Has someone offered you a huge sum of money or a valuable consignment? It's a 419 or advance fee fraud - find out how they work, and what to do to be safe.
#11154 by viniciusbbasso Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:43 pm
I have received so many emails and lost a lot of money with this. I would really like it if you could help me. Now I have my doubts about 2 emails:

Hello Au pair, Let me first introduce myself to you, I am Mrs. Margaret Hooke who is married to Mr.Hooke,we live together at 15 Church St London, N9, United Kingdom. My family is an easy going fun fair and catholic worshiper who respect other people religion and will not count that against any Au pair that will want to work for my family and lovely kids. I have 2 kids named Robbin and Kate, they are the apple of my eyes and i don't play with them at all, they are very intelligent and smart kids. I work full time and the children have a full set of activities they enjoy. I have a very loving family & will welcome the right candidate & make them feel very welcome in my house. I am seeking an Au Pair who is honest, reliable, kind & considerate. I would like some English to be spoken, but am happy to provide & pay for an English course for the successful applicant in my home! I am looking for someone to join our family and help take some of the day to day pressure off me so that we can all enjoy the good things of family life. As a family we enjoy barbecue (weather permitting),socializing, generally having fun, reading, computers, TV, the boy love computer games and my daughter arts & crafts. Food is another great love of ours - given the time I enjoy cooking. I will want an Au pair that is ready to come over hear hopefully by first week of next month,She will be treated as part of my family and not just like an Au pair.You will be paid a sum of 625 Pounds on weekly bases, also you will be paid 150 Pounds per week as your pocket money and will be subjected to changes base on your performance.I will take care of Possibly health insurance and car insurance and you will travel with us on vacation with some free time off.Also I will want you play with the kids and teach them new things so as to widen their horizon,all necessary incentives like your personal car,accommodation,bathroom e.t.c will be taking care of by me. Other incentives will be added to your salary which will be disclose to you when you get to my family. What i need is a your honesty and love for my kids that is all.In conclusion, this is to let you know that you are the one to shoulder for your Traveling expenses ranging from your Visa,working permit and i will be the one to shoulder for your flight fee just the same way i did for my previous au pair.If you have any question, do not hesitate to ask me,I will be looking forward to hearing from you soonest.
Warm Regards,
[email protected]
Mrs.Margaret Hooke
Advertisement

#11155 by Arnold Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:22 pm
Welcome to Scamwarners, and I'm sorry to hear you've been scammed in the past.
The email you quote is also a scam as you suspect, and as it happens, was posted here two days ago. These scam emails are sent out in bulk.
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2920&p=11064&hilit=fun+fair#p11064
Poor English, the pay is far too high, and the email was sent from Nigeria.
You mentioned two emails?

EDIT. If as it seems your username is your real name, I suggest you PM a moderator and ask to change it to something more anonymous.

#11161 by AlanJones Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:26 am
Hi viniciusbbasso and welcome to ScamWarners,

As Arnold says, this is a scam.

I would guess from the fact that you say that you have received many emails, that you are registered on the website GreatAupairs as an au pair looking for a host family. I also have a profile on there, and sadly every single contact that I have had from there has been a scammer.

If you are still looking for au pair work, then I would suggest that you search for a proper au pair agency in the country you are interested in and deal through them. They will act as an intermediary between you and potential hosts and they will have vetted the host family before adding them to their books.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.