Has someone offered you a huge sum of money or a valuable consignment? It's a 419 or advance fee fraud - find out how they work, and what to do to be safe.
#11244 by mariz Sat Jul 04, 2009 7:59 am
here are some of the names and family who send message to me as they needed an Au pair:

removed names until context of scam is provided -Jillian

All they send me message and just like the other format they will refer me to travel agencies.Hope you reply soon because until now they still contacting me.
Advertisement

#11245 by Arnold Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:10 am
Welcome to Scamwarners. There is no comprehensive list of scammer names and email addresses, I'm afraid. There are just too many scammers. And we wouldn't tell you that it was a genuine reply to an advert just because we don't know the name of the sender.
It's the format that really identifies a scam, and you seem to know the signs so you don't seem at risk of being scammed
Post any you're not sure about though.
Last edited by Arnold on Sat Jul 04, 2009 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

#11248 by Clair Sat Jul 04, 2009 12:40 pm
Hi Mairz, Welcome to Scamwarners! As Arnold said we don't have a list a scammers, because there are just too many of them. We do have many reports of scams involving Au Pair jobs in this thread: http://www.scamwarners.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=9

Would you also please post up the email addresses of the scammers you mentioned in your original post? Any information you post here could potentially prevent other people from becoming victims.
Last edited by Clair on Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#11257 by AlanJones Sat Jul 04, 2009 3:03 pm
Hi Mairz,

As the others have said, there is no list of scammers and just because someone doesn't appear here, it doesn't mean they are genuine.

There are certain tell-tale signs of a scammer though

1. Did the original email come from a different address to the one you reply to.
2. The original email is not addressed personally to you, but to dear Au Pair
3. If the family or travel agency claim to be in the UK, but use a phone number starting +44 70
4. The travel agency has a free webmail email address.

and finally and most importantly if you are asked to send any money by Western Union or MoneyGram

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#11286 by The Enchantress Sun Jul 05, 2009 1:38 pm
Hope this helps mariz.

See this site for hints and advice in spotting au pair scammers;

http://www.universalaupairs.com/general/fraud.html

Also this is great advice;

Au Pair Scam Warning & Fraud

Do not send cash, Checks, Western Union or MoneyGram payments to aupairs or families requiring au pairs.

There have been numerous reports of families being scammed by people posing as an aupair or nanny and requesting that families send money via Western Union, MoneyGram or cash for airfare or other needs so that the candidate could meet the host family.

We also have uncovered numerous attempts by scammers who pose as a family, that sends emails and bogus checks to au apairs and nannies as supposed advance payments for au pair and nanny services and then requesting that you send part of, or the whole amount, back as the scammer no longer needs your services. The ploy is to send you a bogus check and then have you send him a good check or a payment by Western Union.

Schemes may be elaborate, involving supposed travel agents, professors, deans, parents and other false references. Verify the IP addresses of emails you receive from all references to make sure they originate from the place of work or country where the reference supposedly lives. Do not be fooled. Read the GreatAupair Complaints Section to make sure you're not falling victim to a scam.

