me with your resume and references as soon as possible so that we can move forward.I look forward to hearing from you

third e-mail

Hello
You should resume duty come October, okay. I have attached a few but important questions for you and you should try as much as possible to provide genuine answers because it will go a long way. Also you will have to sign a contract agreement with us so as to validate this job offer. The contract agreement will spell out the terms and conditions of the contract so that both parties will be acquainted to their duties and responsibilities. The contract will be managed by a cultural exchange agency which will act as the mediator so that there will be no partiality and they will ensure that the terms and conditions stipulated in the contract are strictly adhered to. I just want to know if you are ready to sign the contract or not. A quick response from you will be appreciated

______________________________________________________________________________________________

after the contact with the cultural agency "Royal Travel" ??? i got this

Hello Stefanie

Dr Garry asked us to contact You. He told us that you have been chosen to be their Au pair/Nanny and you will be coming over to the UK soon to live with them. Royal Travel is offering you the opportunity to be an Au pair in United Kingdom! Spend time with your host family and experience first hand an unforgettable cultural exchange. We're making it happen for you in UK. Be part of a global exchange, share the cultural difference and live in UK like a local! Adorable children need an Au pair, so why shouldn’t it be you? Opportunities are available in UK. We have been in charge of the travel needs of their past Au pairs from their home country to the UK. Why have we been their preferred agency?If we are chosen by their Au pair to book their flight ticket, we are always at the airport to welcome and pick up their Au pairs and deliver them safely to their host family and we do that at a very competitive price. We also take care of their travel needs during their stay in the UK so as to ensure their safety while here. We are also going to process medical and travel insurance that will cover you and we will manage the contract while your contract last. Attached to this mail is an Agreement Document.This document will serve as an agreement between You and your Host family. This agreement will help to establish a reasonable outline of responsibilities for You and your Host Family to adhere to throughout the program year. After the signing of the contract processes to actualize your living and working in the UK will be initiated.

About Royal Travel Ltd
Royal Travel is one the most reliable and trusted travel agents in UK. We offer complete travel services, be it Ticketting, Reservations, Processing of Travel Documents and UK Visa Application, Au pair Placement etc. Royal Travel is offering you the opportunity to be an au pair in UK! Spend time with your host family and experience first hand an unforgettable cultural exchange. We're making it happen for you in the UK . It has always provided incomparable services to it privileged customers since inception. In today's competitive world it is very important to meet customers satisfaction by providing them the most out of the least and that is what you exactly get dealing with Royal Travel. With our expertise service we use the latest and updated travel reservations systems Galileo. With Royal Travel, you travel for less. Royal Travel has achieved internationally-recognized accredited certification to ISO9001:2000. Our management systems ensure clients are given a fast and efficient service that is second to none in the UK. ISO 9001 is the internationally recognized standard for the quality management of businesses. It prescribes systematic control of activities to ensure that the needs and expectations of customers are met. Our assessment was carried out by United Registrar of Systems, which are accredited by the United Kingdom Accreditation Service. We promise to offer you the best traveling services available anywhere and in the end you will be glad you contacted us. You may also wish to look us up at our website http://www.royaltravel.com

____________________________________________________________________________________________

and the contract

Agreement Form

Royal Travel, Ltd., a United Kingdom company, its successors and assignees (“RT”) and the undersigned au pair, (“I”, “me” or “my”),

………………………………………………………………………………
Please write your full name
for good and valuable consideration, understand and agree to the following terms and conditions relating to the au pair’s participation in Royal Travel
Au Pair UK au pair program (the “Program”):

PART ONE
1. In addition to the terms of this Agreement, I agree to abide by additional reasonable terms and conditions stipulated by RT during the Program duration.
If there is any confusion between this Agreement and the terms of any other contracts, agreements, or materials of any kind, the terms of this Agreement
shall prevail.

2. I will accept any cultural differences in the spirit of cultural exchange. I agree to comply with the program regulations (“Regulations”) issued by the
United Kingdom Government. I acknowledge receipt of a copy of the Regulations as they apply to me.

3 I shall familiarize myself with all (if any) visa requirements. I shall obtain necessary documents (e.g. a valid passport) prior to departure and shall not enter my host country without a proper visa (if required).

4. I agree to perform the child care responsibilities outlined by my host family to the best of my ability, and make every effort to act as a caring, responsible host family member, and will abide by the host family’s household rules.

5. I agree to attend and actively participate in all child safety and child development training and orientation sessions sponsored by RT.

