Has someone offered you a huge sum of money or a valuable consignment? It's a 419 or advance fee fraud - find out how they work, and what to do to be safe.
#11005 by AlanJones Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:54 am
This scammer seems to want to cover all bases and try Romance, Check and 419 scams all at the same time.

Here is the original email from 'her'

Received from: PHENNY CRINO <[email protected]>
Subject: Hello
IP Address: 83.143.9.91 Nigeria (Lagos)
Hi,

My name is Phenny and i am a consultant to different organization.My position is to handle a lot of money they wish to move around and to get some payment along with some of my representatives.

I am contacting you to solicit you help by being my assistance and i will be paying you $400:00 per week apart from some bonuses you will be receiving from me.for you help.

See,you are not doing anything strenuous work for me because it is a kind of part time job and it only require like 20 minutes of your time twice a week.

If you are interested,send me an email right now and we will start.

NOTE: Do you have any idea about instinct check ?

Kindly Regards.
Phenny Crino

Here are a couple of here other initial emails
Actually,i do sumit my application todifferent comapany expecially private firm.
I am presently working for Barry Johnson who manufactures and supplies both home and office furniture.

He has been his middle lady for the past 2 years and the work has been so tedious taht i cannot handle it all alone.He gave me a chance of meeting his customers one on one to and i had to sign an aoth because i have access to their bank account as a professional that does print checks whenever they are required to make payment to him.
I was the only one that used to print and cash the checks since then because of my eagerness of making enough money for myself as a single and career lady.Not quite long i decided to split the work into three different segment.

1: casher of the check
2: Printer
3: Co-ordination

I have have a various number of applicants,and theyu are only willing to cash the checks because non of them has experience of printing as i have wanted.Various of them have printed from qcheck and series of software,yet i was not satisfied as this area requires an experienced fellow.

Sir,i never new you from anywhere,i only serch people id on google and contact because am experiencinga lot of overwhelming work here right now as am the only one printing checks.

So,if you are interested in my proposal,i will like us to start immediatelly and i have attached my phograph with this email for your preview so as to have a picture of whom you will be workling with.Am so sorry i have to attach you this picture,i know it is not official but i do not have any one that is more cover than this on my laptop.

Hello Mike, I have thought of you often and hope you are well. You are an inspiration partner if am right.I hope we can talk soon. I and my brother were Born in California which after i was given birth to,my mum had an accident which took her more than 3 Months in hospital.She later survived it but the pain and continuous swelling of the leg kept on disturbing her which made her visited hospital often...Well,she eventually died as a result of this.

Mike,i have been thinking and disturbing myself so much about the way i have been living my life without a man that can impregnate me so as to raise a family called my own.Am still looking forward to doing that.Not that i never had people asking me out ,they do come because how do i know who is a real man for me.I do not want to live a kind of life that is so common to us in USA....Get married and later divorced.It's all bullshit to me which is why i have been taking my time to search for THE right MAN.

My brother has disturbed me so much over this,even when i was in school ''try to get at least boyfriend'' .I tried that but he he wanted was sex and i planned not to give him because of his unfaithfulness and his ways of life.

Mike...I am so sorry about your wife and i will urge you to take heart because this live itself is a bitch.Shits happen everywhere and it is only when it happens like that we remember to move to God.

I still keep your picture on my laptop and i wish to meet you as time goes on only if you want me to.

You have a child you are looking onto now?

Take care Mike.
Phenny

Sweaty,

Really i know you told me but i never thought it was going to be up to that extent of staying away for the whole weekend....I really missed talking with you.I don't know,you are just driving me crazy.................Is this not an infatuation for me ? Felling this way for a stranger all because of romantic and sexy picture............well,i will see how its going to work.

Mike i will love us to know each other very well,which is why i sent you all details about myself.......but if we can chat i think you will be able to ask me any question of your choice and that will draw us closer to ourselves. I have a yahoo messenger [email protected]

I received your address and i have sent it to people sending in the western union and i will let you know when money comes in.Perhaps,i will send you details of any check i want you to print for me.

I miss you so much Mike.

Babe,there is a client of minet that finds it difficult to send money via western union,but he wishes to do wire transfer.The money is not more than $1,000:00,I want him to do that today if youcan send me your

account number ,
account name ,
bank name ,
bank address,
phone number of the bank
and all necessary details that bank transfer requires.