http://www.greataupair.com/public-forum.cfm/type/3

Photos - are scammers using yours? click here
Are you falling for a love scammer? click here
Never send money by Western Union/Moneygram.
Never give personal information.
Online anyone can claim to be anyone, any age and from anywhere.
#11301 by mariz Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:12 am
Hello Aupair/Nanny.
We are Sophie and Christopher Robinson from in California United State of America .We have 3 children name and aged:john 9 month old why mary is 5yrs and Michael is 4 yrs my Husband is a business man, and presently he is the Managing Director of Prints Specialty,BishopThere he handle most commercial and private printing of British Government and the General public.we live at 1255 East Arques Avenue
Sunnyvale, CA 94085.
Just 2 months ago,i being a qualified Lawyer, was appointed as the chief Judge Magistrate court and this has make me not to have enough time to handle the care of the kids especially the little boy john who is the youngest among of our lovely kids, because i have to attend many court cases and many meetings with the Bar Association.
Therefore,we both Suggested to look for an Aupair/Nanny who will be God fearing,hardworking and mostly honest in service.Michael and mary started school,while john will be keeping
you entertained at home during the
day.For your coming, We have arrange a weekly salary of 1000$ for you, A room well furnished with modern Electronics and Internet facilities and a Mobile Phone.You will only work 8 hours daily which is 40 hours a week excluding weekends,You will have access to travel with the family on weekends when required,If you can drive you will have access to any of our 4 cars to drive around;On your days off you can enjoy the CA sun on one of the many beautiful beaches just a short drive
away.We also have a summer house by the lake which we would like you to spend some time with us in.If you are interested in learning English language or go to school,we can arrange a part time study for you in any of our city colleges and we will make all necessary
payments.Hope you are satisfied with our arrangements for you.
If so kindly write us back to discuss further on how we will arrange your travel plans for you so that you can join,and i will be given you pocket money every week which is 100 pound.but mind you i will will help you paid your out of your travel document only if you dont have valid visa and work permit.
i will like to tell you once again that i needed you urgently in my home,if you don't have a valid visa and working permit i will help you pay out of the money for the processing your document and you will pay the balance for that and i want you to contact the travel agency that will help you with your document this is there contact email... [email protected] make sure you get back to me so that i can know the next step
Regards,
On Behalf Of Christopher Robinson Family
[email protected]
you can even chat with me on yahoo messenger IM Here [email protected] but i don't usually come online i am busy man,you can e-mail me and i will get back to you.
my contact phone is +1206-666-3061kindly e-mail here this my office email [email protected] get back to me with what the agency told you after you contacted them.

Hello Aupair!
I am Dr.victor Davies . from the U.K. i found your address on
www..greatnanny.com,when searching to get an aupair for my kids, and
i want you to be my kids nanny.I am in need of an aupair.I am
interested in having you work for my family as an aupair.I am a single
parent who is easy going, approachable and need someone to be a guide
to my little and fun loving Kids Betty And Daniel . Am a Building
Contractor and We live in Manchester City,i need someone to take care
of my kid and fill her mother's space, we have made adequate
preparation for your arrival and if you want to attend college the
closest is about 2miles away with a wide range of courses to suit part
time study also benefits you stand to gain living with us like
occasional extras, like nights out, take aways etc.You will have the
use of a well furnished apartment plus access to my whole house, The
au pair would have a room, which is huge, and has a double bed, with
sitting area and TV/DVD/Video/Hifi. There is wireless broadband
internet in the house. Working hours:07.30 to 09.00 about 60-90
minutes of housework a day to fit in with the au pair's schedule..
25-30 hours a week, i want you to be my kids nanny. Let me know when you will be
available, also how long are you willing to stay in the United Kingdom.
Do you have a valid visa to travel down here.I hope to hear from
you soon.Kindly signify your interest so that we can both work towards
making your coming a reality in the shortest possible time,
Hope to hear from you soon..

Best Regards,

Mr.victor Davies

Hello Au pair,

I am Wilson Hogan and i am in need of a nanny because our nanny had to go back to her country cos her mother was very sick and her attention was needed, i got your email address on an aupair site, read your profile and i think you are just the perfect nanny we are looking for to be taking care of our kids for us.

We have two kids Diane and Joe, Diane is 2 while Joe is 4 years old, i work at Elvis Insurance Company as the Manager and my Wife works at Nat west bank, we close very later from work and ever since our nanny left our kids have been staying with my mother and she stays about 2 hours drive but we will like our kids to be staying with us and that is why i am contacting you to know if you are interested in taking care of our kids for us while we are off to work, we stay in London on York Street and here is our address 253 Berkeley street, Westminster, London,

You will be staying with us so you don't have to worry about where you will be staying when you get here cos we leave in a big house that has lots of rooms and i am sure you will like our place and also your room, you will be having all the privacy you want so you have nothing to worry about, and about payment we will be paying you 700 pounds every week and that does not include you taxes cos we will be taking care of that and you will be free on Saturday's and Sunday's and you can go anywhere you like,

I will be more than happy to have you working for us and i will be waiting to read your reply to know if you are ready to work for us.