6. I shall submit a refundable commitment fee deposit of 400 Great Britain pound (GBP) or its equivalent in Dollars to RT . This fee will be refunded after the successful completion of the program year, unless forfeited in accordance with this Agreement.

7. I will abide by all local, state and federal laws and other regulations.

8. I will not buy, sell, possess, or use any controlled or illegal substances, and will only use medications as prescribed to me and approved by a treating
Physician. I understand that I may only consume alcohol if I am of legal drinking age, and if am of legal drinking age, I agree not to consume alcoholic beverages to excess at any time or to drive under the influence of alcohol. I further agree not to consume alcoholic beverages at any time while
I am on duty.

9. I understand that I may not use the family’s automobile(s) for any reason without express permission from the host family and that any agreement to
use the host family’s automobile is strictly between the host family and me. I will not use the automobile unless the host family has obtained all of
the mandatory automobile insurance coverage required under the laws of the land where the host family resides.

10. I understand that it is my responsibility and I agree to pay any personal expenses which I incur while participating in the Program, including but not
limited to, health expenses not covered by insurance, phone bills and/or car damages. If I leave the host family with unpaid bills, I understand RT
will have the right to withhold my commitment fee deposit until I have paid the host family. RT will not be held responsible for any financial disputes I
have with my host family such as outstanding money for educational component, weekly stipend, etc. I understand that I must settle all disputes directly with my host family.

11. I agree to notify the staff of RT in case of disagreement, misunderstanding or serious problems including but not limited to my health, safety, welfare, adjustment to my host family, school, culture or language, or misunderstandings or problems with my host family. If placement and/or participation in the program is deemed unsatisfactory by RT for whatever reason, RT will reassess my suitability for future placement. If a recommendation for future placement cannot be provided by either my host family, my Local Childcare Coordinator at RT, I understand
my participation in the Program will be terminated and be subject to the standard termination procedures outlined in this Agreement.
Au pair placement is a U.K. government designated exchange program

12. In situations where I am having problems with my host family, I agree to consult with and meet with RT representatives and to follow RT mediation
guidelines as outlined in the Au Pair Handbook. If the problems cannot be resolved and I am recommended for future placement, I understand
that, at RT discretion, RT will use reasonable efforts for two weeks to find another host family for me. I recognize that RT may not be able to find
a new placement for me. I agree to be flexible regarding my replacement in terms of, including but not limited to, state, region, and car use and I shall
remain in contact with RT at all times. During such time, I shall continue to live with my current host family who, in its discretion, may request me
to provide, or not to provide, any childcare services. If I do not perform childcare duties during the transition period (even if I am staying with a host
family) I understand that I will not receive the weekly stipend. I understand that RT cannot guarantee a new family placement for me within the
two-week transition period, or that I may not be recommended for a new placement, which will result in my termination from the program and early
return to my home country.

13. I understand that I may be terminated from the Program if I do not successfully complete the program duration with RT for reasons including but not limited to: if I leave the host family without prior consent from RT; if I am removed from the Program at the discretion of RT in accordance with
Paragraphs 11 and/or 12 of this Agreement; if I do not fully participate in training, academic courses, monthly meetings, or if I in any way violate this
Agreement. Such termination will result in the following:
a. I will forfeit the refundable commitment fee deposit; and
b. I will forfeit the return ticket and I will be required to make my own arrangements to return to my home country at my own expense; and
c. I will no longer be the responsibility of the host family or of Royal Travel; and
d. My RT insurance coverage will no longer be valid and no part of it refunded; and
e. My status will be reported to U.K. Immigration and my Au pair visa will no longer be valid; and
f. RT will not provide me with housing in the UK.

14. I am expected to depart and return on the date and time arranged by RT. Special requests may be considered, however additional fees may apply
and these costs will be my responsibility. I understand that RT cannot book my return flight for a date later than thirty (30) days after the completion
of my program duration. I am responsible for my own transportation to the specified departure gateway in my home country. I understand that if I
make a change to my ticket (departure from home country and/or return ticket to home country) after it has been booked, I will be
responsible for paying a GBR100 change fee well as any additional airline penalties.

