Has someone offered you a huge sum of money or a valuable consignment? It's a 419 or advance fee fraud - find out how they work, and what to do to be safe.
#10862 by Hanstefani Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:01 pm
first mail

Dear Aupair,
My name is Bill and am married to Sophie, We are looking for an individual

with experience to help manage our busy lives we are doctor family living in

Haringey London united kingdom which is only 25 minutes drive to central

London by car so you would be able to visit the sights on your days off.. My

wife is currently in Canada, doing a fellowship until, December 09. We have

2 kids, Hannah 4yrs and Lilly 3 yrs and we really want someone who is happy

to be a part of the family and not just an aupair/nanny.

WORK ROUTINE
The main work is looking after Hannah and Lilly before and after school,

including preparing meals, taking them to and from school, playing and

helping with homework. However, we'd love to have someone who'd be happy

to do additional work such as washing and ironing. Weekends (Saturdays

and Sunday) would be your free time. Core hours are from 9am to 3.30pm.

You'd need to be flexible enough to help out on those evenings..

HOUSING
We expect our aupair to live in with us and will have their own room with

bathroom, with TV, desk and chair, and an internet enabled laptop, DVD

and a deck.

SALARY AND WORKING HOURS
Salary: 2000 pounds per four weeks and 200 pounds per week for pocket

money
Working hours: Weekends would be your free time. Core hours are from

9am to 3.30pm
Minumum time of work: 2 months
Maximum time : 8 or 16 months
Expected time of arrival: July, August, September ,November or

December 2009

DOCUMENTS
If you are a part of the Eu citizens you wount need a visa nor working

permits ..but if you are not an Eu citizen you will certainly need a visa and

working permits which i am ready to take care of it through our legitimate

family private lawyer so that you can come over soon in no wasting of time.

ADDRESS
Home Address: 14 View Road, London, N6 4DJ united Kingdom

Here are some few questions we need you to answer:

Are you an EU citizen ?
Do you have parents ?
If yes are you currently living with your parents ?
Do you have a valid international passport ?
When would you like to start working ?
Could you tell me a little about your self?

Get back to me on my email : [email protected]

Dr Bill Riedmiller

_________________________________________________________________________________________

second mail

Hello Steffi
Am so sorry for the late reply and i also thank you for getting back to me on time and showing you truly want to be an aupair for our two girls, We have never had an aupair before but we also found out that you are the perfect one who can help us in taking care of Hanna and Lily and that was the reason why i choose you and I also hope that you will take care of my kids by showing them you are not just an aupair but also a member of my family and also taking my kids as your younger ones, well as i have told you before we are ready to employ you but you will have to sign a contract with out lawyer to show as a commitment that you are fully ready in working for us, our lawyer will be the one to take care of your documents no matter what documents you need to come to the United Kingdom and we shall also help you to pay for the expences but you will have to go into an agreement/contract with my lawyer due to my previous experience with au pair's, We have once paid for an au pair couple to London before but they ran away even before i got to the airport to pick them up at the London heathrow airport and there was one who said she cant come again due to the reason that she is ill but we later found out that it was all a lie , so we have been warned to always by our lawyer and the British Home Office to be extra cautions about the people we want to employ and also to make sure they go into an agreement showing as a commitment that they wount run away, molest our kids or being rude to us. so get back to me soon if you are willing to sign a contract with my lawyer so that i can give you my lawyers email address. We would also adore it if you stop talking to any other family after you get back back to us and willing to work . Get back to me soon.

Here are more questions for you below.

Would you like to live out or live in?
How long would you like to stay?
Are you ready to commit yourself as our aupair and also part of our family?
Would you like to go for English training or study other courses while working with us on your free days ( Saturdays and Sundays) and knowing that we will pay for the school fees?