Regards,
Wilson & Family

Hello Aupair
My name is Simeone Williams , I am a Fashion Designer Divorced with a kid Paul He is 7 years and we live in London UK, I am a very busy woman and I need a caring,gentle ,sociable person to take care of my darling boy while i am at work or when i am on my business trips, you take him to school and bring him back , and you try to make him comfortable and try in your very best to teach him many things you can . Salary pay will be 2120 pounds monthly and additional bonuses will be given to you depending on how diligent you are towards your work . You will have a room and Internet service and a car if you can drive for your day to day activities
Now to the issue of air ticket , work visa , work permit and every other documentation necessary for getting this job . I will shoulder all expenses so you will not need to worry about that but you will have to sign a contract letter and make a deposit fee of 475 pounds for my security and My Lawyer will take this into account too
The deposit money will be returned to you when you move over here in the UK, if you do not agree to this terms and conditions of work please do not bother to reply this email if you agree to this , i will be expecting your reply

Best Regards
Simeone Williams

Is there any family who or employer who is true or not a scam how i can get to know the real family who needs an au pair than the family or person who's just fooling only or scamming?
#11302 by AlanJones Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:34 am
Hi Mariz,

On first look, all of those look like scams to me. The main things that gives them away is the very poor grammar, the high salaries being offered, a travel agency using a free live.com email address and a request for money as a 'security deposit'.

The problem with the greataupair web site is that they allow free members to contact each other, so there is no way of knowing whether the person is legitimate or not. I would recommend that you do a search on Google for an Au Pair agency in the country that you want to work in and find one that actually interviews/verifies all of their host families.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#11367 by mariz Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:16 am
Hello,

Thank you for choosing PM International Corp. You may access our offer message by clicking on the following link: http://www.express-translation.co.uk/offer.html

We are a European based multi-branched company. This branch in the Republic of Bulgaria renders services to customers located and residing in your part of the world.

In case you become our customer we are ready to prepare immediately the following items, observing the European requirements and standards, valid for Ireland:
1. CV European standard
2. Work permit application form
3. Motivation letter, containing
4. Your personal registration number from the foreign work force office

If you are interested, please, e-mail us or chat with our online customer service officer at yahoo messenger: expresstransl1 You can also phone us at: 00359 887 517531. As soon as you contact us we will get in touch with All-aboutJobs team in order to request your personal details, with your kind permission.

Yours sincerely,
PM International Corp.

Hello!

I was glad to find out that your entire application package is prepared and ready to be sent. Upon receipt, please, print them on quality paper put them in an envelope and post them over to the employer. We recommend you to send them by courier company. The best option is if you have relatives who live in the European Union to send your application package to them. It always makes excellent impression to the employer if the applicant’s documents arrive through mail or courier from an address in the European Union. According to us this somehow makes up for the fact that the applicant is a foreigner. Our experience indicates that most employers accept such applicants as in a way “internal” people, i.e. foreigners who are adapted and accustomed to.

We shall contact the company/employer in a few days to make sure that your application is already there and to hear about their initial statement. We will keep you informed.

We would like to emphasize that we are also interested in the successful completion of your application. In this regard, we are doing our best to make your job transfer successful.

Of course, at this stage of your application process, the most important thing is to have the employer’s final confirmation upon receipt of your application package and his willingness to take the necessary steps to apply for a work permit for you and then for a visa, which allows you to legally stay and work in the country.

In this case we will be of any help to you in each one of the necessary steps, which should be taken – from visa obtaining in the Embassy to the very departure for the country and your meeting there upon arrival.

Of course, we should not disregard the possibility of a negative direction of your present application. It is reasonable to bear that in mind - this option is possible, though we believe your case is not of such kind.

In this relation, we can offer you some other alternatives for obtaining legal rights to live and work in a member state of the European Union. Of course, at this stage, it is too early to consider alternatives other than the current one. Now we have the opportunity (very probable indeed) to have the employer himself make this transfer, which is relatively easy to be done, so that you can start working in his/her company.