15. I agree to irrevocably, unconditionally, and fully remise, release and forever discharge RT and its affiliates; and said persons’ respective officers, directors, successors, assigns, attorneys, insurance companies, agents, employees and affiliates, or others to the extent acting or purporting to act on the afore mentioned persons’ behalf (all of said persons hereinafter, in the aggregate, being referred to as "Released Parties"), from any and all claims or causes of action which I have or may hereafter have, which arise out of injury, damage or loss of any other kind to me or my property resulting from participation in the Program. This includes, without limitation, my performance of services for and involvement with the host family, regardless of how such injury, damage or loss may arise. I further agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any losses, claims, damages or liabilities related to or arising out of my participation in the Program, including (without limitation) any injury or damage to me, that my host family causes, that any third party causes, that I cause or to which I contribute, and any injury or damage to my host family which I cause or to which I contribute.

16. This Agreement shall take effect as a sealed instrument under and shall be governed by the laws of United Kingdom. In the event of any claim, dispute, or proceeding arising out of the relationship of me and RT, or any claim which in contract, tort, or otherwise at law or in equity arises between the parties, whether or not related to this Agreement, the parties submit and consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the courts of United Kingdom.

PART TWO

This contract regarding the employment of an Au pair boy or girl/Nanny is concluded
between:

- Mr / Mrs (Full name): ……………………………………………………(Host)

- City:

- Street:

hereinafter referred to as “host” and

(Full name)…………………………………………………………(Au pair/Nanny)

hereinafter referred to as “au pair”

- Date of birth:…………………………………….

- Place of birth:…………………………………….

- Nationality:……………………………………….

- Street: ………………………………………………

- ZIP City: …………………………………………….

I. GENERAL CONDITIONS
The Au pair/Nanny is accommodated by the Host Family for a period of ………..months in accordance with the following stipulations.
During this period, the Au pair/Nanny will be given the opportunity to improve, above all, his/her proficiency in the foreign language as well as to broaden his/her general education by acquiring more knowledge of the host country.
The contract enters into force on ………………….

II. RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE HOST

II 1. The host commits himself to welcoming and accommodating the Au pair/Nanny in the family and to let him/her participate in the daily family life; the host therefore makes the following statement of which the au pair takes cognizance:

? The family consists of four people
among which are

two adults which includes father and mother and

two girls being 3years and 16months old

? The family lives in a house
with six rooms, included six bathroom (s)

? Occupation of the host : Banking

? Occupation of the spouse : Researcher

II 2. The host supplies free accommodation to the Au pair/Nanny within the family residence an own room persons. The Au pair/Nanny joints the common meals and receives the same food as the family members, as far as nothing else has been agreed under IV.2.

II.3 In addition, the host shall pay the au pair a monthly salary of 2200 pounds and weekly pocket money of 300 pounds.

II.4 The working hours of the Au pair/Nanny are regulated in such a way that he/she can improve his/her proficiency in the foreign language by participating in courses and broaden his/her general education by attending events and excursions.

II.5 The Au pair/Nanny works for 5 hours maximum weekdays and entitled two free days on weekends. The Au pair/Nanny receives unlimited opportunity to practise his/her religion.

II.6 The host takes out a private insurance for the Au pair/Nanny in case of illness, pregnancy and birth as well as in case of an accident.

II.7 Moreover, in case of illness of the Au pair/Nanny, the host guarantees also free board and lodge as well as the corresponding care and nursing until the necessary provisions have been made.

II.8 The Au pair receives a paid holiday of two working days for each full month occupation. Participation in the family vacation only counts as vacation in case merely unessential tasks have to be assumed and no presence obligation exists.

III. RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE AU PAIR

III. 1 The Au pair/Nanny agrees to render the following services

* Work five hours a day, five days a week
* Assist in the care of the children
* Getting the kids ready for school when necessary
* Carry out simple household tasks
* Give two weeks notice in case of being unable to finish contract

Private matters such as keeping clean and tiding up his/her own room are not considered as household working time.

III.2 The Au pair agrees to fulfill all necessary formalities for his/her part in order to enable the host to observe his commitments in accordance with item II.6 of this contract.

……………………….. ……………………….
Signature of the au pair Signature of the host
___________________ ________________
Date Date

Royal Travel, 59 Southey Court, Denton, Manchester, M34 7WX.
Email: [email protected]

Director: Edward Williams Royal Travel Cultural Exchange Program Ltd.