I MISS U and am online now for you.

Here are a selection of the stolen photos that the scammer is using.

Image Image Image Image

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
Advertisement

#11006 by AlanJones Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:58 am
Here is a chat with the scammer, where they discuss check printing and also introduce the 419 element of the scam.

Phenny Crino (14:59): you allowed me to miss you too much than expected
Mike (15:00): Sorry, but I had to fly to Chicago to sort out a distributer who was trying to con me. He won't be trying that again
Phenny Crino (15:00): good babe
Phenny Crino (15:01): i hope you led hm know my honey is not as daft as he is ?
Phenny Crino (15:01): So,how was your trip ?
Mike (15:02): When he gets out of hospital I think he'll be very careful about who he tries to con. Trip was tiring got back late last night, but had to do the trip in one day
Phenny Crino (15:02): ok honey
Phenny Crino (15:03): i hope u will have time for me this time?
Phenny Crino (15:03): i love you so much Mike
Mike (15:03): yes I will. Did that money get sent to my account? I haven't received it yet.
Phenny Crino (15:04): well,that was what the rep tod me ,but i think he is having delay from his bank
Phenny Crino (15:04): neve bother about that byu now,cos i do no want stress for my baby
Phenny Crino (15:05): i will let you know when it is ripe time to pick it up
Mike (15:05): ok well don't forget to tell me what to do with the cash when I get it.
Phenny Crino (15:05): although i have wo checks top print today
Phenny Crino (15:05): ok baby
Phenny Crino (15:05): babe,i need to inform you about my travelling soon
Phenny Crino (15:06): has to do with my business
Mike (15:06): Where are you travelling to?
Phenny Crino (15:07): baby am so sorry abou the sad new,but i need to onitor the shipment o my package from Nig
Phenny Crino (15:07): am i allowed baby?
Phenny Crino (15:08): I need you more than the business, but its just that i have spent my last $ on it and i need to ship it into US for distribution.
Mike (15:09): Tell me about your travelling when are you going?
Phenny Crino (15:09): to africa baby
Phenny Crino (15:09): but am spending less than 4 days
Phenny Crino (15:10): but i will be communicaing with you and am coming to your place right from there
Mike (15:10): That's good will you be online over there?
Phenny Crino (15:10): yes babe
Mike (15:10): do you want me to print the checks for you baby?
Phenny Crino (15:10): i will go with my laptop and i think i should get connectionin an hotel there
Phenny Crino (15:11): yeah honey
Phenny Crino (15:11): just 2
Mike (15:11): OK you'll need to email me all the details that I need for the checks and then I can print them and ship them today.
Phenny Crino (15:11): ok babe
Phenny Crino (15:12): but we still have a lot of time bcos need to continue talking with you for now
Phenny Crino (15:12): i ahve missed you so much
Phenny Crino (15:12): i hope u still have my pics with u?
Mike (15:12): I've missed you too. it must be a long flight to africa.
Mike (15:12): yes i have your pics stored on my lap top
Phenny Crino (15:13): yes baby, but i have to
Phenny Crino (15:13): i told u about my business honey?
Mike (15:13): you told me you import stuff, but not what you import
Phenny Crino (15:14): yes baby
Phenny Crino (15:14): TOURMALINE GEMS STONE
Phenny Crino (15:15): remember?
Mike (15:15): Sorry, i think you did tell me that - is there good money in it?
Phenny Crino (15:15): oh my God
Phenny Crino (15:15): yes baby
Phenny Crino (15:15): that means you do not know about it?
Mike (15:16): I'm not real up on gem stones except knowing the ladies like them.
Phenny Crino (15:17): ok babe
Phenny Crino (15:17): there ar a lot of money in it babe
Phenny Crino (15:18): and i even hope of investing my money in it as a whole when i get my da's money
Phenny Crino (15:18): Oh,sorry..did i tell you about that at all?
Phenny Crino (15:19): are you there baby?
Mike (15:19): Sorry babe, I was looking at the gemstones online to see what they are like.
Mike (15:19): you didn't tell me about your dad or any money
Phenny Crino (15:19): ok honey
Phenny Crino (15:20): that was exactly what i old you i would like to discuss with you last time b4 ur jouney honey
Phenny Crino (15:21): http://www.gemstone.org/gem-by-gem