As we have already said, this is the best possible way in our case, but even if there is a negative result, we should not be discouraged – there are multiple other real opportunities for legal job start abroad. In both cases we will be there and you can rely on our efficient help.

Well, we wish you good luck in your future initiative and hope for good news shortly! After all, we have complied with all initial requirements, so now we are within our rights to hope for a successful end.

Yours faithfully,
All-aboutJobs team

They said i have already an employer in Ireland and they have already send my application form from Bulgaria To Ireland they also show me my working permit in Ireland.They said i will just wait shortly i will be going to receive a letter from my employer and they will send it through post mail directly in my home address here in Philippines. That's why i want to know if they are also a legal or scam one? Thank you and God bless!
#11403 by Arnold Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:29 am
100% scam.
Registrant's address:
16 New Dur Courtyard
Durham
Durham
DH1 2LZ
United Kingdom

Relevant dates:
Registered on: 06-Nov-2008
Renewal date: 06-Nov-2010

No such address as far as I can see. According to their website "On May 21st 2008 Express Translation served their 20 000th customer. " Six months before they set up their website. Any business with that many customers would have had a website from the start. The site quotes a googlemail email address. They take payments by Western Union.
Te English isn't bad, but it isn't the writer's native language
Further information showing it's a scam can be found here.
http://www.fraudwatchers.org/forums/sho ... hp?p=71736
It looks likely that the scammers will also join Scamwarners to try and discredit my posting. Don't bother. We will notice.

#11728 by mariz Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:45 am
Translation service

We are a European company and our branch office was registered in the town of Plovdiv, Republic of Bulgaria in 1995, Our registration number (BULSTAT) is 115341453.

Our company is publisher of the website www.express-translation.co.uk – a popular administrative service provider in Great Britain. We provide administrative, legal, technical, certification and translation services for European Union citizens, willing to work in another EU country as well as for citizens of other countries (as it is in your case) who are willing to obtain the right to work and live in one of the EU countries.

We would like to add that our company has good reputation and is known as a correct and reliable partner.

We have official state registration (license) that gives us right to handle personal information. This guarantees you that if you potentially give us your personal information, and the Law will protect it.

We have solid experience in the sphere of documents preparation services – AF, work permissions for SELF-EMPLOYER activity (that also gives right to work under regular work contract), documents for permanent residence, obtaining of residence card; family reunion and other administrative services – for all European Union countries.

We complete services for obtaining of National Insurance number, registrations in the state work force office, opening of bank accounts, registrations in the revenue service and etc. Some of these services we do even for free – for current or former customers using our other services.

The branch in the Republic of Bulgaria provides services to our
customers from the part of the world where your country is located. You may contact us at: +359 887 517 531 and YAHOO-messenger: EXPRESSTRANSL1 . We serve applicants of reputable and well-known jobsites.

We are capable of completing your potential order in about one work days. We guarantee that your documents will be prepared with excellent quality, observing the current European Union standards.

The price of the complete application package is 29 pounds (32 Euro), which includes preparation and formatting of a motivation letter, graphic styling of a European format CV and filling in of an AF (application form) for obtaining of work permission. In case you use our company, we will register you in the foreign state work force office as a bonus.

In order to have your documents package filled in and in case you delegate this order to us, we are ready to contact your recruiter and request yours and your employer's details and fill all this information in the corresponding sections.

If you like our terms of work, please, make a transfer of the sum of 29 pounds (32 Euro). You may pay online or make a bank transfer to the bank account of our branch which will realize the service:

Bank account of PMedia I'nl TRANSLATE Corp.

PMedia I'nl TRANSLATE Corp.
sort code: 523044
account Nr.: 38700824
IBAN: GB94NWBK52304438700824

National Westminster Bank Plc
Durham Branch
12 Market Place,
Durham, DH1 3NG, United Kingdom

You may make the bank transfer from any bank in your country. It is necessary to make certain that you name is written in as a "payer" in the corresponding bank document.