Royal Travel is one of the leading travel services providing U.K. Government designated exchange program.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

then i contact "mr garry" and write about my doubts
he send the answer

Hello Stefanie
Like I mentioned to you in my previous mail, I have been using the services of Royal Travel for close to six years and so far I do not have any regrets. They have been in charge of my family travel needs. Whenever we want to go on tour and vacations during summer anywhere in the world, they always organize that and their services so far have been satisfactory. One thing I can categorically assure you of is that with them handling your travel needs, your safety and security is guaranteed. That is their job, they organize cruises, tours, vacations, ticketing, hotel reservations,visas, work permits and stuffs like that both locally here in the UK and Internationally. Just be rest assured that whatever you put in their custody is safe and secured, so you do not have to get worried about you personal information and money because it will be used for purposes meant. As regards their website http://www.royaltravel.com, I also visited there seems to be nothing mentioning au pair contract management which is true. Royal Travel just launched the cultural agency arm about 3 and the half years ago. They are caregoricaly known both locallyand internationaly for offering complete travel services such as organising of tours, vacations, cruises,ticketing, reservations, travel documents processing and other travel related matters but I just want to assure you that the cultural agency arm is one of their youngest departments and it exists, its real and they will be overseeing the contract. The salary that I have offered you is 3200 pounds and not 2200 pounds. The agency must have a typogrphical error.
Advertisement

#10842 by Ralph Sun Jun 21, 2009 5:23 am
I will have a closer look later, for now I am comfortable to say it is a scam based only on this

As for your salary, we intend to pay you 3,200 Pounds every 4 weeks and a pocket fee of 300 Pounds weekly

That sounds like a lot of money for an Au Pair, I will look closer but I have no doubt lots more proof is available
#10843 by The Enchantress Sun Jun 21, 2009 5:31 am
Welcome to Scamwarners Hanstefani.

This is a definite scam please cease contanct with this scammer.

Note this search on Royal Travel, 59 Southey Court, Denton, Manchester, M34 7WX click here

Your posting this information will alert and save others. Thank You and Well Done :=)

See this site for hints and advice in spotting au pair scammers;

http://www.universalaupairs.com/general/fraud.html
Last edited by The Enchantress on Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Photos - are scammers using yours? click here
Are you falling for a love scammer? click here
Never send money by Western Union/Moneygram.
Never give personal information.
Online anyone can claim to be anyone, any age and from anywhere.
#10844 by Arnold Sun Jun 21, 2009 5:59 am
Hanstefani wrote:
She loves cars, truck, trains, and anything that has wheels. She also loves to sing, dance, help bake and make smoothies. She's a smart little cookie and always finding ways to keep mommy and daddy on their toes. Hannah is a year plus and will be turning two come August. She's such a little happy camper. She loves to smile, laugh, play in the tub, swing, slide, drive cars with big sister.

Stolen from this (genuine) website http://nunezclan.blogspot.com/
Mommy is American. Anyone in the UK would say "mummy".
Still checking if Royal Travel is legit or not. Sometimes scammers misuse real businesses, sometimes they create fake websites.

#10845 by Ralph Sun Jun 21, 2009 6:07 am
I will keep adding search links as I find relevant results.

I have now turned my attention to Royal Travel and this came up Click Here

From wiki answers 1 year ago

Best Answer - Chosen by Voters
I have a similar situation here. I've got a potential employer who wants to get me as her office "assistance" (that's how she calls it) She also referred this agency down there in London...
Mr. David Hamilton
Royal Travel and Consultant Agency
Address: 153-155 Regent Street, Mayfair, London W1B
4JE, United Kingdom.
Tel: 0044 704 576 0658, 0044 702 408 0280
Fax: +44 709 289 7877
Email: [email protected]

Now you mentioned that this business does not exist, there's a 99% probability of a scam in progress.

Who's your employer?
1 year ago

Note the 4470 phone numbers used, these are UK redirect numbers, anybody in the world can get one and the calls will divert to wherever the owner likes, people who are actually in the UK have no need for these numbers

The 99% was not my words, 100% scam is far more accurate :wink:

I am just trying to open http://www.royaltravel.com/ and it isn't coming up for me, not sure if anybody else is having luck
#11102 by The Enchantress Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:58 am
Welcome to Scamwarners malinbrobergs. Well Done :=)

I am happy you realised the scam and have not lost any money.

If you have any questions or concerns, please post, we will be glad to answer and advise you.

#11114 by Diane68 Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:21 pm
Hello
This is definitely a scam, I got the same job offer, exactly the same emails and the same contract! I have already lost money, like you I guess...
What did you decide to do?
Diane
#11116 by The Enchantress Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:02 pm
Welcome to Scamwarners Diane68.

