Has someone offered you a huge sum of money or a valuable consignment? It's a 419 or advance fee fraud - find out how they work, and what to do to be safe.
#11019 by Ralph Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:28 pm
This email came to me from [email protected]

It is just another scam, notice they dont mention what this surname is, that's because they dont know

They have no money, that why they want you to send fee so they can live a life of luxury and leave you poor

Hello, I am Kun Chun, a legal practitioner. A defunct client of mine, that bears the same last name as yours, passed away due a heart-related condition on January 12th 2005. His heart condition was as a result of the death of all the members of his kinsfolk in the tsunami disaster on the 26th December 2004 in Sumatra Indonesia. I am contacting you to seek your consent to present you as a successor to my late client, who has a deposit of $19million. This will be executed under a legal arrangement that will protect you against any legal ramification. If this business proposition offends your moral values, do accept my apology. I can be reached on: [email protected] Best regards,Kun Chun.
Advertisement

#13294 by AntiAol Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:44 pm
yeah I got the same email a couple of minutes ago, a bit different tho.

Hello,

I am Kun Chun, a legal practitioner. A deceased client of mine, that shares the same last name as yours, died as a result of a heart-related condition on January 12th 2005. His heart condition was due to the death of all the members of his family in the tsunami disaster on the 26th December2004 in Sumatra Indonesia. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2004_India ... earthquake

I am contacting you to seek your consent to present you as the beneficiary to my late client. He has a deposit of (US$19,000,000).

This will be executed under a legitimate arrangement that will protect you against any legal ramification. If this business proposition offends your moral values, do accept my apology.

I can be reached on: [email protected]

Best Regards
Barrister Kun Chun.

This communication, links contained herein, is for the sole use of the intended recipient and may contain information that is confidential or legally protected.
#13296 by The Enchantress Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:48 pm
Welcome to Scamwarners AntiAol. A definite advanced fee fraud. Delete and do not reply.

The mail is slightly differently worded and has a different contact mail address.

It may be the work of another scammer using the same "fake" name or a re-work and update by the same scammer.

Well Done for posting this information. It will alert and save others from being scammed. :=)
Last edited by The Enchantress on Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Photos - are scammers using yours? click here
Are you falling for a love scammer? click here
Never send money by Western Union/Moneygram.
Never give personal information.
Online anyone can claim to be anyone, any age and from anywhere.
#13361 by Ralph Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:04 am
My guess is the same scammer, if you look at the email address you will notice the number is the only difference.

It is very common for scammers to create 20 or more email address with different numbers just so they have them ready to use when the last one has been reported and deleted.
#13510 by kmcquarrie Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:52 am
I received this email this evening. Its obviously a scam, I hope it doesn't have any viruses in it! The only reason I paid attention to it is because my father lives in that area of Indonesia and we havent spoke for years....but this makes me feel better to know its fake. The 19 mill kinda tipped that off too. :beer:
______________________________________________________________________________________
Hello,

I am Kun Chun, a legal practitioner. A deceased client of mine, that shares the same last name as yours, died as a result of a heart-related condition on January 12th 2005. His heart condition was due to the death of all the members of his family in the tsunami disaster on the 26th December2004 in Sumatra Indonesia. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2004_India ... earthquake

I am contacting you to seek your consent to present you as the beneficiary to my late client. He has a deposit of (US$19,000,000).

This will be executed under a legitimate arrangement that will protect you against any legal ramification :bondage: . If this business proposition offends your moral values, do accept my apology.

I can be reached on: [email protected]

Kun Chun.
Attorney At Law.

This communication, links contained herein, is for the sole use of the intended recipient and may contain information that is confidential or legally protected.

----------------------------------------------------------------
This message was sent using IMP, the Internet Messaging Program.
#13511 by Ralph Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:01 am
Hi KM

Welcome to Scamwarners

I am so glad you will not be falling for this scam

It is not usual for scammers to deliberately send you virus' they need you computer in tip top condition in order to scam you.

That is not to say that they will not inadvertantly send you a virus.

Generally speaking, you are reasonabley safe, so long as you dont open attachments

If you have any questons please feel free to ask.