In case you want to pay for our service by credit card, please click on the button below (you are paying 29 GBP which is relevant to 32EUR)

Apart from the options of payment by bank transfer or credit card, you may also make the payment for our service using the international payment system WESTERN UNION or MoneyGram. In this case, please, write in the name of "Zhivka Asenova Yaneva ", town of Plovdiv, Republic of Bulgaria, Europe in the payment receiver section. After you make the transfer, please, send us an email in order to notify us for the Money Transfer Control Number
(MTCN).

Payment recommendations:

As we have already explained, our customers from your region (your country and its bordering countries) are serviced in our branch in the Republic of Bulgaria, which is a European Union member country(however, our costs there are lower which allows us to keep the prices of our services lower - your documents will be prepared exactly there and
their quality will be the highest). When you arrive in the Western part of the European continent the additional services included in the pack will be provided by the company's office in Liverpool, England.

So, you will not have any other expenses if pay for our services by credit card. If you
do not have such, it will be best to use WESTERN UNION - their fees are significantly lower than the bank transfer fee.

In any case, your documents will be 100% filled in and ready to send within two days of receipt of our service fee. The documents will be of excellent quality.

Upon your arrival in Europe, you will need documents - official forms with your personal details for the permanent residency registration at the local police station, for registration in the Revenue service and in order to get a social security number (a work card). You will also
have to open a bank account to which the employer will transfer your payment each week.
Upon your arrival in Europe, all necessary registrations including opening a bank account will be provided in case you use our paperwork service. The staff of our company, in our Liverpool office, England will complete this future service. That service is included in the package costing 29 GBP (32 EUR), i.e. you will not pay any additional fees. It also includes documents preparation necessary for the work visa. Fortunately, there is a representative of ours in the country where you are leaving for. He/she will assist you with all the administrative issues upon you. The authorities often require additional papers which are also included in those 29 GBP (32 EUR).

Thank you for your kind attention!
Faithfully Yours:
PMedia I'nl TRANSLATE Corp.

When using the services of PMedia I'nl TRANSLATE Corp.., you should have read and have agreed to the Terms and Conditions for administrative, legal, translation or other services, described on www.express-translation.co.uk

thank you hoping for your answers.....---->Mariz
#11731 by GomerPyle Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:03 am
Based on the reply above, the company have some small grasp of the English language, but not much else

permanent residency registration at the local police station

If that is an indication of their knowledge of UK immigration procedures then they are clueless, which is apparent from the muddled and vague details they give, but they aren't expecting you ever to arrive in the UK. They just want your money.

http://www.consumercomplaints.in/compla ... 716/page/3

hey pals ,iam williams from andhra pradesh,have no job tried for the job through this jobineurope .net ,they indirectly charged me first 30 euros and for courier15 euros ,i have sent them through western union through my friend in u.s.a to bulgaria address then they told me to wait for work permit which is a false claim after 35 days they told to again apply from bulgaria for that they are asking me 60 euros with that i got angry with them as iam searching the internet i came to conclusion that company is cheating the people even their first page of website is COPIED from the SOFTWARE COMPANY WEBSITE WWW.IDOSAP.COM.SO I REQUEST MY FRIENDS TEACH JOB IN EUROPE.NET A FITTING LESSON BY TAKING SOME LEGAL ACTION .

Another version here

http://www.express-translation.com/ets.html

We have official state registration (license)

The website actually contravenes UK and EC law in not giving a registered address or VAT number.

Non-EU citizens should go here to find out about obtaining a visa to work as an au pair in the UK
http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/doineedvisa/
Whenever payment is requested by Western Union you're dealing with a scammer
#11732 by GomerPyle Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:27 am
This is a reply the UK Embassy in the Philippines gave to someone asking about these scam job offers, and it's quite sensible.

These scams are directed at countries like India, the Philippines, Sri Lanka and Nepal, which is why the amount of money being requested is not a large amount.

The British Embassy offer the following advice on UK job offers:

Job offers and Lottery Frauds - BEWARE!