I am very sorry that you have lost money to this scammer.

We are happy to advise you and clear up any concerns or worries you have.

Please feel free to post any information or details about this scam, it will alert and save others.

Basic Scamwarners advice;

What do I do if I think I've been scammed?

Cease all communications with the scammer immediately. Delete any emails unopened and hang up if the scammer calls you.

Report the scam to your local police. There is not much chance that the scammer will be caught, as he is probably overseas and certainly using false details. However, the more scams are reported, the more the authorities can tell how widespread it is, and the greater the effort that goes into stopping it.

If you have given the scammer your bank account, credit card or other financial details, tell your bank, card company or other provider immediately, and ask them to change your accounts and card numbers.

Do not accept any deliveries that are from the scammer or that you are not expecting. If you receive a check or something similar (such as a money order) take it to your bank or local police and tell them you think it is fake.

Do not panic. Whilst scammers are criminals and some of them are dangerous, the risks are negligible if you simply stop communicating with them. If you are in any doubt about your safety, report your concerns to your local police, who will be able to advise you.

Don't expect to get your money back. I am afraid there is very little prospect of that happening, and anyone who tells you they can get your money back for a fee is a scammer.

#11270 by elisabeth Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:43 am
THANK YOU for everyone who wrote on Dr Garry patrick...and the Royal Travel agency.

They have send me the exact same contract and everyting!! I got sceptical when they wanted me to pay a deposit, and Im so glad I did a bit of research and found your notes.

I am not planning to waste my money on scams like these.

Thank you!!
#11299 by AlanJones Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:06 am
Hi elisabeth,

As Arnold said, it's nice to know that we helped you avoid being scammed.

I assume you are registered with one of the online Au Pair sites, and that is how the scammer got your details. You should be aware that there are many scammers operating on those sites and it is likely you will get more emails like the one you have already received. Legitimate host families will not ask you to pay fees by Western Union and neither will travel agencies. If there is any mention of Western Union or MoneyGram then it is a scam.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#11514 by R_Cowgirl Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:40 pm
First clue - If this guy is a Microbiologist, he would be able to string sentences together better. There are numerous clues where words like "the" and "In" and "a" are left out - - a sure sign it is being written by someone who doesn't speak English. Punctuation is also missing.

Second Clue - it says
Dr Patrick Garry and my wife's name is Mrs Simson Garry. I'm a American but married to an English woman. We are a happily married couple blessed with two lovely and wonderful daughter kids, Clara and Hannah. Clara is 3 years old while Hannah is 18 months old.

"Daughter kids?" There's a red flag... Later in the contract - they say the youngest is 16 months old, and Dr. Garry is a Banker.
And would you introduce your wife as "Mrs" anything along with your last name (unless it was a different last name?)

Third Clue:
All the writing styles are identical. It is obvious that this entire piece was fabricated by one person, sitting in a little room with no windows, conjuring up what an American Guy needing a child care helper would sound like. If this were real, you would see different styles, and a more business like writing style from the agency. Not to mention punctuation!

Anytime someone wants your birthdate, full name, passport info, or any of those private details, spend a little more time checking before giving that out. It's a phishing scam, plain and simple.

People like this prey on desperation and hopefulness. Shame on them. Good for you for checking. :=)
#11517 by Dotti Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:15 pm
Hi Cowgirl and welcome to scamwarners!

You are absolutely right that the grammar makes it clear that the author is not a native English speaker. I just want to point out that a microbiologist raised and educated in a non-English speaking country could be highly educated and still speak English poorly--so poor English is not always a sign of a scammer--unless the person is claiming to be from an English speaking country like this one is. Unfortunately, many of these scams target victims in countries in which English is not the first language, and mistakes that are obvious to us are not obvious to those victims. They also won't recognize the writing style similarities for the same reason.

And you are absolutely correct in your advice:
Anytime someone wants your birthdate, full name, passport info, or any of those private details, spend a little more time checking before giving that out.

But--this particular scam actually does not involve phishing in any way. In these scenarios, the scammer actually doesn't care about your personal details--he only asks for them because he is pretending to be a real employer, and he also wants to see how compliant you are. The real scam here involves connecting the victim to a "travel agent" or landlord, and then requiring the victim pay fees for passports, visas, and/or an apartment to live in for the "job".

The best thing to do in any of these scenarios is to check things out very thoroughly before sending personal information, and to avoid any "business" that uses western union or moneygram for business matters.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.