Mike (15:21): OK yes you did say you had something to discuss but didn't say what it was
Phenny Crino (15:21): o..can i tell you in details now baby?
Phenny Crino (15:21): ?
Mike (15:22): Yes go ahead
Phenny Crino (15:22): In 2005 b4 my dad's death,he was able to get a contract from Nigeria which he executed well
Phenny Crino (15:23): he was paid just 30% of the money by NNPC
Mike (15:23): OK, so what happened to the other 70%
Phenny Crino (15:24): after the completion of the project, they delayed the paymen of the 70% because they claimed the government of their country had to sign before they could release the payment into his account
Mike (15:25): So can you still get the rest of the money?
Phenny Crino (15:25): He was so mad at they they he had to come over to US then because my mum was seriously sick and we could not bear dad's absense anymore
Phenny Crino (15:26): On his way home after leaving the airport in US here,he had an accident and wa rushed to hosptal
Mike (15:26): I have some associates in Nigeria (Lagos to be exact) who might be able to help
Phenny Crino (15:27): Well,he later died and since then they were able to pay the money into his account he submitted to the company.
Mike (15:27): So how much money is it left to be paid
Phenny Crino (15:28): They would not give me the money all cos they want me married according to dad's will
Phenny Crino (15:28): $2M,650,000
Mike (15:28): I would have thought an attravtive girl like you would have no problem finding someone to marry
Phenny Crino (15:29): two million,six hundred and fifty thousand
Phenny Crino (15:30): Baby,its not as if men do not patronize me,but i needed to tae my time and face my life like dad did while he was alive
Phenny Crino (15:30): well,i know i will not fail in ur own case baby
Phenny Crino (15:30): are u there with me honey ?
Mike (15:31): yes baby, so how can I help you? My contacts in Nigeria have connections with some fairly powerful people in the government over there. Have you ever been to Nigeria?
Phenny Crino (15:32): honey,our family attorney bases there now as she is working as embassy lawyer
Phenny Crino (15:33): she knows about this money and she is ready to get the money for me ..all she wants me to do is to get a man of my own that will receive the money for me and advice me wisely on how to invest it
Phenny Crino (15:34): if you are interested in the gemstone stone,we an be rubnning it together bcos will want you to take 50% of the money when you receive it in your abnk account
Phenny Crino (15:34): i hope you ge me baby?
Mike (15:35): OK, sounds cool to me - so what we pretent we're married or something so that they will release the money?
Phenny Crino (15:35): i hope that will be better honey
Phenny Crino (15:36): but we need to be open to my attorney so that she will help us our because she promised thast as soon as am married and i present a man to he as my man,it would not take more tan 2 days ,the bank where the money is wll releae it into your accont
Phenny Crino (15:37): That means we need to act fast on it ..but baby,do u think if you invest huge money on your business it will still be okay for you ? Or are you thinking of changng business?
Mike (15:38): I can find an account where the cash can go that won't draw attention
Phenny Crino (15:38): ok..attention of IRS right?
Phenny Crino (15:39): i though as much baby..you are an intelligent man and this is why i will always count on you....
Mike (15:39): yeah. If I suddenly get $2mil in my account it will raise alarms
Phenny Crino (15:39): yes baby
Phenny Crino (15:39): Now let us start this way
Phenny Crino (15:39): are u listening t me baby?
Mike (15:40): yep go ahear baby
Phenny Crino (15:42): I will give u the attorney contact probably her email...u will mail her and tell her about our union first,then let her you ar ready to receuve my late father's money as both the attorney and the bank is waiting for my husband to receive the money.
Phenny Crino (15:43): are u there baby?
Mike (15:44): OK let me know her details
Phenny Crino (15:44): ok
Phenny Crino (15:44): i hope u will need my dad's full name as well?
Mike (15:45): Yep, I'll probably need full details of the contract and stuff like that as well
Phenny Crino (15:45): ok babe
Phenny Crino (15:45): am sendinf it now
Phenny Crino (15:47): Name: Cath Wallace
email: [email protected]

MY FATHER....

Paul Hanline
Project: Contruction of Pipe line in Jos Nig.
Phenny Crino (15:47): paul hanline is my dad's name....
Phenny Crino (15:47): Marry is my name.....
Mike (15:48): OK, I got all of that
Phenny Crino (15:49): if u need anything else let me know baby cos i want us to send her the emal now so that latest on Monday,you will ahve the mney in the account
Phenny Crino (15:49): which account ar u providing them baby?
Mike (15:49): Don't know yet babe, let me get in touch with her to advise her that we are married first and then I will come up with an account
Phenny Crino (15:50): ok babe..i hope u ar drafting the message t send to her now ?
Mike (15:51): I will in a while - I don't like to do too many things at once in case I make a mistake
Phenny Crino (15:51): That means i will hold on for a while till u finish that....am here for u honey
Phenny Crino (15:52): i will hod on baby..you are so incredible and i will love you forever
Mike (15:57): OK, I've written to the lawyer
Phenny Crino (15:57): you sent it to her then ?
Mike (15:58): yes
Phenny Crino (15:59): here is her email again baby cos we must not make any mistakes
Phenny Crino (15:59): [email protected]
Mike (15:59): yep that is the one that i used
Phenny Crino (15:59): ok babe
Phenny Crino (15:59): so,hw is ur plan for today?
Mike (16:00): I've gotta go talk to a couple of guys about some stuff that is coming in from south america next week. big shipment
Phenny Crino (16:00): we need to be together throughout today as u have missed you sexy so much
Phenny Crino (16:00): wow
Phenny Crino (16:00): that is good honey
Phenny Crino (16:02): babe,tell me ..ar u living with anybody ?
Phenny Crino (16:02): or do u have anygirlfrienf dot now?
Mike (16:03): no baby, I told you I'm single since my wife was killed
Phenny Crino (16:04): yes i remember ,baby it gets me hurt when i hear about klling of ur wife
Phenny Crino (16:04): who the hell did that baby?
Mike (16:04): it was unfortunate, but she messed with the wrong people
Phenny Crino (16:04): oh
Phenny Crino (16:04): i c
Phenny Crino (16:05): well,i hope we have lives now and we will be on top of the US when our money comes in
Phenny Crino (16:05): tell e baby,what business wil u advice me to invest in?
Phenny Crino (16:06): but u know we will have to be 2gether as soon as the money comes in?
Mike (16:07): yep i can't wait until we are together
Phenny Crino (16:08): oh my God,baby u ar driving me crazy here
Phenny Crino (16:08): i love u more every single second since i met you
Phenny Crino (16:08): u ar incredible man

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#11007 by AlanJones Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:05 am
Here is the first email from the fake lawyer

Received from: Cath Wallace <[email protected]>
IP Address: 83.143.10.168 Nigeria
Top of the day, sequence to your letter that I received in my office this evening. Kindly forgive me for taken time before I could reply to your letter.Am so happy concerning the marriage between you and Phenny because i have been telling her to get a man she loves right from her institution days but she would not do that which i think she was so hurt concerning her family's death.

In May 2006, there was a little event that no one noticed except for the few pained and flummoxed by it. 53 or more persons, mostly of Igbo descent, were participating either as players or spectators in the finals of a soccer tournament in a stadium somewhere in Lagos State.my client was driver around the stadium and there was an heavy traffic.He had to change his direction to where he had the fatal accident which my late client watched before he traveled out of annoyance of delayed on his payment.

Before I proceed, I will like to use this medium to assure you the same way I have assured Phenny because her late Father (Mr. Paul Hanline ) was so nice to the extent that I do not know the kind of adjective to qualify his goodness when he was alive. He was involved in an auto accident and people around rushed him to hospital but he eventually died in the same day.

Mr.Hunt, Mr. Paul Hanline deposited a sum of two million, two hundred thousand United States dollars in Central Bank of Nigeria which was the money paid to him by NNPC (Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation) as a result of contract awarded to him and they paid the payment into his account after his completion of the project.I want you to know that Phenny has explained how caring you are to her in details in her email I received this morning and I will like you to maintain the good recommendations she said about you. I also understand the fact that you are not only her husband,but also her mentol.Which is why i will urge you to advise her to invest the money wisely when you receive it soon because she is no more a kid and you are the head of the family.