There are many attempted frauds at present, often by email, targeting Filipino citizens, faking a UK connection. Some of these apparently UK-based scams are in fact based overseas, but use forwarding addresses in the UK, international email addresses and UK mobile phone numbers. So although scams may appear to come from the UK, the perpetrators are actually based in Nigeria or elsewhere.

Most offers sent unsolicited by email are fraudulent. People who send share offers by email are often fraudsters. Any person or company who asks for bank account details online or by phone is usually fraudsters. Any offer of cash - released in exchange for cash or bank account details - is likely to be fraudulent.

Job Offers

Genuine UK companies are registered and can be checked on www.companieshouse.gov.uk. Genuine UK companies would not give a mobile telephone number for contact details.

UK company addresses can be checked on
www.upmystreet.com.uk. Most genuine UK companies would not use a "hotmail or yahoo" email account.

The British Government does not send unsolicited emails with job offers, either directly or through agents. Any such approach is therefore from a fraudster. Government vacancies are advertised on our official websites, in the UK on
www.careers-civilservice.gov.uk

Beware - some "job scams" are very sophisticated. Genuine UK company web-sites may be detailed within the scam, but the contact email details will be false. They may detail the genuine company name, but at the wrong address - for example: genuine website - www.ukvisas.gov.uk, but false contact details:
[email protected]

Beware - some job scams fraudulently use the names and job titles of genuine embassy staff. A genuine email from an official member of staff will always be from our official service provider - @fco.gov.uk It would never be from a "hotmail or yahoo" type email account.

Be prepared to undertake some general research in to UK jobs, terms & conditions of employment. Think about the credibility of any job offer that you have received. For example, a monthly salary of £4, 000, plus benefits of free car at your disposal, free health insurance, free accommodation, free food, free flights for self & family members, plus generous annual leave entitlements, etc is simply not credible. UK employers simply do not offer these terms and conditions.

Think about your "recruitment procedure". Very few genuine UK companies would offer a job by email. Genuine companies have a rigorous selection procedure, which would normally involve a face-to-face interview.

How were you contacted by the UK company? If you happened to meet an employee in an internet chat-room, who subsequently offered you employment, then this is very likely to be a fraudulent offer.

Visa Fees and Procedures

Current UK visa fees are published on the VFS website
www.vfs-uk-ph.com. Information & guidance on application procedures are published on www.vfs-uk-ph.com.

Neither the British Embassy nor any of its staff would ever ask you for payment of fees directly. Visa fees are paid at VFS where all applications are lodged. There are no "additional visa fees". The UK government does not administer or charge for "additional services" such as Travel Insurance, Health Screening checks, Police checks, Home Land Security checks, etc. Any such charges are indicators of likely fraud.

What to do if you have received a scam email?

You should not pay any money

You should not have any further contact with them
. It might be tempting to enter in to a dialogue with these people, however you should not. These people are professional criminals; they will seek to exploit you. Even if you do not pay them any money, they might seek to steal or abuse your identity. Your best defence against these people is to ignore them and delete any emails that you have received from them.

What if I have already paid money to an email scam?

You should report the matter to the Philippine Police Authorities, who will investigate your complaint. This is an international crime - investigations must be progressed through the Philippine police or Interpol. The UK police cannot become involved until they have been contacted by Interpol.

The British Embassy has no jurisdiction to investigate or take out criminal proceedings here in the Philippines

Non-EU citizens should go here to find out about obtaining a visa to work as an au pair in the UK
http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/doineedvisa/
Whenever payment is requested by Western Union you're dealing with a scammer
#16004 by Jillian Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:13 am
Welcome, Spookshow. :D

I have temporarily removed the names from your post pending context of the scam. Please provide evidence of the scams to go with the names so that we can post them here to alert others.

Have you sent a payment to a scammer with Western Union and now realize it's a scam? If the payment has not been picked up, you can cancel it immediately! 1-800-448-1492

Follow ScamWarners on Twitter: http://twitter.com/ScamWarners