Has someone offered you a huge sum of money or a valuable consignment? It's a 419 or advance fee fraud - find out how they work, and what to do to be safe.
#10923 by Ralph Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:43 am
It is just another scam, please dont fall for it.

I have done a few searches on this scam email, the following search on a section of the script gives a good result Click Here

----- Forwarded Message ----
Sent: Monday, June 22, 2009 10:00:24 AM
Subject:

FROM THE DESK OF Mr. Thompson Picker
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR OF THE CARDIFF BANK OF ENGLAND,
Unit 4/Village Way, Tongwynlais, Cardiff, CF15 7NE,
ENGLAND.

Dear Friend,

I am Mr. Thompson Picker Executive Director of the CARDIFF BANK OF ENGLAND,Unit 4/Village Way,Tongwynlais, Cardiff, CF15 7NE ENGLAND. An Iraqi named Haider Hanoon, a business man made a numbered fixed deposit of (46,815,892,597.14 IQD) for 18 calendar months; this is valued to Forty Million Five Hundred Thousand United State Dollars only in branch. Upon maturity several notices was sent to him,even during the war,three years ago (2005).

Again after the war another notification was sent and still no response came from him. We later found out that Haider Hanoon and his family had been killed during the war in Gunfire that hit their home at Mukaradeeb where his personal oil well was.After further investigation it was also discovered that Haider Hanoon did not declare any next of kin in his official papers including the paper work of his bank deposit. And he also confided in me the last time he was at my office that no one except me knew of his deposit in my bank.

So, Forty Four million Five Hundred Thousand United State Dollars is still lying in my bank and no one will ever come forward to claim it. What bothers me is that according to the laws of my country at the expiration five years six months the funds will revert to the ownership of the ENGLAND Government if nobody applies to claim the funds.

Should you be interested I will prefer you to reach me on the email address below:

E-mail:[email protected]

Your earliest response to this letter will be appreciated.

I await your response.

Mr. Thompson Picker
Advertisement

#10930 by Arnold Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:55 am
-
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR OF THE CARDIFF BANK OF ENGLAND,
Unit 4/Village Way, Tongwynlais, Cardiff, CF15 7NE,
ENGLAND.

My first thought was that this was a figment of the scammer's imagination, but the Bank Of England Cardiff Agency is at that address. They don't do private banking though.

Handy tip #94. Don't go into a Welsh pub on a Saturday night and announce that Cardiff is in England.