On the receipt of your response to this email,i will send you an application letter which you will send to Central Bank of Nigeria where the $2.650 USD is and i will make myself available in remmittance department of CBN as soon as you send the applicaton letter to the bank.

Yours faithfully
Barrister Cath Wallace

And a further email from the 'Barrister'
Top of the day again, be informed that i have waited so long to hear from you so as to attach for you an application letter which you are to send top bank which is the first step to approach them on releasing the money t you.

Let it be know that have attached the application with this mail and you are advice o open it and endorse it with your signature and all applicable spaces.

After concluded the step above ,you will need to send it to Central Bank Of Nigeria remittance department where your application will be granted for the remittance of the fund to you probably this week in as much a we act fast on this matter.Send the application letter to the information bellow :

[email protected]
MR. PHILIP IKEAZOR
GENERAL MANAGER
( REMMITANCE DEPARTMENT OF CBN )
CENTRAL BANK OF NIGERIA.
Tel: 234-702-316-4818

Mr. Mike ,i want you to know that I am an international lawyer ,which means i travel a lot and i will not want to leave this country without concluding this fund transfer .So,i will want you to always act accordingly and fast to any instruction i give you which will help you top receive this fund immediately.

Furthermore ,I will want you to notify me of receipt of any mail you receive from me which will give me a clear mind that you have received my message n good health.Besides ,do make sure you check your email at every single minute as from today because you might need to receive a vital and urgent information from me by doing this ,I believe you will receive this money before the end of this week because am doing all my best here to make sure i conclude this in the interest of how nice my late client was.

My regards to your wife and i hope both of you are feeling well ? Happy married life .

I hope you can see the email where you are to send the application letter ? Make sure you send it today becue it will help alot .It will make us rund off before the weekend.

Your Sincerly,
Barrister Cath Wallace

#11011 by AlanJones Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:42 am
Phenny has just asked me to pick up a MoneyGram transfer for her.

Based on the details that 'she' has given, I have worked out that 'she' is connected to Homebest Enterprise Ltd, details of whom can be found here.

#11022 by AlanJones Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:17 pm
Here is another email received from the 'lawyer'
Top of the day ,sequence to my visit to CBN remittance department today. Be informed that things was not very easy when i first got to the office of the direction of remittance department without.It was a surprise for him to see an international lawyer i their office because he was not in office yesterday when i when to make an official application to see the general manager ,but i was only given a form to fill and i had to include the purpose of the application in the application space in the for which i think that gave them the true tale of my visit.

Nevertheless ,i was able to have a thorough discussion with him concerning your money and with the present situation of things, it clearly showed on their data that the total sum of your money is $2.650, 000:00 USD .

Before i left Mr.Philip's office ,i was able to see a prove of the claimed amount of money and i draged with them why the actual deposited amount without dividend.He explained and i had to agree with their banking protocol which says any unclaimed fund expecially non-fixed fund does not accept penalty of increament at any point in time because it is under the monitoring of country's government.

Mr.Hunt,i will urge you to please let accept the actual amount of $2.650,000:00 USD without any further digging to sue them for the dividend issue because i thank God that my late client's money is not a waste at the end of all he did to this country.

In conclusion ,we rounded off the table and officail discussion with the outcome that he will officially contact you but it is going to be on email as i could not supply your telephone number to him for immediate consultation.Like i said to you yesterday ,and i will still repeat ,do make sure you check your email often this days because bank or myself may have a vital and urgent message to pass across to you which is going to be related to you money.So ,do make sure you send me your cell phone # to pass to him today and let me know if you have heard anything from him via email yet.Always check your SPAM MAIL ,BULK MAIL AND INBOX for proper arrangement.

Hunt , i need to advice you on something very important ,you and i know that this money you are about to receive is not a small amount of money and it is a kind of money that turns one's life for everlasting better.So ,do keep everything only between you and your wife.

Finally ,make sure you do not hesitate to contact me in case you need any help concerning this refund.

Your Sincerely,
Barrister Cath Wallace

#11105 by AlanJones Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:45 am
Further investigation has higlighted that this scammer is also running 419 fees scams using the following details:

FINANCIAL UNION LTD
United Kingdom, London sw15 1rx
Email: [email protected]
FAX : +447006054988
TEL: +447909996266

Also using the name Paul Williams and the email address - paulwilliams64 <[email protected]>