___________________________________________________________________________________________
third mail

Dear Steffi
Am so glad that you have finally made up your mind in committing your self to our family and also to go into an agreement with our lawyer. As i have told you before we knew you will be able to take care of my kids the way it should and also teach my kids Hanna and Lilly what it really means to be a caregiver and an aupair and that was the reason why we choose you, We go to church on Sunday's and try to teach the kids the word of God our family loves football and we do see matches at times or whenever we are less busy during the weekends and also go to the parks too, do you love football ?
I want you to contact my lawyer and notify her you were being directed from me as my au pair and she will let you know what to do to get to work for me concerning the agreement which has be made by you before working for us legally. In no wasting of time and i will pay for your documents to be process including the flight expenses . Here is my lawyers email address, [email protected] I will be waiting to hear from you as soon as you go into an agreement with my lawyer... We hope to see you soon and also hope that you will take care of my kids by showing them you are not just an aupair but also a member of my family... let me know as soon as you are done with my lawyer so that i can monitior everything from here and also let me know whatever documents she needs from me to get your own documents done asap. Here is my lawyers email address again [email protected] and her name is Siobhan Pepper so contact her and get your papers ready so that you can come over to London in no wasting of time..I will also forward my family pictures in my next e-mail.

_______________________________________________________________________________________
Advertisement

#10865 by The Enchantress Sun Jun 21, 2009 2:20 pm
Welcome again Hanstefani. This is another scam job.

We are always happy to help and advice and by your posting this information you will alert others and save them being scammed. Well Done again :=)

According to this site http://aupair-visa-uk.greataupair.com/

[quote]In the UK, the recommended salary is approximately £50 per week for 25 hours, this must be paid on a weekly basis to the AuPair. AuPairs staying with families in country areas who have to travel quite far to language classes should receive above the "standard" pocket money to offset the cost of bus or train fares to their classes. An AuPair that works in 35 hours or more, normally earns approximately £75 depending on the hours.[quote]

Compare the reality with the scammers offer of £700 per week.

Photos - are scammers using yours? click here
Are you falling for a love scammer? click here
Never send money by Western Union/Moneygram.
Never give personal information.
Online anyone can claim to be anyone, any age and from anywhere.
#10889 by Ralph Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:08 am
I just picked out a small section of text and did an exact search on it, strangely enough it points to another scam email posted here already viewtopic.php?f=4&p=10351

note this line about the pay in each scam
"Salary: 2000 pounds per four weeks and 200 pounds per week for pocket"
#10908 by GomerPyle Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:40 pm
The ad says that the core hours are 9.00 am to 3.30 am and that you are to take and collect the children from school and help with their homework. It doesn't appear that you'll see much of the children then, and I don't expect that homework for children of that age is too challenging. Bring in a finger painting as homework ? :laugh-s:

The person writing that ad hasn't much clue about what they're talking about. The work mentioned doesn't fit in with the hours mentioned, but that's because the ad is a complete scam.

Non-EU citizens should go here to find out about obtaining a visa to work as an au pair in the UK
http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/doineedvisa/
Whenever payment is requested by Western Union you're dealing with a scammer
#13044 by Theresia Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:18 am
Hello,

I received exactly the same mail from Bill. Oh my God, I feel like such a fool. I sighned the contract and payed in all the money. And because I havn´t heard from him for about 2 weeks I decided to search if I could find his phone number to call him. And so I found this.
Could anybody tell me what´s the best to do now?
Thank you so much
Theresia
#13050 by Ralph Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:55 am
Hi Theresia

Welcome to Scamwarners

I am sorry to hear you have been scammed by these criminals, unfortunately I dont have any good news for you, any money you have sent is lost forever, there is no way to recover it.

Please stop all comunication immediately, they will continue to tell lies while they believe there is a chance of you sending more money, this may be from;

A recovery scam viewtopic.php?f=14&t=3198

Or perhaps a completely different scam to entice you to send more money.

I dont know what personal information you have sent but if you can give us an idea we may be better equipped to advise.

If you have any information that is different to what is posted please post it after emoving anything that could identify you.

Again, I am sorry this has happened to you, the only good news is that it could have been much worse had you not found us so for that, well done

You can see more information on Au Pair scams here viewtopic.php?f=34&t=3019

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask